Search results

  1. M

    The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

    You said that writing "Muppets Tonight" was a group effort, and that you thought the same applied to the writing of "The Muppet Show". When you mention "group effort", do you mean all writers wrote for every scene? Because on these and many variety shows, I always assumed that each individual...
  2. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Box Set

    The King of Eight was one of ten segments nominated for voting on amazon back in april 2009. The winning segment was "Bert & Ernie: String Tied", the clip listed as "fan favorite". But at least both segments can be found on other DVDs. King of Eight is on quite a few DVDs (Old School Vol...
  3. M

    Behind the Scenes- Joe Pesci on SST

    I saw the one with Benny a month ago, but didn't really pay much attention to the dialogue until now. Now if only somebody would upload the whole special on youtube.
  4. M

    Follow That Bird merchandise

    There was also a game boy color game (making this and Labyrinth the only Henson movies to have video game adaptations) and a storybook. I think there was also a coloring book.
  5. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    Now it is number 1 day with Grover. It was this day yesterday.
  6. M

    The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Thread!

    I thought the instrumental opening was from season one. By the way, does anybody know if there are any good Peanuts message boards?
  7. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    Are you talking baout the first issue of this one (which would be #4), or issue #1 of the "On the Road" storyline?
  8. M

    Will there be an Old School Vol. 3 DVD?

    Here's some ideas I've had for some one-disc releases of the first three decades (if I was in charge, each would be a "volume 1"). The Best of Seasosn 1-10: Bert and Ernie: Cake The People in Your Neighborhood (original) Pinball Number Count #5 Grover's Restaurant: Big Burger Kermit and...
  9. M

    Segments that were possibly taped on the same day

    I haven't seen those sketches, but I'd consider them an honarary two-part sketch, and I assume all parts of every multi-part sketch would have been shot on the same day.
  10. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years Hardcover Book

    For some reason, I don't remember that part of the film. I recall the lines in that scene, but really only recall the kids playing in the sandbox, intercut with the machine footage.
  11. M

    Hal Miller, the middle Gordon

    The 40th anniversary book just says that Hal Miller wasn't a good fit for the role. And in a way, it seems like there are similarities between him and the Gordon from the test pilot. Their looks are similar (though Miller's hair is bigger), we don't know much about either (but at least we...
  12. M

    The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Thread!

    Both opening themes were included when Nickelodeon broadcast the series and the specials. I don't know if The Disney Channel showed both openings (I'm guessing not... I didn't have The Disney Channel at the time the channel showed The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show so I only saw it occassionally...
  13. M

    The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Thread!

    That special is titled "Why, Charlie Brown, Why?"
  14. M

    Hal Miller, the middle Gordon

    Something that I forgot to touch-up on is the fact that there seems to be quite a sources (Sesame Street Dad - at least judging by a review I read, the 40th anniversary book, a quote from Roscoe Orman that I read somewhere, the extra chapter about Roscoe Orman at the street gang website) that...
  15. M

    The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Thread!

    I recall seeing it in a book at my high school library. I forget what it was called, but I think it was themed around baseball-related strips. But it's probably out of print by now.
  16. M

    Sesame Street DVD wins award

    When I first saw this, I was hoping it would be the 40th anniversary DVD, as opposed to Being Green, one of the more "regular" Sesame Street DVDs.
  17. M

    Hal Miller, the middle Gordon

    Has anybody noticed how there seems to be a lot of info on Matt Robinson and Roscoe Orman, yet not much on Hal Miller? Not counting the test pilot Gordon, it seems like Hal is treated like a "middle child" of sorts. Most official publications on Sesame Street talk less about him than the other...
  18. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    I didn't neccessarily ask whose it is, but I'm sure it'll be revealed in press releases soon enough.
  19. M

    Lips is Back!

    Lips just made one recent appearance so far. That doesn't mean he'll be used in the background a lot soon, but I hope it does. Hopefully he'll be used whenever the rest of the whole Electric Mayhem is used, or whenever a trumpet player is needed. And I hope Roger Langridge finds a way to...
  20. M

    Dreams about Muppets

    Just the other night I dreamt that I was watching disc 2 of the Sesame Street 40th anniversary DVD, and dreamt that the celebrity version of Monster in the Mirror was included, as well as the non-celebrity version, only it was shown later on the disc (probably alongside season 22), and it was...
Top