A Heart of Gold

theprawncracker

Reaction score
WHOOOOOO!! That was a REALLY awesome chapter half o' mine! I'm loving Craig and Bob, a lot. And this trip intrigues me. Trip? Trip or trip? Huh?! :stick_out_tongue:

Great job. More please!! :halo:

Beauregard

Reaction score
melisa said:
"Entres vous!" she called.

A cheerful green head poked in. "Hi-ho."

She smiled at his reflection in the mirror and rose from her vanity to greet him. "Oui, Mon Capitan?"

He smiled and reached out for her hand. "We got a call from New York today," he said.

"Oh?" she said, touching her free hand to his shoulder. "And what does that city want?"

"Who said it was that city? Maybe it was that state," he said.

She measured the look in his eyes. "It was that city," she said.
The visuals here were fabulous...the green head, the relfection, the vanity. Fabulous. Nice chapter. And intriguing to an extreme.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Chapter Thirty-One

It had been a very busy three weeks.

Every conceivable thing that could have gone wrong- and a few inconceivable things as well- had gone wrong.

By the middle of the second week, Kermit and Miss Piggy were mostly looking forward to their little trip for the simple fact that it would be a break from what they were doing.

But before the trip could begin, Robin had to be dropped off at the swamp, which meant Kermit had left a day earlier than Miss Piggy and had taken a train, whereas she had gone by plane.

Which explained why she had just spent a few hours in the middle seat between a smelly old man and an even smellier young man with record-breaking bad looks and a less than appealing character.

Oh, but it was over now. It was finally over.

She leaned against the doorpost with a great sigh and watched as Kermit wrestled with the key-card. Finally the little green light went on, indicating that the door was unlocked, and he gave her a wry smile as he opened the door. "You'd think they could make these things a little easier," he said.

She shook her head and half-dragged, half-kicked her suitcase into the room. "They'd better have a nice bathtub," she grumbled, "Because the first thing moi am doing is taking a several hour long bath."

He tilted his head to the side, noticing that she hadn't noticed that there were two beds in the room. He smiled and slid an arm around her waist. "I've got a better idea."

"Kermit-"

He kissed her firmly, letting his other hand caress her cheek.

She pulled away, suddenly in a much better mood. "Kermie," she whined, "I'm filthy..."

"You are?" He kissed her cheek. "I think you'll have to convince me..."

He tugged her towards the nearer bed.

"But-" she squirmed feebly in his arms. "Kermie-"

"Aw, come on," he grinned, intentionally falling backwards onto the bed. "A little- rest never hurt anyone." He kissed her again.

She didn't seem so reluctant now. In fact, she made sure he was thoroughly kissed.

"Oh," she sighed as his lips moved to her collarbone. Her arms tightened around him. "Kermie?" she murmured.

"Hm?"

"What's the other bed for?"

"Mm…" He nuzzled closer to her. "Luggage."

They grew quiet then, and settled in for a nap before that night's party.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​

When Kermit awoke, his arms were empty. He looked around, disappointed.

The bathroom door opened with a puff of steam, and there she was. Miss Piggy. She was wearing her robe, and her hair was all up in curlers. She knelt in front of her open suitcase.

He got to her in two hops. "What are you doing?"

"I'm getting-"

He kissed her and slid his arms around her waist.

"Mm! Mm-" She pushed him away. "Kermie!" she said, flustered.

"You didn't answer my question," he grinned at her.

She sighed. "I'm getting ready for the party," she explained.

"Oh. I see." He glanced at the clock. "This early?"

"Well, Kermie," she said with pointedly feigned patience, "Some people have to do a little more than just throw on a suit."

"Well what else do you have to do?" He grinned at her, reached out, and took her hands. "You look terrific. Just go like that."

She pulled her hands away and stared at him. "You did not-"

"I did." He slid his arms around her and pulled her in for a tantalizing kiss.

She pried him away. "Later, Kermie," she murmured. "I have to get ready." She grabbed something from her suitcase and vanished into the bathroom.

Her tight red dress had a thin blue lining that matched her thin blue belt, and her gloves had turned to white. She gave him a demure smile.

Kermit looked her over and smiled. He took her hands in his and let his eyes dance over her again. "You look beautiful," he said quietly. "You are beautiful." He leaned closer, affectionately gazing into her big blue eyes. "Especially inside," he murmured.

Her feet were suddenly unsteady, and she let his arms surround her.

"You know something?" he murmured. "Last time we danced was before I left."

Her gloves softly settled on his suit jacket. "Let's change that," she whispered, and they shared a luxurious kiss. She pulled back abruptly, wrapped an arm around him, and ushered him out the door. "Let's not be late," she said.

"I thought that was fashionable," he said absent-mindedly.

"Leave the fashion to moi, Kermie."

"Yes ma'am," he said cheerily.

At celebrity-filled parties like this, it was easy to be overwhelmed at first. After the initial shock, Kermit usually liked to separate from Miss Piggy. They each liked to talk to different people about different things. But tonight, he was glad to keep his arm linked with hers. After the usual discussion of the weather, the food, and the local sports teams, there was only one direction for a conversation to turn.

"So Kermit, you like, just got back, didn't you? Where was your unit? Wow, that must've been rough. You were drafted, though. Do you support the war?"

At this point, Miss Piggy would flash a warning glare and slip closer to Kermit.

He would find her hand, squeeze it, and take a deep breath. "I wish there was a more peaceful way to do what has to be done. But there isn't. So yes, I support the war."

"What about that business with the Triple C?"

Here, Miss Piggy would intervene with some creative comment, such as, "Drew, those shoes are simply divine!" or, "Donald, who does your hair?" or, "Are you still married?" or, "Would vous please pass the butter?"

When the band started to play, Kermit and Miss Piggy turned and smiled at each other.

"Oh, Kermit, hi! I was hoping I'd get to talk to you..." A man appeared before them and began to ramble, mostly about the war, despite Miss Piggy's persistent warning glares and many attempts to sway the conversation.

Kermit desperately tried to build a wall, with his face and his voice, but the man paid no mind to it and mined deeper into the topic. Kermit could feel The Eyes watching him, waiting to pounce.

"You know what, I'm really curious- with the Child Corps Charge, you know? I just can't believe- isn't that terrible, I mean-"

"Oh Kermie remember this song? Excuse us, Freddy!" Miss Piggy quickly dragged Kermit onto the dance floor and pulled him into the safe haven of her arms.

He pushed his face into her shoulder and ignored the music entirely. He could see The Eyes. Miss Piggy was holding him close, murmuring something soothing, lightly swaying him, giving some semblance of dancing, and occasionally sliding soft, comforting kisses onto his cheek. He focused on her voice, her scent, the feel of her skin, her beating heart, and her very presence. In a moment, he was calm, and he wrapped his arms around her. "Thank you," he murmured.

She lifted his face from her shoulder and nuzzled her cheek against his. "Dance with me?" she whispered.

There was a shadow of something in her voice to which he was not accustomed. It made him pause. He tenderly wrapped his hand around hers. His other arm, still around her waist, grew firm and guiding. He held her close for a moment before he remembered the music. His flippers began to move.

She moved with him effortlessly. Their legs worked in fluid elegance that the other dancers marveled at, and yet they held so close to each other that it was questionable as to whether or not they were separate beings. By the end of the song, everyone in attendance was mesmerized.

But Kermit and Miss Piggy were only aware of each other and the music.

He was mostly conscious of her very being, her every essence, her utter magnificence, and the fact that she had chosen his arms to wrap herself in, and his heart to capture, when she could have had anyone in the world.

She was completely focused on the fact that, finally, thank goodness, at long last, he was leading her, the way he used to, the way he was meant to, the way he always did. She put her head on his shoulder and, under his tender, careful guidance, she slowly relaxed. The tension that had built up over the past year eased out of her body, and she was overcome with such utter relief that, in that moment, she surrendered to him so completely that she would have calmly done anything he asked without a second thought at all.

All he asked of her was to dance.

With each song, the tempo went up a notch. Their feet kept pace and set the standard high. Still they danced cheek-to-cheek until finally, at the end of a high-energy song, he spun her out and back in, and their eyes met for the first time since entering the dance floor.

So did their lips.

When their lips parted, she whispered, "Mon Capitan!"

When their eyes locked, he was smiling, and he said simply, "Yup." His hands found her waist, and he looked into her eyes with a deep but simple satisfaction.

They pulled each other close and held tight in a warm, celebratory hug that no one else could possibly understand.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*melts*

*slips to the floor*

*dies and slides away into the rhythem on the music*

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ahhh, more good mushy stuff. But poor Kermit, having to deal with everyone and their difficult questions. Sigh. But he's a tough frog and with his pig by his side he's getting through it. Wonderful....*sways to the music*

theprawncracker

Reaction score
So I have to leave in two minutes. Which means I need a very brief post celebrating this chapter. Hmm, what to say, what to say... Um... Well, it was... Hmm... There was that one part... And it was... Well... You see... One minute now. Um... Lovely! Tres lovely. Muy bueno! *spits*! Yes, that was my German impression. ((((HUGS)))) Loved it half!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Chapter Thirty-Two

Kermit hummed to himself as he took his suit off, keeping an eye on the bathroom door. He knew she was tired, incredibly tired. He wondered what she might wear, and hoped he wouldn't have to wonder for long.

The bathroom door opened, and she appeared in comfy pajama pants and a matching shirt, looking like she was all ready asleep. She drifted towards the bed, ready to collapse.

He stepped into her path and caught her in his arms. "Hi-ho," he smiled.

She sighed as her arms slid around his shoulders, completely of their own free will.

He took her hand and began to dance.

She whimpered slightly. "Tired," she mumbled.

"I know," he murmured. "Me too. But I like dancing with you."

"So do I," she mumbled. "But Mon- oh..." He must have guided her straight into bed, because she was suddenly lying down with a pillow under her head, and the blankets were pulling up to her neck, and he was right here beside her... Oh, this was nice.

He propped his head up with his hand. "Now then, Miss Piggy," he murmured as seriously as he could while stroking her cheek, "I believe I made you a promise."

Something surged inside of her.

"I promised to hold you so tight... that you couldn't get away if you tried," he murmured, his voice growing dreamy.

"All night," she breathed.

"All night," he said. "So- in keeping with that promise..." He kissed her cheek. "Note how my arms are now wrapping around you..." His voice might have been explaining something for Sesame Street.

She smiled.

He pressed against her. "And now, getting tighter..."

She giggled.

He pressed his lips to her skin intermittently. "And- if you'll notice- you- are not- going- anywhere." His lips crashed into hers for a long, passionate kiss.

She found herself gasping for breath. "How on earth... do you have... this much... energy?"

He settled in and nuzzled against her. "Call it adrenaline," he murmured.

Her breathing eventually returned to normal, and the room grew quiet.

"Kermie?" she murmured.

"Hm?"

She smiled. "You didn't have to stop," she whispered.

He pretended to be agitated. "You know, you're not the only one who's tired..." But he hungrily kissed her neck and shoulders while she moaned with delight. "Piggy..." He pecked his way up to her cheek. "I love you," he murmured.

"I love you too," she whispered, and she kissed his neck and collar.

"Mm…" He squeezed her extra tight. "Can we sleep now?" he murmured.

"Yes," she whispered.

He slid down to his pillow, held fast to her, and kissed her tenderly. "Sleep well, dear," he murmured.

She lightly caressed his cheek. "Sweet dreams, Mon Capitan."

They shared a tender kiss, and Kermit then continued to gently kiss her neck many times.

She smiled. "I thought we were sleeping," she murmured.

He pried his lips away form her. "We are," he murmured. He settled down beside her and tightened his arms just a little more.

She fell asleep quickly, safe and snug in his arms.

He lay awake. He held her in his arms. He watched her sleep. He wondered.

His mind drifted back to the dance floor, back to how she had asked him to dance.

There had been a shadow of something in her voice to which he was not accustomed... and he wasn't sure what it was. Could it- could it possibly have been... pain?

No. No, no, no, no, NO! No… but what else could it have been?

He gazed at her, took a deep breath, and thought about it.

She loved him. So, when he was hurting... why wouldn’t she be in pain? ...It was logical, but... it felt so wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, WRONG! She... She shouldn't have pain.

But she did. She was in pain, because he was hurting. So, in a way... he... was hurting... her.

That was unacceptable.

...But how could it be helped?

He sighed.

He slid his hands up her back, pressed against her as close as he could, and lifted his head, twisting up slightly to kiss her cheek gingerly, tenderly, lovingly, many, many times.

The touch of a soft glove on his cheek made him pause, and he found himself looking into her beautiful, deep blue eyes.

She gazed at him for a moment, and then guided his lips to hers.

The kiss quickly grew incredibly passionate. She rolled him onto his back and pressed firmly against him, furiously working her mouth with his. When they both realized their lungs were aching with lack of oxygen, their lips broke apart and they collapsed, gasping for air.

When she caught her breath, Miss Piggy raised herself to look at him, thrilled to find that she was still in the safe harness of his arms. She looked straight into his eyes. "Next time you want to kiss me... wake me first," she growled. She pressed against him. "Moi would hate to miss it," she whispered.

He gave her a long, tender kiss, and they eased back against the bed. She kissed his neck, his cheek, his collar...

He rolled her onto her back and looked her over admiringly. "Ladies and gentlemen, the incredible Miss Piggy," he murmured under his breath, and he could feel her heart racing. He leaned in close to her. "You deserve so much better than-"

"DON'T!" She flipped and pinned him on his back, then slowly drew her finger up to his lips. "Don't..."

"Don't you deserve the best?" he murmured, tightening his arms.

She smiled. "Of course," she murmured. "That's why I have vous... Mon Capitan."

They locked into one final passionate kiss before they settled in and fell asleep for the night, with Kermit's arms still firmly wrapped around Miss Piggy.

Kermit woke up.

The Eyes.

The Eyes were big and brown and blank. The Eyes were struck with fear. The Eyes began to crystallize with a basic, dreaded understanding.

Deep breaths. Calm, deep breaths. Slowly, slowly... he pushed The Eyes away.

It was not until then that he felt the glove on the sensitive skin under his collar. ...Oh! Oh, of course. He was with Miss Piggy.

He nuzzled closer to her. "Morning," he mumbled.

"Good morning." She sighed happily. "And you're still holding me."

He kissed her cheek. "I promised, didn't I?"

theprawncracker

Reaction score
...Ahhh... Wow... That was... Well... Tres ushy gushy. Yes, that's a good way to put it.

More please.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
LOVED it!!! More good ushy gushy, but there's still this internal conflict that Kermit's got going on. Poor Kermit, thinking he's hurting Miss Piggy. But still, good stuff with them, must have more!

Leyla

Reaction score
I'm feeling lazy, and yet, this chapter needs Leyla love, so...

MSN review two...the revenge of VIM.

TogetherAgain said:
Kermit hummed to himself as he took his suit off, keeping an eye on the bathroom door. He knew she was tired, incredibly tired. He wondered what she might wear, and hoped he wouldn't have to wonder for long.
Okay, I didnt say anything on MSN about this, but...<grins> I DO so love him wondering, and his impatience too!

The bathroom door opened, and she appeared in comfy pajama pants and a matching shirt, looking like she was all ready asleep. She drifted towards the bed, ready to collapse.
Oh, isn't that painfully adorable. So unglamourous and everyday... Piggy's obviously become much more comfortable in her frog's presence. <feels good about that>

He took her hand and began to dance.

She whimpered slightly. "Tired," she mumbled.

"I know," he murmured. "Me too. But I like dancing with you."
Ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh!!!!!!! <melts> (de-capitalized for your sanity)
Oh, that is SO sweet, she's all tuckered out! Too tired even to really dance with him!!! And so is he, but there they are, dancing! YAY!!

He propped his head up with his hand. "Now then, Miss Piggy," he murmured as seriously as he could while stroking her cheek, "I believe I made you a promise."

Something surged inside of her.
<gasp> Oooooooh!!!!
SQUEEE!!! Isn't it wonderful, Piggy? He remembered his promise!
(Yes, I DO talk directly to the characters on a regular basis when she's writing. I don't know if that's a good sign for her writing, or a bad sign for mental half... probably a little of both.)

"I promised to hold you so tight... that you couldn't get away if you tried," he murmured, his voice growing dreamy.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! (shortened and decapitalized for your convenience) Ooh, I hope he has the energy for that! Not that I think she's gonna try.
"All night," she breathed.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!<spontaneously combusts>
(Lisa isn't good for my personal insurance, I can tell you that.)

"All night," he said. "So- in keeping with that promise..." He kissed her cheek. "Note how my arms are now wrapping around you..." His voice might have been explaining something for Sesame Street.
<giggles!!> Oh, I love it!! Like Sesame Street!! <giggles!> (There's something really charming about that... I can't really put my finger on it though.)

He pressed his lips to her skin intermittently. "And- if you'll notice- you- are not- going- anywhere." His lips crashed into hers for a long, passionate kiss.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, Kermit is so much FUN when he's all romantic!
<giggles> I'm trying to be verbal here, but it ain't easy.
(Okay, so I'm hopelessly ushy gushy. There can't be anyone left who doesn't know that already!)

She found herself gasping for breath. "How on earth... do you have... this much... energy?"
<giggles!!> And I see Piggy HAS noticed! Wow... that must have been some kiss...

He settled in and nuzzled against her. "Call it adrenaline," he murmured.
<giggles> <waggles eyebrows> Nice. (Isn't it sad that my eyebrows are more articulate than I am? Thank goodness I have them!)

Her breathing eventually returned to normal, and the room grew quiet.
<happy sigh> don't even think about letting go of her, frog.

She smiled. "You didn't have to stop," she whispered.
Yeah... that pig makes a good point.

He pretended to be agitated. "You know, you're not the only one who's tired..." But he hungrily kissed her neck and shoulders while she moaned with delight. "Piggy..." He pecked his way up to her cheek. "I love you," he murmured.
<spontaneously combusts... again> (Harry and I hang out on weekends.)

<griiiiiiiiiiiiins!!> Ooh, I love his playing with her like that, and ooh, saying he loves her, and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Kissing her neck and shoulders and pecking his way up to her cheek. Kermit has evidently gotten very good at the hunt and peck method while he was writing all those emails.
They shared a tender kiss, and Kermit then continued to gently kiss her neck many times.
Squeee! I love Kermit's neck fetish!!

She smiled. "I thought we were sleeping," she murmured.
<giggles> Boy, once they're married they're never gonna get anything done.

There had been a shadow of something in her voice to which he was not accustomed... and he wasn't sure what it was. Could it- could it possibly have been... pain?
Oh, Kermie... you've been hurting so much. Piggy loves you... of course she's been hurting too... her captain was wounded. (There's something positively wrenching about seeing Kermit in pain.)

No. No, no, no, no, NO! No… but what else could it have been?

He gazed at her, took a deep breath, and thought about it.
He's very brave, you know... right down to the core of his being... and I think that's a natural part of his character. He'll always be brave, in everything he does... he can't help himself. (Did I write that? Yeesh, it's practically coherent.)

She loved him. So, when he was hurting... why wouldn’t she be in pain? ...It was logical, but... it felt so wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, WRONG! She... She shouldn't have pain.
I love his desire to protect her from all pain... even his own, but now, of course, I'm worried that he'll try to shut her out.... that's not good for him, or even her. ( I worry a LOT during these sessions... and I am seldom proved foolishh doing it.)

But she did. She was in pain, because he was hurting. So, in a way... he... was hurting... her.

That was unacceptable.
(Ah, pulled a Leyla there, back before we started calling it that. Lovely) Oh, Kermie...if you protect her... she will SENSE that change... she'll know that you've shut her out... and she won't necessarily understand why... not good for your budding relationship either...

He slid his hands up her back, pressed against her as close as he could, and lifted his head, twisting up slightly to kiss her cheek gingerly, tenderly, lovingly, many, many times.
<sighs happily> I love that he seeks physical solace in her... he's kissing her, but it's comforting himself.

The touch of a soft glove on his cheek made him pause, and he found himself looking into her beautiful, deep blue eyes.
<grins!!!> Oh, of course that would wake her up!

The kiss quickly grew incredibly passionate. She rolled him onto his back and pressed firmly against him, furiously working her mouth with his. When they both realized their lungs were aching with lack of oxygen, their lips broke apart and they collapsed, gasping for air.
(Lisa probably wonders if she ever manages to catch me off guard, if she ever writes something I don't see coming.)
<GASP!> WOW! Didn't see that coming! (Question answered.)

(And for the next little while, I was pretty non verbal, making happy, high pitched squeaks mostly, and gushing at Lisa's ushing.)

He gave her a long, tender kiss, and they eased back against the bed. She kissed his neck, his cheek, his collar...
Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Kermie's turn to get get kissed! Kiss that worry right out of him, Piggy!

He rolled her onto her back and looked her over admiringly. "Ladies and gentlemen, the incredible Miss Piggy," he murmured under his breath, and he could feel her heart racing. He leaned in close to her. "You deserve so much better than-"
HAHAHA!!! YIPPEEE!!! He ANNOUNCED HER!! <giggles> (I can almost picture him raising her arm above their heads)
Ooh, her heart racing and GASP!!! Don't let him get away with saying that PIggy!!!<giggles again at the announcing> He's really spent way too much time doing that. (Can you tell I liked the announcement? But I would never cheer Piggy on.)

"DON'T!" She flipped and pinned him on his back, then slowly drew her finger up to his lips. "Don't..."
(Oooooooohh!!! <grins> Ooh, I love that effortless pinning... oh, and wow that slow drawing of her finger to his lips... Gooood Piggy. (Except... when I do.)

"Don't you deserve the best?" he murmured, tightening his arms.
HE'S THE ONLY ONE FOR HER... EVER! (pulled another Leyla. Gee, you remember when that surprised us, Lisa? :wink:)

She smiled. "Of course," she murmured. "That's why I have vous... Mon Capitan."
He's the love of her life... the calandar said so. (You can't fault my relentless logic.)

They locked into one final passionate kiss before they settled in and fell asleep for the night, with Kermit's arms still firmly wrapped around Miss Piggy.
Oh, good, good, good frog... though somehow I don't think Kermit is entirely at ease with Piggy's pain. (Oh, if I knew then what I know now.)

Kermit woke up.

The Eyes.
<edit>

It was not until then that he felt the glove on the sensitive skin under his collar. ...Oh! Oh, of course. He was with Miss Piggy.

He nuzzled closer to her. "Morning," he mumbled.

"Good morning." She sighed happily. "And you're still holding me."

He kissed her cheek. "I promised, didn't I?"
<shakes head> See... what's so AMAZING about this, is that Piggy has no clue what he was going through just then... not the faintest idea at that terrible every morning struggle he has. Oh, that's so painful. And he... kept his promise... despite the Eyes... <shudders> I love him; I respect him, and I am aching for his healing.

Such a long road ahead of him...