Search results

  1. M

    The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

    Great answers. I didn't realize that there was a video with both Bobo and Beauregard on muppets.com (I didn't even know Bobo was on the site!). Now for a new question... Back in 1992, the Muppets made weekly appearances on Good Morning America. Did you write any of those sketches?
  2. M

    Muppets on GMA

    Many of them are embedded onto the Good Morning America page at Muppet Wiki.
  3. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    I've been wondering, regarding the newstand deal, are newsstands the same as magazine racks or comic book racks, or are they different?
  4. M

    The MuppetCast - Show #106 - The Core of Commune

    I wish I knew what Sesame Street vidoe that listener was referring to. I know a lot about Sesame Street videos, even ones I haven't seen. As far as I know there aren't any videos pairings Bert and Ernie with Irvine. The closest I can think of to what was described is The Best of Ernie and...
  5. M

    Question about Recasting Sweetums in the 1980s...

    John Henson has been Sweetums' main performer since Richard stopped being inside him, but others have performed him as well. Victor Yerrid has performed on occassion, and Rob Mills' name was on the monitor Sweetums appeared on in The Jim Henson Hour: Health and Fitness.
  6. M

    SST season 25 outline: Rosita Makes Tamales

    Special thanks to kathy26 for this suggestion. Scene 1 Rosita wants to make tamales, but does not know how to. Luis know show, and offers to help. Inserts Typewriter: C-cat Chip and Dip and child: Cat sign Elbows and Knees Grover's Health Minutes: Teeth Zork: Ring Toss Cerrado...
  7. M

    Henson-related video games

    A long time ago, there were two Austin Powers video games for Game Boy Color. They were Austin Powers: Groovy Baby and Dr. Evil: Welcome to my Secret Underground Lair. I only have the Austin Powers one, and haven't played it in awhile, but it seems they were game swith each main character...
  8. M

    Caroll Spinney during the break between seasons 1 & 2

    In Caroll Spinney's autobiography, he mentioned that during the break between the first two seasons of Sesame Street, Jim Henson didn't have any work for him. But as far as I know, The Great Santa Claus Switch was made before production on season two began. I wonder why Caroll wasn't asked to...
  9. M

    Question about Recasting Sweetums in the 1980s...

    It has been sourced that Richard Hunt stopped performing the inside of Sweetums in the 1980s. I don't think it's known when, but there is a source that John Henson performed him sometime by 1987. However, I find it odd that there was a need to recast Sweetums. He was hardly used during the last...
  10. M

    The Jim Henson Hour's 20th anniversary

    There were two commercial breaks for the show during the original broadcast of Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting, and watching the epsiodes on youtube, it seems that there was usually a promo for next weeks show before Jim Henson's closing. Dog City and Song of the Clod Forest were both...
  11. M

    Muppets Comics Wishes Thread

    I was just rereading this, and man, I previously thought you were against such an idea. The first issue begins with a short Muppet News Flash strip, but I think it might be interesting to see fake advertisements or comic strip "commerciasl" for ficticious products. Maybe ads for Doc Hopper's...
  12. M

    Muppets Season 4... Good News and bad news

    Man, it seems like the special features on these sets are a bit unredictable. Most of the seaosn 1 features had to do with the development of the series (well, I guess that was a bit predictable/expected..), then season 2's features were mostly thigns from the late 1990s/ early 2000s, and then...
  13. M

    Initial TV Series Contracts

    Do networks usually have policies of how long the initial contracts for a show should last? Meaning that if a series is bought, would a network or production company normally order a certain number of episodes or seasons at first?
  14. M

    Concern about Rowlf

    I never really noticed this about Rowlf, but I did notice it about other characters. Dr. Teeth, Sweetums, and even Crazy Harry were used quite a bit in the first two seasons, but then started appearing considerably less in subsequent seasons (and these characters had important enough parts in...
  15. M

    Help Pick Clips for the 40th Anniversary DVD

    You know, for months since this project was announced (heck, evne before any such announcement, as I had been wishing for such a set... only a four-disc set focusing on different 10-year periods per disc), I had thought that the 1999 special Sesame Street Unpaved would make a good bonus feature...
  16. M

    The Jim Henson Hour's 20th anniversary

    Happy anniversary, JHH! I hope that Henson and Disney do something to celebrate it!
  17. M

    minor muppetz' TMS outline: Frankie Avalon & Annette Funicello

    Enjoy this season 3 outline, suggested to me by kathy26. Cold Opening The two-headed whatnot can't believe that the show is having two guest stars. Introduction Kermit is pleased to announce that Frankie and Annette are the guest stars, and invites the viewers to a beach party...
  18. M

    Ruby Monster Appreciation Thread

    I've watched a few clips she appears in at sesamestreet.org, and on the clip pages her name isn't in the "featuring" section. I haven't actually done any searches for her on the wesboite, so maybe her name does appear in asearch. On the website, the page with the clip "Good Morning, Morning"...
  19. M

    Muppets Season 4... Good News and bad news

    There was another post at Mupet Central, somewhere, from somebody who got to talk to Craig Shemin at an event, and learned that "A Frog is Born" was dropped due to some kind of rights issues. It wasn't said what the issue was, but I would think that they could easily cut something from an...
  20. M

    Henson-related video games

    My ideal title for the treasure hnt game is.... (sighs in embarassment)... Muppet Treasure Hunt. Regarding the Mario ideas, it would be great if such a parody would combine elements o all the classic games. Besides including a Donkey Kong-like villian, perhaps a Snowth could appear in a...
Top