Ask Ken at Palisades

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Kane31666 and Simpsons...

Originally posted by kane31666
the basic play factor on the simpsons line is the interactive talking feature they have when connected to compatible environments.
Boring. That's like having a rubber chicken that clucks, or puppets that talk for you. Loses the fun for me. Much prefer good old action figures with moveable limbs that you can pose and play with and make voices and all that good stuff, the kind of things that builds good creative skills and personal character...and multiple personalities. :smile:

But, that's only my opinion and we're all allowed to feel about them as we shall.

I'll stick to my Simpsons VHS and DVD's and Bart Sings the Blues CD, tho.

FOZ

Other stuff:
Ken,
Luke's being modest by telling you that's a picture of Holly What's-her-face. It's really HIM!!! Isn't he foxy? Heh heh.

Radionate,
Dude, call sometime that you come to Memphis. Sure, my toons are on the website of a different radio station, but I still listen to your's the most! Wait, wasn't it 94.1 The Buzz? Also, we're working on plans for this year's haunted house and I think The Buzz is going to sponsor it, something you might want to get into. Glad to see you're posting again.

Everybody and everything else:
I'm just going to buy every single figure I can get my hands on that I can still afford! LOL! Just MUST have all Fozzie stuff!! If not, sure...I'll cry *sniff*...but, I'll be okay. *sniff*

There was something else I wanted to reply to, but I forgot what it was, so nevermind.

FOZ again

FER SURE

Reaction score
Ken-

How many of the show exclusives will we be able to buy. I really hope its more than 1.

MikeHornPalisad

Reaction score
Yeah, most likely 2 per person. 1 is really too short and 3 or more encourages that speculation buying.

More details as we get closer to the event, of course...

MH

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Muppets for Sale

Ken,

If there is a new owner of the Muppets, how does this affect the future of the line? That is if EM.TV even sells. :big_grin:

kane31666

Reaction score
FOZZI3B3AR

i see your point, you can't actually play with them, but I'm an MOC collector so play factor doesn't really affect my buying decisions.

bw0000

Reaction score
I think the 2 per person idea is a bad one. What about us on the board who find people get us the figs, if they can only buy 2 it limits the number of diehard fans who will get them. I should be raised to 4. If the arguement is that they will sell out too quickly then simply make more.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Look, we can't make more because then it isn't limited. But we have to limit it because then you have people buying a lot and selling on e-bay. In any case, let's deal with this, as Mike said, closer to the event. If we have to make exceptions to the 2 per person rule to accomodate some die hard fans we can discuss it nearer to the show.

Ken

radionate

Reaction score
BW0000,

It also limits the so called scalpers from getting in line, buying up a bunch, and trying to make a quick buck off ebay and other such places.

So once again the cyclical arguement continues. People gripe that secondary market toy dealers are gouging the public for the exclusives, so the number of figures per person is reduced. Then people yell that they can't get one, so more are allowed per person or made in general, then they are no longer exclusive.....THE MARKET IS FLOODED AND THEY WON'T MAKE THE MUPPET SHOW LINE PAST WAVE THREE AS THE INTEREST IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, this is why I quit collecting star wars, action figures, Disney Stuff, and nearly everything but my Muppets, because it just got to be no fun. People fighting over stupid plastic toys, whining, and all in all acting like overgrown three year olds.

I've never understood what the deal is with some exclusives. Yeah, if we were talking about a Beaker who actually turned invisible when you stuck him in the freezer I'd want him, or an Agnus figure, or some other random character that wasn't in the normal line. But these are characters we'll all have a crack at. They just look a little different. Personally, I want the Piggy with the long hair. I'm going to have a hard time finding her, but if I don't, I'll survive with the short hair version. We don't have to have them all to be content with our collections (well, maybe Warrick, but he's in a class all by himself!!!!)

I don't mean to sound preachy or ugly, but why is it that some people have been griping about these figures since the begining. It's not like the person who has the most figures wins. I'll be content to have the Electric Mayhem or Muppet Labs with the normal figures, shoot, like I said in an earlier post, I'm estatic for them!

In my humble opinion, toys should be played with, and invoke memories of days gone by, whether we are 12 or 112. They should put a smile on your face, not frustrate you because you can't get the Kermit with a removable collar from the Linda Lavin episode (and I'm only making an analagy, not starting a
rumor!)

Lets all play nice with our toys shall we? Otherwise I'm taking my Muppets and going home! :big_grin:

P.S. The Beaker doesn't actually disappear does he? :confused: