A Heart of Gold

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmmmmm. Now that was a good chapter. Bouncing all over the place, much like a girl I happen to know and a young frog who rooms with her. Very touching and excited that Kermit's finally free of the sling... And slinging barbs back at the hecklers too.
Rully nice ending, but I wonder just where this story will go now that Kermit no longer has to put up with the bothersome bands inhibiting the use of his right arm.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yes, I know I say that about all of your stories Lisa, but you're really getting better with each one if that's possible! Anyway, loved the show and the standing ovation and Statler and Waldorf! So funny! Nice to see things getting back to normal for Kermit. Can't wait to see what's next.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Morning. And night. They are two very important times.

Morning, there's Rowlf.

Night, there's Robin.

R&R.

Robin, Rowlf...morning, night. It's all the healing you need, more so than rest and recooperation...this is a different sort of R&R.

Oh, and MUPPET SHOW YEYEYEYEYEEYYEYEYEYYY! *waves one arm!*

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Observation- If you consistently post a chapter or two every day for twenty-six consecutive chapters, and then skip two or three days, no one nags you. Good to know. <Makes a note of that>

I do have reasons, though. You see, the funny thing about writing in the form of torment lines, is that you lose all track of space. This past chapter and the next two were all supposed to be ONE chapter. But, um... I got a little carried away. And um... Well, let's put it this way. When it comes to being ushy gushy, I can no longer even remotely pretend to claim to be in the closet. ...Heck, I'm not sure I even remember where the closet is.

Anyway.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Chapter Twenty-Seven

Kermit stepped out onto the porch and went straight to the swing. "Hi-ho," he said as he sat down and pulled himself into Miss Piggy's arms.

"No patience at all tonight?" she smiled.

"Why bother," he said, with his arms twining around her middle and pulling her close. He slyly looked up into her eyes. "I get to use both arms tonight."

"And every night," she whispered.

"Mm-hm." He lightly brushed his fingers down her side, again and again.

Her arms hung around him loosely as she stared into his eyes and waited... and waited... and waited. "So now you decide to be patient," she growled.

"Just taking my time," he smiled. He leaned in close to her face. "Savoring," he murmured, breathing in the perfect scent of her skin.

She could feel his breath, feel how close he was, and found herself trying to keep from trembling. "Savor faster," she whispered.

"Why?" he smiled. "I kind of... enjoy... savoring..." His hand crept up her spine.

She snipped in to kiss him, but he pulled back just enough to dodge her.

"Oops!" he grinned at her teasingly. "Be careful," he chuckled, "You might-"

She tightened her arms and kissed him firmly. He pressed against her and let his hands caress her sides and back.

She repeatedly pressed her lips against his skin. "You," she accused- "And your silly-" between kisses- "Tactics!" She squeezed him tight and growled into his neck. "You could have just asked for this."

"Remind me," he mumbled. He kissed her neck. "But you enjoy it."

"Mm!" She set her head on his shoulder. "Just hold me?" she whimpered.

He nuzzled his cheek against hers and took a deep breath. "What if I want more?" he murmured.

She growled and gripped his arm. "How much more?"

He grinned. "Well gee, I don't know," he said as he shifted behind her and held her close. "How much do you think this swing can take?"

An elbow to his stomach was the only reply.

"Serves me right," he sighed.

She lay back across the swing and sighed. "Vous can be such a fool sometimes, Kermie," she said smugly.

He set his elbow on the back of the swing. "Well..." He looked her over appreciatively. "I do make some good choices."

Her blue eyes were deep under her lashes. "Once in a while."

He brushed his leg against hers. "I've got good taste in women," he persisted. "Wouldn't you say so?"

"Excellent taste." Her eyes measured him. "You just forget how to treat a girl sometimes."

"Oh do I?" The fingers of his left hand touched just below her knee. "And how should I treat you, my dear?" he whispered.

Her heart skipped. When they were alone, together, like this, it was no longer uncommon for him to say that he loved her. But Kermit had never been one to use endearments, and she certainly hadn't expected any tonight.

She somehow managed to remember the question and its context. "With affection, dignity, and respect," she said carefully.

"Respect?" he said thoughtfully. His eyes held mischief that quickly spread across his face, for he was banking his life on her identifying it. "So does that mean I do or don’t tell you about any other girls I may be, um- respecting?"

She lunged up and pinned him down on his back, rocking the swing as she growled.

She caught her breath and quietly gazed down into his eyes, and he quietly grinned up at her, until the swing was still.

"You're mine," she whispered.

"I noticed," he smiled.

"Good." She leaned in, stopping just short of touching her lips to his. "Any complaints?" she whispered.

His heart raced as he struggled to keep his fingers away from her waist. "About what? Being yours?" he murmured. "Oh just one."

She pulled back and eyed him suspiciously. "And that is?"

He reassessed her position and sighed. "Make that two," he said, "The second being that you just got farther away from this helpless little frog."

"Helpless, my left glove!" she growled. "What's the first?"

"That I'm so much shorter than you," he said simply. "It makes it harder to murmur sweet nothings in your ear..." His arms slid around her. "And to hold you like I should..." He sat up slightly until they were once again just short of kissing. "That's my only complaint," he murmured. "That I'm too short."

She slowly smiled and tucked her face into his cheek, whispering something that made his face grow warm. He mumbled a reply to her cheek, and she murmured something into his neck. He agreed, and set a trail of soft kisses across her face until he met her lips and filled them with tenderness. She gently laid him back against the swing, and after a moment, she settled her head of silky hair against his shoulder, and sighed. "My Kermie..."

He nuzzled against her and set his hand on her cheek. He paused for a moment, just taking in her existence. "You were terrific in the show last night, Piggy," he murmured.

"Thank you," she whispered. "Vous were wonderful last night, too."

He scrunched his face lightly. "But I didn't do anything," he said. "Except wave an arm around."

She ran her finger over his collar. "Moi wasn't talking about the show," she said slyly. "Moi was talking about dinner."

"Mm…" He murmured, "You were terrific then, too." He guided her lips to his and let his fingers trickle down her cheek while he kissed her tenderly.

The front door pried open slightly. "Are you two staying out here all night?"

Reluctantly, Kermit gently unlocked his lips from hers. "We'll be in soon, Fozzie," he sighed.

"Okay. Good night, Kermit! Good night, Piggy!"

"Good night, Fozzie," they called softly, and the door slid shut.

They immediately immersed themselves in another kiss.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Chapter Twenty-Eight

Miss Piggy groaned quietly and set a kiss on his cheek. "Do we have to go in?" she whimpered.

"Hm?" Her cheek seemed to be distracting his lips. "Mm-hm." He began to slowly press her and himself into a more upright position.

She sighed and squeezed him tight. "Then when are you going to hold me?" she whispered.

"Hm?" Now her neck was the distraction.

She nuzzled against him. "Your shoulder's better," she whimpered. "You said you would hold me all night..."

"MM!" His arms tightened, and he pulled back to smile into her eyes. "All in due time, Piggy," he said quietly. His eyes danced with anticipation, and his hands found hers. "I have an idea for that," he whispered, "That won't lead anyone to ah... question your honor."

She stared at him, her skin tingling. "Oh... Oh Kermie!…"

His arms slid around her again. "Piggy..." He snuggled against her.

She repeatedly kissed his cheek, neck, and shoulder. "Mon Capitan!" she whimpered. "You take such care of me... so careful..." She settled her head on his shoulder. "I love you, Kermie," she whispered.

He pressed his cheek against hers. "I love you too, Piggy," he murmured. "And someday... I'll hold you..." He kissed the base of her neck. "...Darling," he whimpered.

Her spine tingled.

He pulled his head out of the nest of her silky, golden curls and looked into her eyes. He reluctantly whispered, "We should go in before Fozzie worries."

She trembled slightly. "...You're probably right," she whispered. She touched her fingertips to his cheeks.

He silently stared into her eyes for a very long moment, holding onto this precious feeling between them. He leaned in and lightly touched his lips to hers. "You're much too addictive to be as good for me as you are," he whispered.

He tightened one arm, loosened the other, and stood up, scooping her to her feet.

She wrapped one arm around his neck and settled her head on his shoulder. "Mon Capitan," she whispered.

He nuzzled against her fondly and guided her inside

They walked slowly, murmuring quietly to each other, oblivious to the rest of the house, until they reached her bedroom door. She turned to him and wrapped her free arm around his neck. "Kermie..."

He lightly kissed her cheek and held her close. "Hi-ho." He reached one hand out, opened her door, and settled his hand on her waist. "You should get to bed," he murmured.

She slid her hands to his shoulders. "Come tuck me in," she smiled.

"Tempting, but you'd never let me go." He tried to pull himself away.

"Kermie!" She pulled him tight into her arms. "Oh, but Kermie," she whispered into his cheek and neck, and she began to sprinkle him with kisses. "You're arms... are so warm! ...Moi would... catch cold if... vous let me go..."

He tucked his face into her neck. "You seducing little temptress," he muttered. He nudged her towards the door. "You're lethal."

She pulled him into the dark room and practically forced him to pin her against the wall. "That's my name," she whispered.

His hands climbed her sides. "You sure you're not an enemy spy or something?" he growled as he pressed against her. "You're out to get me."

"Do you really want to know?" She firmly pressed a kiss onto his mouth that made him moan with pleasure.

He collapsed against her. "Oh Piggy..."

She held him tenderly and watched him catch his breath. She rubbed his back. "Kermie," she whispered happily. She snuggled close to him. "You belong here," she whispered.

He settled firmly into her arms.

She kissed the top of his head. "Come tuck me in," she whispered.

"Let me remember how to walk," he mumbled.

"If vous insist," she murmured.

After a long moment, he pulled her tight and slowly guided her to her bed. One arm reached around her and pulled the blanket down. He kissed her tenderly, slowly persuading her to sit down, and then to lay her head across the pillow.

She cupped his face in her warm, gloved hands. "Do you expect me to sleep in these clothes?" she murmured. "I've worn them all day..."

"Don't tempt me," he growled.

"Too late," she sighed happily.

His arms grew firm around her. "You noticed that, hm?" He pressed a kiss under her chin before pushing himself away. He wrapped his arms around her ankles and began to lift her feet into the bed.

"Kermie!" she pressed her feet into him. "At least take my shoes off. Please?" she begged sweetly, her toes touching his chest.

He gulped and did as he was told. Then he carefully slid her feet onto the bed and under the covers, not failing to notice that, as soft as the sheets were, her skin was noticeably softer.

He held his hands where they were for a moment and looked at her.

Wow... It would feel SO good to just...
He imagined his hands sliding up her smooth, strong legs.

Calm down, Kermit. The door's open, and anyone could know you're in here.

"Feeling patient again?" her voice softly floated to him.

He hesitated a moment, searching for his voice. "Savoring," he murmured. His heart raced.

He pulled the blanket up to her neck and folded over to kiss her tenderly.

She pulled her arms out from under the blanket and wrapped them around him, pulling him closer, kissing him passionately.

He squeezed her shoulders and let himself surrender to her for a brief moment. Then he realized that, having surrendered, the only way to release himself now would be to rip himself away. He reluctantly did so, and set his hand on her cheek. "Piggy," he whispered. "I love you..." He kissed her forehead. "And I'll see you tomorrow."

She slowly touched his cheek. "Mm-hm…"

For fear of getting sucked in again, he stood up and backed away. She mercifully let him go, and he found himself at her door.

He put a steadying hand on her doorpost. "Sleep well, Piggy," he said softly.

A blissful sigh answered him. "Sweet dreams, Mon Capitan!"

He closed the door.

Leyla

Reaction score
<stares>

<continues to stare>

(You'd think I hadn't seen this before.)

<stares a bit more>

<tries to remember words>

What...

What was that language I used to speak?

Hmm...well, I see to have found it again, whatever it is... and whoever I am.

... and people think I'm ushy gushy.

LISA!!!! YOU ARE SO TOTALLY AWESOME!!! AAAAAH!!!!

<pants> Sorry, sorry... I'm trying to be good.

What was my name again?

Nevermind, it's not important. What IS important is that I've read this before.. and it still managed to completely derail my helpless brain. This is effects me much like tossing my helpless brain into a blender and setting it on puree... (Note: Do not let Gonzo here about this.)

Okay... it's FABULOUS. The descriptions are incredibly vivid... I could practically FEEL what they were doing to each other. I continue to have deep affection for Fozzie's prompting... and wow... it's just REALLY wonderful seeing Kermit's passion for Piggy. Hey, we already KNEW about hers for him after all. There's some great dialogue in here too... I believe the best word ito describe it is titillating... although I almost scandalize myself by using it. :wink:

He tucked his face into her neck. "You seducing little temptress," he muttered. He nudged her towards the door. "You're lethal."
<giggles> I am SO utterly charmed by the phrase, seducing little temptress... it's rather funny too, to hear Kermit calling Piggy a little anything.

See? Look at that! I'm teasing Piggy! I am obviously not a fangirl.

She pulled him into the dark room and practically forced him to pin her against the wall. "That's my name," she whispered.
"Seducing little temptress" or "lethal"? I could believe both. heck.. I'm not even sure which one Piggy would prefer. Oh, she's so great! So strong and beautiful and funny and courageous and...um... where was I?

He held his hands where they were for a moment and looked at her.

Wow... It would feel SO good to just...
He imagined his hands sliding up her smooth, strong legs.
<spontaneously combusts>

<recovers remarkably well>

<beams at beloved mentor>

Sigh... wow... he's been through a lot this story, but... he's not going without compensation... and I don't just mean Piggy, either, I mean all the friends and love that he surrounded with.

I'm really glad Kermit's home with them... he needs to heal.

He pressed his cheek against hers. "I love you too, Piggy," he murmured. "And someday... I'll hold you..." He kissed the base of her neck. "...Darling," he whimpered.

Her spine tingled.
<raises quiet toast to "Someday">

(I have MUCH less dignity on MSN.)

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yep, it's safe to say you've left the ushy gushy closet. The closet is so far from where you are now that there just isn't a closet. Yeah, I'm making sense. Anyway, just wanted to say I love all the ushy gushy goodness! Kermit is one heck of a romancer, that's for sure! Great two chapters, can't wait for more, gush, gush, gush, you know what I mean. :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ushy gushy Piggy and Froggy. Delightful. *sigh* It really was very, very well written Lisa. It's just... You know, I have a hard time dealing with this right now. But a very, very nice two chapters. Can't wait for more! *hugs*

Beauregard

Reaction score
Leyla said:
(I have MUCH less dignity on MSN.)
Well, that's one way to put it...

Savoring...scent...shoes...Fozzie's concern...open door...word choice...and the slow, paced progression of the scene all combine to make a fabulous chapter.

*smiles!*

Beau