Ask Ken at Palisades

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
A skateboard would be really cool. hmmm...I wonder? If you are going in that direction would a scooter work better for Scooter? I like all the ideas, though!:smile: I kind of like the skateboard better though. It fits him.

kane31666

Reaction score
frogboy4,

In response to your question of whether or not, I will recieve the auction I won, before EB, I probably will. The guy bought the set at the Philly Con and sold the four figures, plus his exclusive Teeth separately. I just won the Bunsen figure.

Ken, when do you think we can see scultps for series 3?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
We are going to debut the sculpts for Series 3 at San Diego and then post them on the net the following week.

Smig

Reaction score
No door. eh..
Ah, well, can't win 'em all....
still should look good.

Smig

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Chris I will still hook you up with what I promised...the idea was still a winner even though we could not make it.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
A note about TRU.

As I have a small child, I frequently shop-- or attempt to shop-- at TRU. In my recent experience, the employees don't know anything. I have called and asked about a specific product and been told they do not carry it, only to see it on their shelves two days later. I have been told they cannot help me unless I have the skew number (and if I had the number off the packaging I wouldn't need the product, would I?). I have been told they have an item in stock only to get to the store and be told they've been sold out for weeks.

Bottom line-- in my experience TRU employees do not know what is going on in their store and rarely care enough to actually help a customer with a phone request. I have had better luck asking for help in the actual store. The manager at my local TRU told me they do not know what is coming in their shipments and could not pre-order the exclusive Kermit for me, but he did tell me when their shipments arrive and when they usually have them unpacked so that it would be easier for me to check back regularly.

About the delay-- I am not surprised and while I cannot wait to get my hands on these figures, I understand. Ken -- I appreciate the honesty and all the little tidbits you share with us here. I'll take some truth that doesn't pan out over no input and lack of information any day!! :smile:

If you're taking requests-- I think the scooter would be good for Scooter. It is a little more trendy (which is good and bad) but mostly it is just a fun play off his name.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the Kermit "Ringmaster" (as it was labeled) from their online Amazon store. I would have liked to buy it in the store, but didn't much appreciate the runaround I was getting from them. I know you can't expect much from Joe Shmo employee, but I still feel it is managements job to try to please the customers and it looks like they have been doing a very poor job. And many stores these days wonder why their store fronts don't turn a profit the way they used to. I believe in helping out my local stores - and local chains, but I guess TRU is on my bad list. I will likely be buying from them online. No biggie, but as I said - it does not help the store in my area. I just want to make sure I get my hands on the little green guy before he sells out!:frown:

Stulz

Reaction score
Scooter Accessories

Not sure if someone had mentioned this a loooong time ago or not , but what about a box of popcorn for one of Scooter's accessories?

It would fit beacuse in bothe The Muppet Movie and Great Muppet Caper he sold "Fresh Organic Popcorn.... Only a Buck!"

Back Stage passes would be cool.. cause he sold them to Sly Stalone's groupies in one ep. and I think he sold them in a nother one as well.

This one 's a bit harder becsaue I know you can't use "Movie" versions but what about Yello Gonzo head T-Shirts like in "Muppets From Space"?

Thanks Ken for all the iniside info (Good and Bad)

Chris

Raech

Reaction score
Extremely dissapointed

Ok I am extremely dissapointed that a vanishing cream beaker would only be at a convention. I am not flying to Chicago in the hopes of buying a cool figure I want.

I am already dissapointed that the figures are still nowhere to be found. Part of me says I won't be able to buy all I want (cheap enough) so to try to force myself to pass on the line. I guess we will see once I actually see series 1 in the stores.

MM-III

Reaction score
I have nothing interesting to add... I just wanted to be the 500th reply on this thread...

Thank you for your time.