A Heart of Gold

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Aye, a very long road, and it keeps getting longer, doesn't it, Leyla? For those of you who are not on MSN and don't get my random announcements of how many pages long this story is- um, that would probably be most of you, wouldn't it-"A Heart of Gold" is currently 202 pages long, in its fifty-first chapter, and nowhere near completion. Which is good, because if it ended any time soon, Leyla would throttle me. Heck, I'm surprised she hasn't yet! But NO! She doesn't throttle me. She gives me huge, wonderful, hilarious, incredible, FANTASTICABULOUS reviews like the one just above this! THANK YOU LEYLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <Glomp>

Edit: I'm in a posting sort of mood. I think it would be fitting for post #202 in this thread to be story, when it's currently 202 pages long. Muffins to anyone who recognizes the host, and bonus bagels to anyone who can tell me where I used him before.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Layla may not throttle you... But others might. Um, do those twenty extra chapters contain as much ushgush as the previous four or so?
Just asking, to be on alert you know... For silent reading and reviewing when there's something, um, grander? Yeah, that's it.
Anyway, hopefully more story will get posted in her other fanfic threads...

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Chapter Thirty-Three

A warm gloved hand wrapped around his. "Kermie?" she whispered softly. "We can still tell them not to talk about the war."

He gulped, looking out at the waiting studio audience. "I can't run from it forever, Piggy," he whispered.

"But you don't have to face it today," she whispered.

The host was introducing them.

"Too late now." He took a deep breath. "Ready?"

She tossed her hair back. "Always."

He smiled at her and shook his head. "Silly question..."

"Ladies and gentlemen, Kermit the Frog and MISS PIGGY!"

They held hands as they entered the stage, smiling, waving, and acknowledging the cheers before greeting the host and taking their seats.

"Miss Piggy, it's wonderful to see you again," the host said.

"Oh thank vous, Magnus," she said graciously.

"You look lovely," Magnus said.

"Well." She smiled. "Naturally."

Magnus turned to the frog. "Kermit!" he said happily. "It's been ages!"

Kermit smiled. "Yeah, yeah, it- it has been a while," he said.

"Well it's great to have you back. We're glad you're home safe," Magnus said. "Now listen, Kermit- we'll get to the show in a minute, but what I, and I’m sure everyone else, is really interested about, is- what do you think about the war."

Kermit subtly squeezed Miss Piggy's hand.

"Now just- just so we're on the same page here," Magnus said, his hands waving slightly, "You were drafted, you served ten months, and came home with a Purple Heart. Right?"

"Um, yes," Kermit said.

"So what'd you get the Purple Heart for?" Magnus asked.

Miss Piggy moved closer to Kermit.

Kermit shifted his weight. "I uh- I was shot in the shoulder."

"Really?" Magnus said. "So, moving on a little, do you support the war?"

Kermit took a deep breath. "Yes, I support the war," he heard himself say.

"Now, you know support has been plummeting-"

"Well that's because the press doesn't tell the whole story." The words burst out of Kermit's mouth before he could stop them. He felt a warm glove align with his arm. He turned and met Miss Piggy's beautiful, supportive eyes, glad that he could hand off the attention to her if need be.

"Doesn't tell the whole story?" Magnus repeated skeptically. "Tell me, Kermit. What more of the story, as you call it, could possibly justify the slaughter of so many children?"

Kermit straightened up, pulled one arm in towards his gut, and stared at Magnus. "Well I can see where you stand," he whispered.

Magnus straightened and raised his hands. "I'm just- um- just- playing Devil's advocate, Kermit," he stumbled.

"Right," Kermit said skeptically.

Miss Piggy shifted her hand to Kermit's shoulder and wrapped her other hand around his.

"I mean, you like kids," Magnus said.

"Of course," Kermit said.

"And they are being used as soldiers," Magnus pressed. Miss Piggy glared at him hotly.

"But not by us," Kermit said pointedly.

"Well no. But we are fighting them," Magnus said. "You can't deny that our soldiers are killing children-"

Kermit grasped Miss Piggy's hand with both of his and tried to force The Eyes away.

"It's such a gruesome topic; can't we move on?" Miss Piggy said, not really asking. "Magnus, vous are not married, correct?"

"Correct," Magnus said, shifting his focus and brightening his face. "Yes, Miss Piggy, I am not married. Are you?" He smiled.

"Not yet," Miss Piggy smiled, running a finger down Kermit's arm significantly. He squirmed slightly. He could no longer see The Eyes, but The Eyes could see him.

"Engaged?" Magnus raised his eyebrows.

"Not yet," Miss Piggy said. Kermit shifted his weight.

"I see," Magnus said. "And uh- any plans for it?"

"Not yet!" Kermit said hastily.

A few people laughed. Miss Piggy sighed. "And what about vous, Magnus?" she asked lazily. She straightened up to flaunt a little. "Anyone... significant of the opposite gender in your life?"

Kermit frowned.

Magnus straightened his tie. "Not at the moment," he winked.

Miss Piggy smiled. "I can see why," she said smugly.

The audience quickly pointed out the insult.

Kermit looked at her and slowly began to smile.

Magnus settled back into his chair and self-consciously touched his nose, which he had always thought was too big. "Moving on," he mumbled.

"Oh that's okay," Kermit grinned, "I kinda like that topic." A few people laughed.

Magnus perked up. "Well then, let's discuss that topic," he said. "How are you two doing?"

"Oh well not that topic," Kermit backpedaled to a few chuckles.

"I noticed, Miss Piggy said absently. Kermit looked at her. Their hands tightened simultaneously, and all was well between them.

"Now you two were apart for a long time," Magnus said, as oblivious to the small exchange between the frog and pig as everyone else was.

"Too long," Miss Piggy agreed.

"Now did that put any strain on your relationship at all?" Magnus asked.

Kermit shrugged and wondered why his face felt warm.

Miss Piggy smiled and sighed. "Silly Magnus," she said. "Allow moi to tell vous something that my agent's friend's assistant's girlfriend said. Distance is to relationships as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the weak and strengthens the strong."

Kermit smiled at her and quietly squeezed her hand.

Magnus raised his eyebrows. "And that means...?"

Miss Piggy eyed him coolly. "It means that moi and Mon Capitan are closer than ever," she said with a quiet dreaminess.

Kermit squirmed, embarrassed.

"Oh, I see," Magnus said. "And uh- this closeness that you have now- has it brought any increase in, um... intimacy?"

"A lady does not speak of such things," Miss Piggy said evenly. "And a gentleman doesn't ask," she growled.

"Oh, I never said I was a gentleman," Magnus said with a grin. He turned to Kermit. "Um- such things?"

Kermit scrunched his face up. "So about the show," he said. "I'm pretty sure that’s what we came here to talk about..."

"Right, right, the show. Sorry about that," Magnus said. "Oh, and um, speaking of this show, it looks like it's time for a commercial break! So we'll be right back with more of Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy, talking about their show, I promise, right here on The Magnus Tangent Show!"

During the commercial break, Magnus apologized profusely.

"I always try to talk about one thing, and end up forcing people into some other direction," he sighed. "I really didn't mean to get so personal..."

"Well don't get personal again!" Miss Piggy snapped.

"I won't," he promised. "I'm- I'm so sorry..." He looked as if he had just walked into the wrong bathroom by mistake.

Kermit felt a little sympathy. "Um- listen, don't worry about it," he mumbled. "No harm done, see?"

From the look on Miss Piggy's face, she didn't agree with that, but she kept quiet. Magnus awkwardly fiddled with his hands, Kermit shifted his weight, and they were all very quiet until the break was over.

When the show resumed, the mood changed entirely.

"So tell us about your show," Magnus said simply.

"Oh, well the show's great!" Kermit said. He talked about everything- the cast and crew, the costumes, the theater, the guest stars, the troubles, and the triumphs. He was quick to make sure Miss Piggy shared her opinions and to sneak in a couple jokes. He kept trying to sit up straighter and straighter, and his smile kept growing.

Magnus smiled. "You're really passionate about it, aren't you?" he asked.

"Oh absolutely! I mean it's hard not to be!" Kermit said.

"So do you typically get good audiences?"

It was then that the magic ignited in Kermit's eyes. "Well it varies from week to week, you know? Like I'm sure it does here, too, but sometimes- sometimes they really seem to enjoy the acts, and sometimes they very vocally do not enjoy the acts, and sometimes that has more to do with the act than the audience, you know? But uh- but I'd like to think that everyone leaves the theater a little happier than they were when they came in. Even if it's only because it's finally over and they don't have to look at us again until the next week."

"I'm sure everyone does, Kermit," Magnus grinned.

Miss Piggy was beaming at her frog's side. This was how she loved to see him- talking about his dream- their dream- and so utterly alive with it. Mon Capitan, she thought happily. Mon Capitan... Vous are shining so perfectly... let me share your light? She leaned closer to him. "When is it my turn to talk?" she asked simply.

"I'm trying!" Kermit grinned at her. He tried to be apologetic, because he knew she deserved the spotlight, but the magic in his eyes refused to stop dancing.

"All right, Miss Piggy, it's your turn to talk," Magnus grinned. "What do you think about the audiences?"

"They're fantastic," Kermit murmured under his breath, but he turned his attention to Miss Piggy.

She straightened up. "Well," she said slowly, "I think they would be happier if they saw a little more of- moi!"

Kermit bit his tongue- lightly- smiled, and turned to Magnus. "She's always looking for more stage time," he said.

"I deserve it," she said archly.

"I know," he said simply.

The interview flew by from there, and everyone laughed all the way through it. But Miss Piggy still had a little steam when she and Kermit made their way backstage again.

She muttered under her breath. "If he thinks that apology cut it-"

"Piggy," Kermit pleaded softly.

She turned to him stiffly. "He didn't have to talk so much about the war!" she hissed.

Kermit paused slightly to regain his balance. That hadn't been what he had expected her to be upset about. He gently took her hands. "Piggy," he said softly. "He didn't know."

She looked down at her feet and sighed, frustrated. "He should've stopped," she whispered.

"You stopped him," he said quietly. He smiled and wrapped an arm around her. "You're magnificent, you know." He kissed her cheek. "Thank you."

She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him protectively.

"Aw, Piggy..." He wiggled to loosen her arms a bit. "I don't get to look at your beautiful face when you hold me that tight," he said. He grinned and stretched up to whisper in her ear. "And you said yourself, the audiences would be happier if they saw more of you..."

She grinned and released him, smiling brightly into his eyes.

"That's better," he smiled. "You know sometimes I think I could just look at you forever..." He wrapped his arm around her waist. "And then I run into something and realize I should be looking where I'm going."

With that, he guided her to her dressing room and disappeared into his own.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Wow....such beauty, Lisa. I commend you on this glorious chapter of lovelyness.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh that Magnus! I could just picture him and I just wanted to reach over and strangle him a little. But kudos to Kermit and Piggy for staying poised and getting throught it and turning the interview around to what it was supposed to be. Certainly a tough road ahead for Kermit if he had to continue to face ignorant fools like that! Oh well. Very well written dear Lisa, cannot wait to read more.

Beauregard

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Chapter Thirty-Three
Wow...are we on Chapter Thirty-Three already? And, by the way, I loved chapters Thirty-One and Thirty-Two...Thirty-Two was sooooo ushy delightful.

A warm gloved hand wrapped around his.
There is something about Piggy's gloves that make them...so perfect for holding hands with...I wonder if she knows that?

"Kermie?" she whispered softly. "We can still tell them not to talk about the war."
So many people see her as the glamour girl, the pushy, snitty, big-eyed star...so few can make her caring side appear so naturally as vous.

"I can't run from it forever..."

"But you don't have to face it today."
A good policy...but maybe he has to face it...maybe he does...

"Ready?"

She tossed her hair back. "Always."
And there she is, the diva inside.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Kermit the Frog and MISS PIGGY!"
See? Even the presenter knows it, and capitalised her NAME!!!!!

They held hands as they entered the stage, smiling, waving, and acknowledging the cheers...
*GRINS HARD*

"Miss Piggy, it's wonderful to see you again," the host said.
I wish I could say that...

Magnus turned to the frog. "Kermit!" he said happily. "It's been ages!"
Well, there's an understatment.

Kermit smiled. "Yeah, yeah, it- it has been a while," he said.
I just noticed yesterday that kermit tends to repeate words when he's nervious...and here you are doing just that.

"...I’m sure everyone else, is really interested about, is- what do you think about the war."
Oh you just HAD to cut RIGHT to the chase! *hates Magnus*

Kermit subtly squeezed Miss Piggy's hand.
*LOVES Piggy and kermie together*

Miss Piggy moved closer to Kermit.
*LOOOOOOOVES PIGGY*

"Yes, I support the war," he heard himself say.
He heard himself say...I always love when people use that expression...fits perfectly here.

He felt a warm glove align with his arm.
She is VERY good at what she does.

"I mean, you like kids," Magnus said.

"Of course," Kermit said.

"And they are being used as soldiers," Magnus pressed. Miss Piggy glared at him hotly.

"But not by us," Kermit said pointedly.
*just dies* Oh Magnus SHUT YOUR TRAP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!

Kermie! KERMIE!

...tried to force The Eyes away.
I feared they were coming. I feared them.

"Magnus, vous are not married, correct?"

"Correct," Magnus said, shifting his focus and brightening his face. "Yes, Miss Piggy, I am not married. Are you?" He smiled.

"Not yet," Miss Piggy smiled, running a finger down Kermit's arm significantly.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeemmmmhmmm!

He could no longer see The Eyes, but The Eyes could see him.
*is saddened*

"Engaged?" Magnus raised his eyebrows.

"Not yet," Miss Piggy said.
*giggles*

"Anyone... significant of the opposite gender in your life?"
*GIGGLES!* That'll teach him to play games with HER frog!

"Not at the moment," he winked.

Miss Piggy smiled. "I can see why," she said smugly.
HA! YOUR FACE!

The audience quickly pointed out the insult.
Nice turn of phrase here, "pointed out the insult" rather than "Laughed" or "Tittered." Fabulous.

"Oh well not that topic," Kermit backpedaled to a few chuckles.
He is SO adorable!

"I noticed, Miss Piggy said absently. Kermit looked at her. Their hands tightened simultaneously, and all was well between them.
And SO is she.

"Right, right, the show. Sorry about that," Magnus said. "Oh, and um, speaking of this show, it looks like it's time for a commercial break!"
YOUR FACE MAGNUS! YOUR FACE!

He looked as if he had just walked into the wrong bathroom by mistake.
I know the feeling...well, no, I...er...*finds somewhere else to look*

When the show resumed, the mood changed entirely.

"So tell us about your show," Magnus said simply.
FAN-TAS-TIC!

Magnus smiled. "You're really passionate about it, aren't you?" he asked.
You noticed???

"Oh absolutely!"
Hey, that's actually a specific word I have heard Kermit use. Brillient.

"When is it my turn to talk?" she asked simply.
Careing...and still SO Piggy.

"You're magnificent, you know."
Yes, she is.

"You know sometimes I think I could just look at you forever..." He wrapped his arm around her waist. "And then I run into something and realize I should be looking where I'm going."
*giggles* *dies*

With that, he guided her to her dressing room and disappeared into his own.
The first time, I read that wrong. But let's not go there, shall we?

Another amazing addiciton to the story, Lisa. I'm sooo loving it!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
YAY! Glad you folks like it!

No guesses on where Magnus is from? <Checks watch> Revealing the secret in five, four, three, two...

Magnus was not originally in an actual STORY, which may have thrown some people off. He first appeared in the "Chasing Robin" thread, admidst many posts of commentary, promoting the then-un-posted-thread of "Summer in the Theater." He was something of a thorn in our frog's side then, too. Want to see it? Click this link here: http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=296825&postcount=272

theprawncracker

Reaction score
WHOOOOO!!! I LOVED that! It was so cool!! I love when you write interviews!! *glomp* Very awesome! And I claim the next chapter for a detailed review!!

MORE PLEASE!!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Chapter Thirty-Four

The next day, Kermit and Miss Piggy stood in front of the door to apartment number 613 of one of the less-expensive buildings in New York City. "Well," Kermit said. "I guess this is the place." He knocked on the door.

"Kermie?" Miss Piggy said quietly.

"Hm?"

"Would you mind too terribly if moi went shopping while you and Bob... um, catch up?"

He turned to marvel at her. "That would be fine," he smiled.

The door opened. "Frog! Good to see you!"

"Hey Geraldson!"

The two former Marines pulled into a brief but warm hug before Bob turned his smiling face to the pig. "Miss Piggy..." He shook her hand.

"Hello Bob," she smiled at him.

"Come on in, come on in!" Bob warmly ushered them into the apartment. "Glad you could stop by! MOM!" he called out, and he led them into the kitchen. "Mom, this is Pfc. Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy. I've mentioned them..."

A curly-haired woman in a pink floral apron pulled a tray of something hot out of the oven and straightened up with a smile. "Oh, hello!" she said. "You're the one who saved Bobby's life?"

She was getting to be an older woman, with strands of gray hair sprinkled through mostly dark curls. Her face was weathered, for she had been through a great deal in her life, yet she was bright and chipper. Whatever pain had filled her once had now been wiped away.

Kermit squirmed modestly. "Well, I, uh-"

"That's him!" Bob said.

Ms. Geraldson pulled her hand out of an oven mitt and reached across a small counter to shake Kermit's hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. the Frog," she said, "And I can't thank you enough."

Kermit shook his hand. "I- I was just doing what anyone would've done, Ma'am," he said quietly.

She waved it off. "That's what they teach you to say. Go on and be proud of yourself!" She turned her attention to the hot thing she had pulled out of the oven, which happened to be a small pie. "And you, Miss Piggy!" she said. "I understand you're the lucky lady who gets to hang on this frog's arm!"

"Mm-hm," Miss Piggy said.

Ms. Geraldson turned and raised her eyebrows at her. She nodded towards Kermit. "You gotta give him lessons on how to be proud of himself, because you've got it down pat," she said.

Miss Piggy smiled. "Years of practice," she said simply.

"I should imagine so," Ms. Geraldson said. "You're about what I wanted to grow up to be when I was about..." She licked her fingers and held her hand at her hip's height. "Yay high? Then this thing came into the picture, maybe you've heard of it, it's called money..." She turned the sink on and scrubbed at her hands. "So yeah, I'd say you got a lot to be proud of."

Kermit and Bob had shifted towards the kitchen table and were pouring over the newspaper- everything but the front page- and mumbling to each other about what was there, paying very little mind to the women.

Ms. Geraldson turned the faucet off and glanced at her son. "That, and you know where your sweetie is," she muttered. She dried her hands and gestured for Miss Piggy to stand beside her at the counter. "I worry about my Bobby sometimes," she murmured in a business type of fashion. "When your Frog came home, was he real quiet-like?"

Miss Piggy looked over her shoulder at Kermit. She turned and watched Ms. Geraldson's hands cut the pie into perfect slices. "He wasn't himself for a long time," she said quietly. "Sometimes he still isn't." She wasn't sure why she trusted Ms. Geraldson so much and so quickly, but the woman had an honesty about her that could not be doubted.

Ms. Geraldson nodded. "Same with Bobby," she murmured. "I just wasn't sure... Bobby and I didn't leave off on the greatest terms," she said. "Partly my own fault, but..." She shook her head. "Bobby wasn't drafted," she explained. "He wanted to leave. And Lordy, I'm glad he's home."

Miss Piggy turned and looked over her shoulder. Bob was imitating a sports announcer, reading an article about the art of cooking a turkey. Kermit was laughing and shaking his head. She turned again and re-assessed the weathering in Ms. Geraldson's face.

"We've gotta take care of our boys, Miss Piggy," Ms. Geraldson said. She set the pie aside. "They go off and fight for what they fight for, and forget to take care of what's inside of them. And I don't mean intestines and stuff, I don't even mean their stomachs, though Lordy knows they forget that too sometimes." She studiously smoothed her apron. "Sometimes when a boy goes to fight, he has to forget about his own mortal emotions, and how they'll hold on to him when he comes home." She looked into Miss Piggy's eyes. "You take care of your frog?"

"Yes," Miss Piggy said firmly.

"Good," Ms. Geraldson said, just as firmly. Her eyes grew distant and wandered towards Bob. "Hurts to see them down, don't it?"

Miss Piggy turned and let her eyes rest on Kermit. "More than anything," she whispered.

"That's where we come in," Ms. Geraldson said as she reached up to a cabinet and pulled out a few plates. "We've got to take care of them however we can." She set the pie on top of the stack of plates. "All I can do is cook. And with these darned rations, I can hardly do that even." She dropped her serious tone and carried the plates and pie to the table. "Who's hungry?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​

Bob and Kermit stood at the railing on the ferry, watching as the Statue of Liberty approached. Miss Piggy had left them for her shopping spree.

They were quiet, but the people next to them were not.

"People just won’t let that Child Corps Charge thing die down," one of them said.

"You know, I'm still not even sure it's true sometimes. It just seems like something out of a movie."

"The press wouldn't put this much into it if it was fake."

"Oh, who trusts the press? They'll say anything for good reviews."

"Well duh. But how are we supposed to know what's sensationalized and what's left out completely?"

"What makes you think they leave stuff out completely?"

"Did you catch Tangent yesterday?"

"No, had to get Tina to band practice. Why? Who was on?"

"Kermit the Frog. Magnus got him talking about the war."

"Oh yeah? What'd he say?"

"He said the press doesn't tell the whole story."

"Huh. Wonder what that means."

"I dunno, but I gotta pity him. Did you see those protesters on the way in?"

"Who didn't?"

"They completely twisted his words."

"Wait, that was Kermit they pretended to quote?"

"Oh they weren't pretending. They were really quoting him. They just screwed with the context."

"Jeez. They must've really butchered it, then..."

"Well that's the thing though. When he was saying it himself, he kinda... I dunno. It's impossible to figure out what anyone really means these days.”

"Yeah, especially about the war."

"Sometimes I think the protesters are right. We should just get out of there and figure out what we're doing again. It'd be easier to communicate, anyway."

"Yeah, and I'll tell ya, I really do miss a lot of the stuff that's been rationed."

"Like potato chips. Whoever heard of rationing potato chips?"

By silent, mutual consent, Bob and Kermit moved further down the railing, out of earshot of the talkers.

"I can't stand it sometimes," Kermit said quietly.

"They don't even know what they're talking about," Bob said. "We try to explain, and it just confuses them. Nobody gets it, you know? The only people who still support this war 100 percent are the guys who are fighting it and the guys like us. We've seen it, you know?"

"I know," Kermit said. "And in the meantime, we get criticized left and right. We start to say that we need to fight this war, and we're immediately called villains and heartless killing machines and child murder-" He stopped.

They were quiet.

"Yeah," Bob said. He took a deep breath and let it out. "And then I just feel worthless here, y'know?" he hit his hand on the railing for emphasis. "We give to the war fund, we take our rations in stride, we do whatever the heck we can, and it feels like nothing."

"It feels like we still owe them something," Kermit agreed.

"And we're stuck lounging around here doing nothing." Bob struck the railing again. His eyes grew distant and his face grew quiet as he gazed at the Statue of Liberty. "Frog, what's it say on it?" he said in a hushed voice. "Give me your tired, your poor..."

"Your huddled masses yearning to be free," Kermit whispered.

"Yeah." Bob tapped his fist on the railing. "Yearning to be free." He stared at Lady Liberty. "We can't bring them to her this time," he said quietly. "We've gotta go to them."

Kermit sighed.

Bob leaned over and set his elbows on the railing. "I wanted to tell you in person," he said quietly. "I'm sick of sitting here feeling like a failed attempt at a civilian life." He took a deep breath. "I'm going back."

Kermit looked up. "But you were hurt-"

"I'm healed," Bob said.

Kermit let his hands rest on the railing. "Does your mom know?" he asked.

Bob rubbed his fingers. "Yeah," he whispered. "I don't think it's quite sunk in yet, though. I promised to write her this time..."

"Good," Kermit said quietly.

"It'll be different this time," Bob said. "I mean, me and her- we get along now, y'know? I mean, she's just sort of always there."

"Yeah," Kermit said. "It's good to have people like that."

Bob sighed. "I don't know how to tell Craig, though..."

Kermit nodded. "You don't think he'll take it well..."

"Do you?" Bob looked at him, his face ridden with guilt. "I'd like to tell him in person, but..."

"Maybe we should both be there," Kermit said.

"Would you come? Please?" Bob straightened up. "You're supposed to go home tomorrow-"

"But schedules can change," Kermit said. "And besides," he smiled, "Piggy can probably find some shopping to do in Memphis, too."

Bob shook his head. "You might wanna check with her, first-"

"Well, of course," Kermit said. "But she'll probably be okay if we make our trip just a little longer."

"You're sure?" Bob said.

Bob smiled a small smile. "Thanks," he said quietly. "We'll go tomorrow, then?"

"Sure," Kermit said.

Bob nodded and gave Kermit a slap on the back. "Thanks, Frog."

"Any time, Geraldson." Kermit turned to gaze at the Statue of Liberty once more. "Any time."

Leyla

Reaction score
YAY!!!!!

Yay for the Magnus interview!!
Yay for Bob's mommy!
Yay for the women bonding!

<whimpers for Bob>

<is touched by the statue of Liberty>

<is too tired to be coherent>

but... YAY