Ask Ken at Palisades

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Canadian Collectors

Hi Everyone! Hi Ken!
First off, let me just let everyone know that I am new to this whole posting thing, and I am a little hazzy on my Muppets. I am slowly learning stuff from you guys!
Are there any Canadian Collectors out there? Cause I am having problems locating the figures. I did see all of series 1 two weeks ago at my local T.R.Us. It seems that I waited too long to buy them as they are all gone. So I asked them today if they had more to put out. The employee at the store told me that the Muppet figures were not selling and were being discontinued! If I understand her the Canadian Stores aren't selling them any longer. Are Canadian T.R.Us' selling the figures? And should they stock series 2 in October? Also is there a place where I can find a list of Canadian stores that are selling them?
Oh, I like both Doglion Beast and Sweetnums! They remind me of the book, "Where the Wild Things are". Both should be made!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Walker and Ken, just corrected a broken link in your posts.

incredeeble!

Reaction score
One Question, One Comment...

Question:

Ken (or anyone who can answer this), why 4 figures per series? It seems that if a series doesn't have 4, it might have 6. My personal guess is that it's a time/money factor in making an extra two?? I've got another question but I'm still trying to figure out how to ask it...

(If this has already been asked, please forgive me)

Comment:

For anyone who hasn't purchased their series one muppets, they're 20 dollars for the set of 4 at www.amoktime.com!

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
Okay, I can answer two questions! Wow!!

First, on the matter of guitarists and left handed/right handed. MOst people play right handed, which means that their right hand strums the strings and that their left hand holds the "neck" of the guitar. Janice and Floyd in TMM and actualy any time I've seen them have both been LEFT handed, but I think Floyd switches up in TMS...I'm not sure about that. I know in the movie they are both left handed. This may be a tribute to Paul McCartney, who plays guitar left handed (even though he's right handed), since that fits in with the whole SGT Floyd PEPPER motif. I think in the FAQ it says that Janice WIL be left handed, and Floyd will be right handed, which is cool because that allows the "Wing" pose with each one having the guitar neck sticking out in opposite directions...something that really made the beatles (with Paul and either John or George) much more visually appealing and dynamic in their stage shows...

so the in short, right hand strumming=right handed, left hand strumming = left handed.

As for Canadian TRU stores, what you have heard is a common problem with TRU's and Walmarts in Canada...they aren't discontinuing the line they just are not ordering in any more Wave 1 figures. I beleive that it shws the line as discontinued because they've discontiued ordering wave 1, but that when wave 2 is released, they should be restocked.

HOWEVER, I suggest going to Electronic Botique and placing pre-orders on the wave 2 figures, instead of trusting TRU. EB also carries their exclusives in canada, while TRU only releases exclusives in the states.

If you still want Wave 1 or want to preorder wave 2 online, in canadian funds, and for a decent price (although slightly more expensive) I suggest trying www.theouterreaches.com . I ordered Muppet Labs from them and got it 24 hours later, paid in Canadian funds, and shipped immaculately, very well packaged and super fast!

another source, alhtough only in american funds is www.bigbadtoystore.com . They're a great source for collectible figures, with excellent customer service.

Prof Shubbly

Reaction score
Muppets in Canada

I got all my series 1 from EB. And about half of the EBs I happen to visit tend to still have most of the figures still on the pegs. I've never seen a big Muppet presence in Canadian TRUs. And mostly they just have a bunch of Piggys and maybe 1 Kermit.

I got my playset from a speciality toy store and most of the hobby/comic shops I visit tend to have at least some of the figures available.

Where do you live in Canada, as we might be able to give you some even better advice.

Prof. Shubbly

suggsy

Reaction score
Re: Canadian Collectors

Originally posted by bc-fraggle
Hi Everyone! I did see all of series 1 two weeks ago at my local T.R.Us. It seems that I waited too long to buy them as they are all gone. So I asked them today if they had more to put out. The employee at the store told me that the Muppet figures were not selling and were being discontinued! If I understand her the Canadian Stores aren't selling them any longer. Are Canadian T.R.Us' selling the figures? And should they stock series 2 in October?

Store employees are notorious for disinformation. Somehow, making 8 bucks an hour in a TRU does not always mean they are tapped into the industry. And if the Muppets weren't selling, why were they sold out when you went? Bomb lines sit forever until they are clearanced.

With the way the line is suddenly expanding to include the movies, I'd say the Muppets are selling fine.

And if you can't find them in a store, there's always online.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>B: Because we are seeing Rizzo and Pepe (from Muppets Tonight) will we see such characters down the line as Clifford, Johnny Fiama, and Sal?<<<

So pretty much, though Ken is a bit mum...Pepe is pretty much all but confirmed then? Kind of like that mini figure thread I started, it felt like right of the bat Palisades hinted that they were doing PVCs.

>>>Bill. He works with a puppet all day. I figure he has the arm strength<<<

If you knew how much arm fatigue and arm strength those Muppeteers go through...ack, I can barely hold my arm up with a recorder to bootleg not more than 3 songs from a live concert set.

To Ken, youve already shown us a prototype of series 4(Link) even though Toy Fare *was* spose to be the first time any of those are revelaed. Any chance more of that series could be shown pre Toy Fare?

As for the release date of Series 2...remember how Series 1 was spose to debut in April? Well, don;t cry to hard if November ends up being more likely.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
"If you knew how much arm fatigue and arm strength those Muppeteers go through...ack"

Muley was downtown again Saturday, this time only up from 11:45 am until 3:30 pm (not nearly as long as when he was at the RMH Radiothon or Bosco's Celebrity Waiter Nighta s Maitre D), and My arm was KILLING ME!!

Not to mention that now my left arm is more tan than my right arm.

He was also on the news that night talking about the festival as if he were one of the people visiting it.

Fun, huh?

FOZ

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
re:canadian

Thanks Prof shubbly, stryder wolfe and suggsy! Thanks guys for all of your imput into the Canadian Muppet search. I have been to my local EB to look for Muppets and there they only had 3 exclusive long hair Piggys. Yeah!!!
I never did think to ask EB to preorder series 2 for me. I will have to ask them about this. Have you guys done this? If they can then my muppet worries are over! Thanks stryder wolfe for the links, I will defiantely look into them. I called a local comic shop today to see if they have any of the muppets. One store has them all including the lab. They are however selling them together. I didn't ask the price, but I imagine it is high. Comic stores tend to jack up the prices real high here... I guess comics alone don't pay the rent! Hehehe! So I tend to go to them as one of my last resorts, same with online stores as the exchange rate sucks! So my lesson learnt is buy the figures when you see them to save yourself collecting grief! Although tracking them down is really also what being a collector is all about too!
Oh, I live in British Columbia, Canada.