Search results

  1. M

    how about a SS compilation TV series?

    When I was thinking of a "From 11 to 20" show, that is the sketch I had in mind for 19. Anyway, here is a list of what sketches I thought of for such a show: It's a Lovely Eleven Morning The Ladybug Picnic Lucky Thirteen Sing a Song of 14 Just Take a Look at Fifteen Number Creatures 16...
  2. M

    Disney Channel Preps for Muppet "Mini Movies"

    I wonder if "Mini-movies" actualy means television special or could it be something else? It's been a long time since there have been any non-Jim Henson tribute/ non-Sesame Street Muppet specials (we almost had some during the 50th anniversary...).
  3. M

    What DVDs would you want for 2008?

    Sesame Street: Old School Volume 3 The Muppet Show: Season 3 A Special Sesame Street Christmas the "MuppeTelevision" segments of The Jim Henson Hour The Great Santa Claus Switch The Muppets at Walt Disney World The Muppets go to the Movies a Sam and Friends DVD release Out to...
  4. M

    The New Scooby-Doo Movies w/ Jim Henson’s Muppets

    If this really was made, then I wonder if Disney would have allowed for the Muppets episode to be released on The New Scooby-Doo Movies DVD set, considering that Scooby-Doo is owned by Warner Bros., a bigger rival than Hit!
  5. M

    how about a SS compilation TV series?

    Sounds good. Oddly enough, you only chose a handful of segments that I had thought of (I would have listed Lucky 13, Rap #17, and Bellhop #18. I also thought of including "Just Take a Look at 15", but I forgot what number it was about, and I also thought that it was about either 16 or 17).
  6. M

    how about a SS compilation TV series?

    If the ideas I listed were actually made, I wonder if they would all have a consistent lenght, give or take a few minutes per episode. It seems like animated segments are normally a lot shorter than Muppet or live action segments, but some Muppet segments are a bit short, too.
  7. M

    how about a SS compilation TV series?

    Your list is good. Here is some minor treaking (many of the skits you listed are ones that I'm unfamiliar with, and therefore don't have much opinion about). Geometric shapes should include some of the following: The hippie and the strait-laced Anything Muppet imagining shapes Herry and...
  8. M

    how about a SS compilation TV series?

    Actually, they don't all have ten each. Some have less (some have nine, some have eight, I even counted six and seven on a few episodes). When I made that list I didn't actually count the number of sketches included in the episodes (with the obvious exception of "From 1 to 10"). And I included...
  9. M

    how about a SS compilation TV series?

    If such a series was made but each episode revolved around a particular theme, then this is what I'd include: 1. From 1 to 10 One Song (Song of One) Two Heads are Better Than One Jazz #3 I Just Adore Four Funny Farm Six The Alligator King King of 8 Count up to Nine Kermit...
  10. M

    The Return of "Muppet What-Ifs?"

    What if Sesame Street was cancled after only one month? What if the Muppets made guest appearances on every major sitcom from the 1980s and 1990s? What if the Muppets made guest appearances on every major drama series from the 1980s and 1990s? What if the Muppets were dropped from Sesame...
  11. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming this fall

    Big V was around before Sesame Street. I don't know why he's called "Big V" (the book "The Story of Jim Henson: Creator of the Muppets" has a picture of Jane Henson putting him in storage, and the text underneath the photo refers to him by that name). Big V looks nothing like Herry (he looks...
  12. M

    Bill the Bubble Guy appreciation thread

    I wonder if Bill was originally meant to appear in just one epsidoe, and then became a regular character. If you think about it, he sort of looks like a whatnot (is he?). Same with Mr. Poodlepants, Zippety, and Ernest Pleth (though I only recall him appearing in two episodes). I wonder if these...
  13. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming this fall

    I don't think those are what he meant. He mentioned Kermit, who wasn't in the skits you described, and he also mentioend Fuzzyface, who many fans refer to as "season 1 Grover". Big V is the name of the Muppet monster from the "Inchworm" sketch.
  14. M

    The New Scooby-Doo Movies w/ Jim Henson’s Muppets

    Oh, I didn't notice that list. In your mind, is this meant to be completely animated, or a combination of animation and live action, or all live-action, with the Scooby Doo cast being puppets?
  15. M

    how about a SS compilation TV series?

    I don't think it would be a problem. Kermit has appeared in recent Sesame Street DVds (including Old School Vol. 1), and Sesame Workshop does have permission to include Kermit skits in new episodes (even though Do De Rubber Duck is the only sketch with Kermit that's shown in new episodes of the...
  16. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming this fall

    I've never heard of that sketch.
  17. M

    The New Scooby-Doo Movies w/ Jim Henson’s Muppets

    That was good. It's too bad that wasn't actually made (though somehow I doubt that the non-Sesame Street Muppets would have been popular enough at the time to appear as guests on Scooby Doo). It's a shame that you didn't include Rowlf or Baskerville in this, since they, like Scooby, are dogs.
  18. M

    Simpsons Movie Thread (Spoiler)

    I saw the more detailed trailer back in febuary, and I still can't tell what the plot is. I read an interview in Entertainment Weekly with soime of the people invovled with the movie, and it was said that 70 percent of what's shown in the trailer has actually been changed for the final version...
  19. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming this fall

    That sounds like an awesome idea.
  20. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming this fall

    If Sesame Workshop decides nott o just have season premiers on all sets, then I guess the 1979-1984 set (if a set for those years is made) would probably have the episode about Mr. Hooper's death. But even if it doesn't, I wonder if the clip where the adults explain his deatht o Big Bird would...
Top