Ask Ken at Palisades

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
P.S. The Beaker doesn't actually disappear does he?

No, but if I could figure out a way to make that happen you can bet your sweet Aunt Petunia's left buttcheek I would!

radionate

Reaction score
Sorry about the long post you guys, Ken posted his before I got done typing mine up.

As for the Beaker, Ken do you remember the Invisible Woman Figure from Toy Biz? You'd put her in the freezer or a glass of ice water, and she would turn invisible (clear). I don't know how they did it, but there was a McDonalds Happy Meal toy like that too.

Have I sparked an idea for you for Beaker?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
No, but if I could figure out a way to make that happen you can bet your sweet Aunt Petunia's left buttcheek I would!
HEY!

How do you know my sweet Aunt Petunia????

FOZ!:eek:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
As for the Beaker, Ken do you remember the Invisible Woman Figure from Toy Biz? You'd put her in the freezer or a glass of ice water, and she would turn invisible (clear). I don't know how they did it, but there was a McDonalds Happy Meal toy like that too.

Have I sparked an idea for you for Beaker?

Possibly. I just wonder where I could get my hands on a sample of plastic that did that. Or the Invisible Woman herself. It would be interesting to see what they did...and what materials or paints they used.

radionate

Reaction score
Ken's Quest for Invisible Beaker

Ken,

The ToyBiz invisible woman is pretty pricey on the secondary market (at least it used to be, haven't followed up on it lately). As for the McDonalds toy, let me check out if I have any extras. If I do, I'll send one off to you.

Here's what my unscientific mind has figured out about it. I don't think it was the plastic itself, I really think it was the paint. The PVC they used was liquid blue in color. It really was kind of a cool toy. I'll look into for ya.

Do you remember Zartan in G.I. Joe? How did they make him turn green in sunlight? Could it be the same type of thing?

(Man, here I go getting excited about a disappearing Beaker when I'm lecturing everyone else about being ugly if they can't get all the exclusives!) (Which reminds me, I still want the Muppets in their Alice in Wonderland costumes from the Brooke Sheilds episode!!!!!!)

Sam T Eagle

Reaction score
Ken
On the Animal Figure his eyes puplis are they going to be center or looking up in his eyelids or is this because eyelids are move down because all the pictures I've seen his eye puplis are in the center.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I'll keep my eyes open for the IW too...don't know if we can do that in the short time frame, but we'll certainly investigate the possibility.

As for Animal (you must have seen ToyFare this month) his eyebrow ridge moves up and down that's why his eyes are centered. He can do surprised look and then the brow down "mean" kind of look.

Drtooth

Reaction score
R-repaint Dr.Teeth?!?!? I DIDN'T GET THE ORIGINAL ONE YET!! BOOO HOOOOO! Okay! I'm calm now! Biding time is oh so hard. I feel like Homer Simpson on that episode where he's on the five day waiting period to get a fire arm. I fell like that's me on the lawn as Patty and Selma pass while "Waiting is the hardest part" plays in the background!

bizarreblair

Reaction score
More delays...

Well...I just called my local EB to find out the newest shelf date for the figures.

1st date EB gave me: May 4
2nd date EB gave me: May 14
3rd date EB gave me: May 24

May 24 being tomorrow, just like the other two times, I called EB to make sure they would have them tomorrow.

They told me that the new date is JUNE 5!!!

Boy oh boy is this aggravating!

Just thought I'd let everybody know. My local TRU still hasn't even heard of the line. Not even the manager has heard of it! I know Ken said that he wouldn't expect an employee at TRU to know about it, but let me tell you, I'm a manager at a book store, and I know every title on 4 different best seller lists that change every week, as well as new titles coming out at least as far away as a month and a half! So I find a manager of a toy store not even knowing about what every toy magazine is calling the biggest line in years very disappointing to say the least.

Oh well...now that I've blown off some steam because I can't have the Muppets tomorrow I suppose I'll end this post.

Bye Bye.