Search results

  1. M

    Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

    That's good news for me. I went to both comic stores in my area, neither had it, one is going out of buisness, and the other one only sells back issues of comics.
  2. M

    Your Thoughts: Follow that Bird Anniversary DVD

    Yeah, that's where I saw a copy, but I had a Best Buy gift card on me and wanted to buy it there, only to not see it in stock.
  3. M

    The Magic Apple

    I didn't know it either. And now my reply to that seems awkward to those who didn't see it earlier, since it appears to be an out-of-place comment regarding the link.
  4. M

    Why wasn't MFS directed by a Henson director?

    Of course, Frank Oz did recieve directors credit for The Dark Crystal, though according to an interview he considered it to be Jim Henson's film, with Oz just helping out on a few scenes. I do wonder why the Sesame Street movies were directed by non-Sesame people (well, I assume that the EIG...
  5. M

    Muppet Spring Break Week

    Episode 3 Introduction Kermit introduces Pepe in the opening number. Opening Number: Mambo No. 5 Pepe sings, backed by a marching band consisting of Lips on trumpet, Trumpet Girl on trombone, Howard Tubman on tuba, Animal on marching drums, and Clifford on glockenspiel. Several...
  6. M

    The Magic Apple

    I don't agree. Bert obviously doesn't want to be the princess ( wonder why the fairy godmother couldn't have been the princcess, too), and Ernie leaves Bert behind after the story is done.
  7. M

    "The Doozers" preschool series under development

    I thought it was the other way around. Regarding 3D animation being less expensive than puppeteers.
  8. M

    The Darkwing Duck Thread

    If the show were adapted into a movie, I could see Steelbeak employing The Fearsome Five as members of F.O.W.L., so that Darkwing's six biggest enemies (well, I don't know if I'd consider The Liquidator as one of his biggest enemies) can be in the movie. Man, I saw Jailbird, and I expected...
  9. M

    Idea: Muppet Programming Schedule

    I've been thinking for the last few weeks of an idea for a Muppet block and a few different series. Basically the idea would be to have four new Muppet shows, basically spin-offs, and shown either at the start or end of a two-hour Muppet television block which would also include three episodes...
  10. M

    The Magic Apple

    I thought I'd start a thread about the season 2 segment The Magic Apple. For those who haven't seen the sketch, it's a story segment, with Bob reading and Ernie acting out the story with other characters. The story plot invovles a fairy godmother who offers to grant Ernie one wish, but Ernie has...
  11. M

    JHC selling the Muppets to Disney speculation

    Lately, I've been wondering if The Jim Henson Company was desperate to sell the Muppets to Disney back in 2004. For one, I don't think we knew that the company was in talks with Disney regarding selling the characters. Of course, I don't know how common it is for such buyouts to be known about...
  12. M

    Pepe the King Prawn Thread

    I recall that back when Muppets From Space was released and Pepe stole the show, a lot of fans wanted some Pepe merchandise, but there wasn't any for a few years. And then there was a few Pepe toys released around the same time, but still, within the last ten years there still hasn't been much.
  13. M

    New Fisher Price SST Collect A Pals

    I found that Muppet Wiki has a page for these toys. All characters mentioned in this thread were made, as well as Cookie Monster. muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Collect-a-Pal
  14. M

    "The Doozers" preschool series under development

    First CGI Twiddlebugs, now CGI Doozers? Well, it might work well...
  15. M

    Sesame Street: A Celebration of Forty Years

    In addition to all that, it'd be great if such a CD-rom would include video tributes. This would be my line-up: Jim Henson, featuring the following clips: Ernie and Bert in the rain, Sesame Street News: Cookie Monster's first day of school, The Triangle is Right, Everybody's Song, Henson #6...
Top