Search results

  1. M

    "Muppet, Music & Magic" Events

    So there's a question and answer session. Has anybody thought about asking Dave Goelz if he knows whether the Sam and Friends characters are owned by Henson or Disney? Has anybody ever thought of asking him why Digit hasn't been used much since The Jim Henson Hour? Did anybody (or has anybody...
  2. M

    New Fraggle 3-Disc CD Set and Clothing Line

    This would make a good track listing: Disc 1: 1. Fraggle Rock Theme 2. Follow Me 3. Let Me Be Your Song 4. The Way I've Got to Go 5. I Knew I Was Good 6. Catch the Tail by the Tiger 7. Friendship Song 8. Friends 'Till the End 9. Yes, We Can 10. Convincing John 11...
  3. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming this fall

    At Muppet Wiki, I was reading about episode 847, which featured a guest appearance by Margaret Hamilton as The Wicked Witch. This was a season 7 episode, and apparantly it scarred kids so much that many parents send negative letters to Sesame Workshop, and eventually Sesame Workshop decided that...
  4. M

    how about a SS compilation TV series?

    For the opening, it would be a clip montage played over audio of the original audio recording of the theme song, as heard during the first season. It would start with clips and end with a title card. The title card would be a blue background with "The Best" writen in green lettering, "of" being...
  5. M

    The ask Jim Lewis thread is now open

    Before Jim Henson died, it was often common for Sesame Street Muppets to make cameo or crossover appearances in Muppet Show-related productions (especially during Henson's last few years of life, though none of them appeared on The Jim Henson Hour), but after Henson's death, very few crossovers...
  6. M

    Talking houses.

    They appeared in mutliple skits during the first season. They were in the episodes with Ruth Buzzi, Paul Williams, Florence Henderson, Harvey Korman, Ben Vereen, and Vincent Price. I think I am forgetting an episode or two.
  7. M

    how about a SS compilation TV series?

    This would be a good second season: Episode 27: Ernie has Bert wait outside the apartment Jazz Alphabet Rhyme Out The Count and Cookie Monster count and eat cookies Grover delivers singing telegrams to Fat Blue Just the Way You Are The Honker-Duckie-Dinger Jambouree Episode...
  8. M

    Biff without a hat

    Is "Someones Gotta Hammer" the same song as "We Coulda", or are they different songs?
  9. M

    The ask Jim Lewis thread is now open

    I wonder if that's why Seymour hasn't been used at all since Muppets Tonight. He seemed to have a simialr personality and effect. Then again, it seems like most dumb fictional characters are like that, though the original dumb Big Bird wasn't (at least based on what I've seen of Big Bird during...
  10. M

    The ask Jim Lewis thread is now open

    That's a shame. It's been reported that Jim Henson didn't keep many secrets. I wonder if he would have made this an exception.
  11. M

    What happened to good old Herry?

    Jerry Nelson also performed another monster, Frazzle. And of course he used to perform half of the Two-Headed Monster.
  12. M

    What happened to good old Herry?

    I don't really think that Herry's voice would be that hurtful (though I was the first one here to openly speculate that as the reason). If anything I would expect it to be easier to do than Cookie Monster or Guy Smiley's voices.
  13. M

    What happened to good old Herry?

    That song was sung during the first season, though I don't know who sang it in the first season.
  14. M

    1-2-3-4-5..6-7-8-9-10..11-12!

    I never thought of skits where characters just count to 20 (or 10, or 40) to be the number equivelent of reciting thw alphabet. Of course people don't recite the alphabet and stop at any certain letters (it would have been cool if Sesame Street had a recurring letter series with an opening where...
  15. M

    Fraggle Rocks nod to Peanuts

    That would be a reference to "The Increditble Shrinking Woman".
  16. M

    Racism on Sesame Street?

    I wonder if it would have been a good idea to have shown the racist person. Surely it couldn't have been Oscar...
  17. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming this fall

    Those are some pretty good choices, though I think that if non-season premier episodes are to be included, then Olivia's first appearance needs to be included. I also think that the sixth season episode where Big Bird runs for president would also be a good episode (it's the second episode from...
  18. M

    1-2-3-4-5..6-7-8-9-10..11-12!

    Yes.. Err, maybe... uh, I guess... Oh, what the heck, yes I am joking.
  19. M

    how about a SS compilation TV series?

    How would you feel if there was a half-hour Sesame Street compilations eries, with only old footage from Sesame Street? I would call it "The Best of Sesame Street" (although it would have some rare footage that might not neccessarily be thought of as "best"). This would be the content for...
Top