A Heart of Gold

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*groggily glares at other half* Of ALL the times to post a new chapter... And one that I promised to review too... *rolls eyes* Here I go...

I am way too tired to give quote names... said:
"Kermie?" Miss Piggy said quietly.

"Hm?"

"Would you mind too terribly if moi went shopping while you and Bob... um, catch up?"
BOB!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! *bounces*

Yet I do it anyway... Dang irresistible half... said:
He turned to marvel at her. "That would be fine," he smiled.
Marvel... Love it.

And I'm quoting every other paragraph... Dang irresistible story... said:
The door opened. "Frog! Good to see you!"
Have I mentioned yet that I love that he calls him "Frog"? Cause I do.

Hey! I skipped a paragraph! Woot! said:
The two former Marines pulled into a brief but warm hug before Bob turned his smiling face to the pig. "Miss Piggy..." He shook her hand.
Brief but warm hug, very, very nice. I can see it vividly.

Two! Two paragraphs! Ah ah ah! said:
A curly-haired woman in a pink floral apron pulled a tray of something hot out of the oven and straightened up with a smile. "Oh, hello!" she said. "You're the one who saved Bobby's life?"
Already I love this woman. She's amazing, just in her entrance. Reminds me of a certain pig I know...

*thunder* said:
She was getting to be an older woman, with strands of gray hair sprinkled through mostly dark curls. Her face was weathered, for she had been through a great deal in her life, yet she was bright and chipper. Whatever pain had filled her once had now been wiped away.
I. Love. This. Woman.

*lightning* said:
Kermit shook his hand. "I- I was just doing what anyone would've done, Ma'am," he said quietly.
*nods* Yes, but YOU'RE Kermit the Frog. THE FROG!! EEEEEEEE!!!

*headslap* said:
Ms. Geraldson turned and raised her eyebrows at her. She nodded towards Kermit. "You gotta give him lessons on how to be proud of himself, because you've got it down pat," she said.

Miss Piggy smiled. "Years of practice," she said simply.
I. Love. These. Women.

*blink* said:
Ms. Geraldson turned the faucet off and glanced at her son. "That, and you know where your sweetie is," she muttered. She dried her hands and gestured for Miss Piggy to stand beside her at the counter. "I worry about my Bobby sometimes," she murmured in a business type of fashion. "When your Frog came home, was he real quiet-like?"
*nods* *shudder* He so was... He... He so was...

C'mon said:
Ms. Geraldson nodded. "Same with Bobby," she murmured. "I just wasn't sure... Bobby and I didn't leave off on the greatest terms," she said. "Partly my own fault, but..." She shook her head. "Bobby wasn't drafted," she explained. "He wanted to leave. And Lordy, I'm glad he's home."
First off, wow. Second, wow. Third, she said "Lordy". I. Love. That. Woman.

I mean said:
"We've gotta take care of our boys, Miss Piggy," Ms. Geraldson said. She set the pie aside. "They go off and fight for what they fight for, and forget to take care of what's inside of them. And I don't mean intestines and stuff, I don't even mean their stomachs, though Lordy knows they forget that too sometimes." She studiously smoothed her apron. "Sometimes when a boy goes to fight, he has to forget about his own mortal emotions, and how they'll hold on to him when he comes home." She looked into Miss Piggy's eyes. "You take care of your frog?"
This woman is amazing. She is so, so, SO cool. ...And she says "Lordy".

And her husband/fiance/brother said:
"Yes," Miss Piggy said firmly.
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHA!!!

Among other things I'm still not sure of. said:
"That's where we come in," Ms. Geraldson said as she reached up to a cabinet and pulled out a few plates. "We've got to take care of them however we can." She set the pie on top of the stack of plates. "All I can do is cook. And with these darned rations, I can hardly do that even." She dropped her serious tone and carried the plates and pie to the table. "Who's hungry?"
This woman rules this world and blows my mind.

Yet. said:
"You know, I'm still not even sure it's true sometimes. It just seems like something out of a movie."
This WOULD make a great movie, wouldn't it! And it would prolly be the first Muppet movie with a PG-13 rating!

I'm confusing myself now. said:
"Did you catch Tangent yesterday?"
With that tongue? No way.

Oh said:
"Kermit the Frog. Magnus got him talking about the war."
Oh ho ho! What's all this then?

Nevermind then. said:
"Wait, that was Kermit they pretended to quote?"
...Oh my dear Jim in heaven...

But I can't nevermind... said:
"Jeez. They must've really butchered it, then..."
Never say butcher in a story involving Miss Piggy.

I have one and a half minds. said:
"I can't stand it sometimes," Kermit said quietly.
Then sit down. Ahhh! Wocka! Wocka!

Well said:
"It feels like we still owe them something," Kermit agreed.
*stabbity stab stab*

*shrug* We try not to debate about the math. said:
"And we're stuck lounging around here doing nothing." Bob struck the railing again. His eyes grew distant and his face grew quiet as he gazed at the Statue of Liberty. "Frog, what's it say on it?" he said in a hushed voice. "Give me your tired, your poor..."
AHHHHHHH!!!!!

Imagine how hard it is when we try to high five... said:
"Your huddled masses yearning to be free," Kermit whispered.
*salutes* Pfc. Kermit the Frog. I see it now.

Not even a calculator helps us there... said:
Bob leaned over and set his elbows on the railing. "I wanted to tell you in person," he said quietly. "I'm sick of sitting here feeling like a failed attempt at a civilian life." He took a deep breath. "I'm going back."
He's going to go back there... Someday... *deep breath*

We almost took it to NASA said:
Bob rubbed his fingers. "Yeah," he whispered. "I don't think it's quite sunk in yet, though. I promised to write her this time..."
You better.

I mean said:
"It'll be different this time," Bob said. "I mean, me and her- we get along now, y'know? I mean, she's just sort of always there."

"Yeah," Kermit said. "It's good to have people like that."
...*closes eyes* ...*glomps Lisa*

I... I really can't quote anymore... But I'm thrilled they're going to see Craig. That's a very good thing. And you're amazing. And you deserve glomps, hugs, penguins, whatever. Love ya Lisa. ((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

More please.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Yeah said:
And you deserve glomps, hugs, penguins, whatever.
Whatever? I deserve Gonzo? No no no, Prawnie, he's YOUR roomie. I deserve Robin. :stick_out_tongue:

MAJOR GLOMPAGE TO MY PRAWNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Leyla said:
YAY!!!!!

Yay for the Magnus interview!!
Yay for Bob's mommy!
Yay for the women bonding!

<whimpers for Bob>

<is touched by the statue of Liberty>

<is too tired to be coherent>

but... YAY
I agree with everything Layla said, and more.

She was getting to be an older woman, with strands of gray hair sprinkled through mostly dark curls.
This was a GREAT line. I mean, there were LOADS of GREAT lines, but THIS line was REALLY great.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the new chapter Lisa. Rully liked this one, visiting the Geraldson family home.

One little thing though.
When Ms. Geraldson took her hand out of an oven mitt to shake Mit's...
"Kermit shook his hand."
"His" hand? Whoa, unless there's some sort of gender bender happening there that turned Ms. Geraldson into Mr. Geraldson for a single instant, me thinks that was a typo.

Anyway, kidding aside... Post more please!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh Bob.....

Nice to see his mom and Miss Piggy talking.

The people talking by the Statue of Liberty.

Kermit and Bob together.

And then Bob.....going back.....

Sigh.

Wonderful chapter, must have more please.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Chapter Thirty-Five

When they got back to the hotel room, Miss Piggy immediately plucked a few things out of her suitcase and went into the bathroom. "I'll be out eventually!" she smiled at him as she closed the door.

He grinned, went straight to the phone, and dialed.

One ring. Two rings. Three rings. "Hello, Muppet Boarding House!"

"Hi-ho, Scooter?"

"Oh, hi Boss!"

"How's things going over there?"

"Oh, just the usual. We need a couple new windows, though."

"...I see. I won't ask."

"Wise choice," Scooter said. "So, you getting ready to come home?"

"Well, not quite yet," Kermit said. "We're taking a little detour to Memphis on the way home."

"Memphis? What's in Memphis?"

"Who’s in Memphis," Kermit corrected. "We're going to see Craig."

"Oh, okay," Scooter said. "We'll see you sometime AFTER tomorrow, then."

"Well, you would've anyway; the train's only so fast," Kermit pointed out.

"Well that's true. I forgot about that," Scooter said. "And you have to pick up Robin, too."

"Yup." Kermit watched the bathroom door and lowered his voice. "Scooter?" he said. "Did you get it?"

Scooter hesitated. "Is she there?"

"She's in the bathroom."

"I got it."

"Good."

"It's-"

"Don't tell me yet. Tell me when I get back."

"Are you sure, Boss? I thought you might wanna buy it there."

"I thought about it, but it's too risky," Kermit said. "She might see it. Did you put it back?"

"Of course."

"Exactly how you found it?"

"Exactly how I found it, Boss. She won't notice a thing."

"You're sure?"

"I'm POSITIVE, Boss! Geez, I'm not reckless..."

Kermit hesitated. "Scooter?" he said. "I don't think that can truly be said of anyone who lives in our house."

Scooter chuckled. "Have you figured out how you're gonna give it to her yet?" he asked.

"Not ye-"

The bathroom door opened.

"Uh- We'll be home in a few more days, Scooter! Yeah, we're just going to Memphis first."

Miss Piggy scurried out of the bathroom and set something in her suitcase. "Not out yet! Forgot something!" she trilled.

"She's in the room?" Scooter asked quietly.

"Yeah."

Miss Piggy slid something out of her suitcase. "Who is that? Scooter? Say hi for moi!" She turned towards the bathroom door again.

"I will Honey," he said quickly. "She says hi, Scooter."

"Well I say to get out of the room, but tell her I say hi."

"He says hi," Kermit said.

She had perked up at the word "honey," and she eyed him suspiciously. "Kermie," she said, "What do vous have up your sleeve?"

"Nothing, Piggy," he said, forcing a smile. "I'm not wearing sleeves!" He held his arm out to prove it.

"Nice cover," Scooter muttered.

She tilted her head slightly, considered him, and shook her head. "I'll figure it out somehow!" she trilled, and she vanished back into the bathroom.

"That's what I'm afraid of," Kermit mumbled under his breath. He watched the closed door. "Scooter, I'd better go before we get caught. I still have to call the swamp, anyway."

"Be careful, Chief," Scooter warned. "Better get her mind off it."

"Oh, I think I can manage," Kermit said with a smirk that Scooter wished he hadn't heard.

Scooter sighed. "See you soon, Boss."

"Bye Scooter!"

Kermit hung up, called his mother's old office, and left a message explaining. She didn't work much anymore, but she did come in to check her messages. Then he sat on the bed with the suitcases and twiddled his thumbs, watching the bathroom door.

He would have to explain why they were going to Memphis. She knew they needed to talk to Craig, but now he would have to tell her why.

And he would have to tell her how he felt about it.

That was the part that worried him, not for his own sake, but for hers. She was all ready hurting. If she knew the way he really felt about it... He shook his head. He had lots of feelings about it. He could tell her all but one... But that would feel like lying, and that wouldn't be right. But how could he tell her that?

He smiled. "Are you really out now?" he asked hopefully.

She poked her head out and smiled. "Yes," she said peacefully. "I'm really out now."

"Oh good," he said quietly.

She stepped out of the bathroom. She was wearing another comfy pajama outfit, but this time the shirt was sleeveless and the pants were shorts instead. He decided he liked her comfy pajama outfits. They were nice to snuggle up with, and the fabric was just as soft as her skin, except that her skin was a smooth kind of soft and the fabric was a fuzzy kind of soft.

She smiled at him. "I want to show you something," she whispered. She turned off the lights and approached him.

"You know most people leave the lights on when they want someone else to see something," he teased.

"I know," she said. She took his hand, led him to the window, and pulled back the curtains. "Look," she whispered.

He looked.

From this high up, they could see a maze of street lights and headlights and traffic signals, the quiet glow of lights in many windows, the empty softness of darkened windows, the silhouettes of buildings and cars and people, street venders and musicians and office workers and police officers and bums and men and women and children and young adults, people who wandered from nightclub to nightclub, bar to bar, corner to corner, church to church, home to work, work to home, place to place, day to day, night to night.

He softly gripped her hand and let her arms surround him.

In the distance, one light was shining on one American flag, waving proudly from the front of a building.

"Thank you," he whispered.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
OH! That conversation between Kermit and Scooter!!!! Oh I am on the edge of my seat in anticipation of where that's going! Ooh, but he's got to tell Piggy about their detour and then he has to go there....so much to come, I want to read it all! I'd say more but it's the end of the day so I get to go home now! I owe you a detailed review as I don't think I've done one for this story yet and I promise, it's coming eventually! :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Whooo! New chapter! New excitment!

TogetherAgain said:
"I'll be out eventually!" she smiled at him as she closed the door.
Yup...it's Miss Piggy.

One ring. Two rings. Three rings.
Oh, leave me wondering who he's ringing why don't you...!

"Hello, Muppet Boarding House!"
*grins!!!!!!!!!!!* It's THERE!

"Oh, just the usual. We need a couple new windows, though."

"...I see. I won't ask."
Very wise choice...

"Wise choice," Scooter said.
I am psychic!

"Memphis? What's in Memphis?"

"Who’s in Memphis."
I love those! Neat-o!

"Oh, okay," Scooter said. "We'll see you sometime AFTER tomorrow, then."

"Well, you would've anyway; the train's only so fast."
*is reminded of To-morrow song*

"Scooter?" he said. "Did you get it?"
*stares*

Scooter hesitated. "Is she there?"
*stares*

"She's in the bathroom."

"I got it."

"Good."

"It's-"
What IS it!

"Don't tell me yet. Tell me when I get back."
Nooooooo! I wanna know NOW!

"Geez, I'm not reckless..."

Kermit hesitated. "Scooter?" he said. "I don't think that can truly be said of anyone who lives in our house."
*giggles*

She had perked up at the word "honey," and she eyed him suspiciously. "Kermie," she said, "What do vous have up your sleeve?"
Oh she knows him too well! As do you, writer Toga.

"I'm not wearing sleeves!" He held his arm out to prove it.
*HUGE GRIN*
"Oh, I think I can manage," Kermit said with a smirk that Scooter wished he hadn't heard.
*giGGles!*

Kermit hung up, called his mother's old office...
I wonder where she works...

And he would have to tell her how he felt about it.
*hugs Kermie*

No more time to think...

"You know most people leave the lights on when they want someone else to see something," he teased.
*giggle/stares*

...pulled back the curtains. "Look," she whispered.
*gasp*

He looked.
SHORT SENTENCE!

From this high up, they could see a maze of street lights and headlights and traffic signals, the quiet glow of lights in many windows, the empty softness of darkened windows, the silhouettes of buildings and cars and people, street venders and musicians and office workers and police officers and bums and men and women and children and young adults, people who wandered from nightclub to nightclub, bar to bar, corner to corner, church to church, home to work, work to home, place to place, day to day, night to night.
Oh my gosh...

People...

Peoples is peoples...
In the distance, one light was shining on one American flag, waving proudly from the front of a building.
*so near crying right now*

"Thank you," he whispered.
AND smiling...crying and smiling close to...wow...that was AMAZING...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Lisa... Again, thanks for the new chapter. Funny little bursts between Scooter and Kermit during their conversation. Rully liked it. But the sheer awe-inspiring tranquility at the end of the chapter... Truly greatishness.

Now if you could get that half/fiancee/husband of yours to post more of Don't Trip The Driver, things would be much better with the world of fanficdom for the time being.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! *looks at time* That's all for now! *darts off*