Ask Ken at Palisades

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
just an idea

I just had a thought earlier today, and I am not sure if anyone else has mentioned something like this already. I was wondering what you guys thought of a commemorative figure, honoring Jim Henson. They could make a kermit figure that comes with a directors chair ( somebody else thought that up - I am just expanding :smile: ) but on the back of the chair it could say "Director Jim Henson" or something like that. Kermit could also come with sheet music for the famous "Rainbow" song. I think such a figure should also be one that has partial proceeds going to a charity.

grail

Reaction score
a couple things...

first off, a Jim Henson figure - it's been brought up before, but apparantly Henson dosn't even want the Jim Henson MUPPET made as a fig, let alone the real thing. it's a shame, though...i for one would LOVE to see one.

secondly, to Ken - have you heard who it is that has apparantly picked up the remains of Resaurus' Speed Racer line? it was mentioned on action-figure.com that it's being shown for pre-toyfair (which is something else that has completely slipped under my radar recently...i need to pay more attention apparantly), but didn't say who was doing it. my thought was that it might be Palisades, since i know you worked on the line for Resaurus.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
secondly, to Ken - have you heard who it is that has apparantly picked up the remains of Resaurus' Speed Racer line? it was mentioned on action-figure.com that it's being shown for pre-toyfair (which is something else that has completely slipped under my radar recently...i need to pay more attention apparantly), but didn't say who was doing it. my thought was that it might be Palisades, since i know you worked on the line for Resaurus.

It's probably Diamond Select. I would bet mucho money on that, although I don't have absolute confirmation.

They could make a kermit figure that comes with a directors chair ( somebody else thought that up - I am just expanding ) but on the back of the chair it could say "Director Jim Henson" or something like that. Kermit could also come with sheet music for the famous "Rainbow" song. I think such a figure should also be one that has partial proceeds going to a charity.

Does this mean we should give up the quest to make the Jim Henson Muppet? It's a neat idea, it just doesn't seem to have the oomph a JH Muppet figure would. And like the Star Wars stuff, to which we also received an initial "no", I still believe that a day may come where the answer will NOT be no to stuff like this.

To Ken, youve already shown us a prototype of series 4(Link) even though Toy Fare *was* spose to be the first time any of those are revelaed. Any chance more of that series could be shown pre Toy Fare?

There's always a chance...Series 4 actually showed up in my office today, all painted. I was a little shocked at the purpleness of the PIS outfits based on the PMS specs. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Anybody have any thoughts of what their pants and boots look like?

Ken (or anyone who can answer this), why 4 figures per series? It seems that if a series doesn't have 4, it might have 6. My personal guess is that it's a time/money factor in making an extra two?? I've got another question but I'm still trying to figure out how to ask it...

Let me know when you figure it out. But to the other question...we do 4 per series because it's less expensive to tool, cheaper for the consumer to buy them all at one time, and gives the line longer life by not shooting all the figures out so quickly.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
It's probably Diamond Select. I would bet mucho money on that, although I don't have absolute confirmation.
that's where i was headed too...they're the only one's i could think of that might "pick up" where another company left off...i was hoping, though...

Does this mean we should give up the quest to make the Jim Henson Muppet? It's a neat idea, it just doesn't seem to have the oomph a JH Muppet figure would. And like the Star Wars stuff, to which we also received an initial "no", I still believe that a day may come where the answer will NOT be no to stuff like this.
in the words of Tim Allen, "Never give up, never surrender!" i've got a name and email address for a guy at Lucas licensing if'n you want...if you can get them to give a thumbs up, maybe Henson will relent? and if the Star Wars guys go, maybe they'd do at least the Jim Muppet...though i'd LOVE to see a "commorative series", with things like Jim doing Kermit, Frank Oz doing Piggy, Dave Golez doing Gonzo, etc...you know, figures of the people, while they're wearing the puppet. the problem i see with it though is that Henson likes to pretend the Muppets are real people...so it may just be that they want to keep people in that mindset. kind of a "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" attitude.

There's always a chance...Series 4 actually showed up in my office today, all painted. I was a little shocked at the purpleness of the PIS outfits based on the PMS specs. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Anybody have any thoughts of what their pants and boots look like?
is it purple? or is it METALLIC purple? i think that's gonna be your key...is it shiny enough to distract Travis from across the room (if he's awake at the time, that is). sure the suits were purple, but depending on the light, they looked silver too. as for the pants/boots...i don't remember EVER seeing them on the show, but i always imagined them like Calvin's "Spaceman Spiff" outfit. the boots would be rounded off, kinda like a kid's snowboots...and have some kinda rings at the top...the pants would be tucked into that...does that make any sense?

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Just a quick question for anyone out there:
About the Rowlf figure, I was reading my copy of the current Toyfare, and inside they have both versions of Rowlf pictured. Except that the tuxedo version has a caption stating that "this variant Rowlf has yet to have a home..." I new here and trying to keep up with all the posts, so my questions are: Are both versions of Rowlf going to be in stores? And is it true that exclusive figures are not being made after series 2?
Any idea which Movie version Muppet will be the first one made?

Thanks too guys and Ken for replying to my post (thread) about doing a commemorative figure. I can see the dificulty in trying to get one made (public interest, legal issues) I forgot about the Henson Muppet -that would be great too!

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Oh... I had another thought about what could be done for a "commemorative" figure. Just to make things a little easier for Palisades, a regular Kermit figure could be made, and on the back instead of the "Muppet Biography" you could have a picture of Jim and have some insight on how he came to create the Muppets.

Any thoughts on this:

Of course I know that doing stuff like this is as easy as it sounds: but one can dream!

P.S sorry if I am loading up the board with too many "threads" I guess I am getting a little too excited and chatty about this stuff! Hope no one minds! Hehehe!

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
Rings at the top...

I like the suggestion of the boots on Spaceman Spiff - the rings at the top seem to fit into the overall design of the rest of the outfit.

And of course they have to have some sort of cool tread...

Michael
MWC

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by bc-fraggle
Just a quick question for anyone out there:
About the Rowlf figure, I was reading my copy of the current Toyfare, and inside they have both versions of Rowlf pictured. Except that the tuxedo version has a caption stating that "this variant Rowlf has yet to have a home..." I new here and trying to keep up with all the posts, so my questions are: Are both versions of Rowlf going to be in stores? And is it true that exclusive figures are not being made after series 2?
Any idea which Movie version Muppet will be the first one made?
i'm not Ken...i'm shorter and have more hair...but i CAN answer those questions!

first off, Toyfare was right...when it was printed. since then, Palisades has decided to hold back regular Rowlf as a kicker for one of the later lines, so Tux Rowlf got the call, and has stepped into his place on the rotation. Regular Rowlf WILL still happen, just...later.

secondly, the way it stood last time i heard anything, the exclusives are not stopping after series 2, just pausing and slowing down. there will be no exclusives with series 3, but exclusives of the series 3 characters may come out with series 4. but as always with exclusives, someone has to buy them before Palisades can make any. what they WILL be doing are a "chase figure" now and again. for series 2, the chase will be a repaint Floyd, for series 3 a repaint Zoot.

lastly, from all accounts, the first "movie version" Muppet out will technically be Sam the Eagle as Samuel Arrow from Muppet Treasure Island (usually just referred to as MTI in here). it'll be series 4, and the other figures will be Link Hogthrob and Dr. Strangepork in Pigs in Space uniform, Rizzo in Muppets Tonight form, and the playset will be the bridge of the Swinetrek with first mate Piggy. Janice was originally going to be in that line, but was held back to be the playset figure for series 5...the Electric Mayhem's bus!!!

hope that answers these questions, you may try checking the first thread on this part of the forum, the "Palisades FAQ" one for anything else you might think of...

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Re: a couple things...

Originally posted by grail
first off, a Jim Henson figure - it's been brought up before, but apparantly Henson dosn't even want the Jim Henson MUPPET made as a fig, let alone the real thing. it's a shame, though...i for one would LOVE to see one.
Which would people prefer ... Muppet Henson or human Henson? I vote Muppet Henson. It would be a nice tribute to how much life and personality he was able to bring to pieces of felt and foam. Plus, it could be the same size as the other Muppets and look right.