Search results

  1. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    You know, I tried to check the iTunes store to see if they had this, to check a preview for it, and yet I was having problems accessing the iTunes store for some reason. And for some odd reason Sesame Workshop didn't add any previews for it to it's YouTube channel (it's last few DVD releases had...
  2. M

    The New Adventures of Winnie The Pooh

    There's this other forum I'm a member of, which is themed around randomness. It doesn't have many members or threads, but if you'd like to join I started a general thread about Winnie the Pooh: http://z11.invisionfree.com/Randomness_is_coming/index.php?showtopic=327 But yeah, with Winnie the...
  3. M

    Genius Entertainment subtitle

    I don't know off-hand about the Genius releases (I do know that Old School Vol. 2 and 40 Years of Sunny Days don't), but the Waner Home Video releases do. I know that Warner Home Video's rereleases are pretty much the same as the Genius releases, so I don't know if the rereleases add subtitles...
  4. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Well, Elmo's Travel Songs and Games came out today. Did anybody buy it? I saw it in the store and looked at the packaging but didn't purchase it (so you could say I picked it up but didn't buy it). Looking at the back cover, it looks like it has a CGI Twiddlebugs segment (where the Twiddlebugs...
  5. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    Today is "Mommy Time" with Elmo (and a cameo by Shelly the Turtle).
  6. M

    Kirk Thatcher Interview - Need Questions for Henson.com Podcast

    April seems to be the month of Waldo C. Graphic. We had the podcast interview about the character, Henson's Red Book had the entry on the character, The Muppet Mindset had a "Weekly Muppet Wednesday" article on the character, a Waldo toy was included as the "chaser" in series 2 of Disney's...
  7. M

    The Beauregard Thread--For Everybody Who Didn't Get A Joke

    Oh, I misheard it as either "hitting" or "pinning".
  8. M

    Weird Al Yankovic's next album coming June 21

    Of course half of the album has pretty much already been released (unless some of the tracks end up gettign removed, but I doubt it). In 2008 Weird Al recorded a parody of "Whatever You Like", called "Whatever You Like", and had it released on iTunes within days after being recorded. Then...
  9. M

    Monsterpiece Theater: Chariots of Fur vs. ABCD Blue

    Well, I haven't posted any "vs." threads in a few weeks, so today I thought I'd ask, which of the two Monsterpiece Theater segments starrign Grover and Herry do you like better, "Chariots of Fur" or "ABCD Blue"? Chariots of Fur...
  10. M

    Your Muppet mistakes

    When I first noticed that the back covers of the "My Sesame Street Home Video" releases had a listing of other videos in the collection, when looking at the title "Count It Higher: Great Music Videos from Sesame Street" I thought the title was just "Count It Higher" and thought the "great music...
  11. M

    The Beauregard Thread--For Everybody Who Didn't Get A Joke

    In the Jean Stapleton episode, in "At the Dance", Bunsen dances with a woman with no mouth, and he says "I see you have nothing to say". Kermit says he doesn't get it, and Miss Mousey says he'll have to think about it. A few jokes later and Bunsen tells the "You still have nothing to say" joke...
  12. M

    Sesame Street Spoofs coming to DVD July 5

    We got full rundowns of the Old School sets and the 40th anniversary set a week before they were released. With the first Old School set, we got the rundown because somebody got a copy a week early and posted the review at Muppet Central. Full content rundowns were posted at some site (I think...
  13. M

    Sesame Street Spoofs coming to DVD July 5

    You know, it's too bad Weird Al Yankovic still hasn't been on the show. An appearance by him would have been perfect for this release (he did appear on Square One TV, though not in a parody). I doubt it'll happen but it'd be great if they got Weird Al to host this release.
  14. M

    Sesame Street Spoofs coming to DVD July 5

    If you can identify a speciffic Monsterpiece Theater sketch just by looking at an ordinary still of Alistair Cookie in the usual set, with nothing speciffic happening (i.e., he doesn't hold a shoe or a doll, characters from the featured story aren't in the living room with him, etc), then you...
  15. M

    Sesame Street Spoofs coming to DVD July 5

    Letter B was included in the video Count It Higher: Great Music Videos from Sesame Street. I'm pretty sure it's still available on DVD, though it seems to be hard to find. We don't know that it won't have multiple Beatels parodies, though it might be a bit much to have two of them.
  16. M

    The VHS Thread

    I've found an "opening to 1983 VHS of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPlvWHRTx1I&feature=related One thing that intrigues me is the note at the beginning, which says "for sale only". But I also found an "Opening for 1981 release", which had a "For...
  17. M

    Sesame Street Spoofs coming to DVD July 5

    It's been confirmed that "Born to Add" will be on there, and images from "Hey Food" are on the cover. I don't think either of the How Now Brown Cow segments are parodies, so I doubt they'll be included. I doubt that'll be included, but I will be happy if it is. Or did you list that as a...
  18. M

    Sesame Street Spoofs coming to DVD July 5

    I just realised that Elmo doesn't appear on the cover! I wonder if this will have any Elmo at all (Elmo has appeared in parody segments, particularly ones with celebrities singing parodies of their own songs... And yet there's no sign of any celebrity appearances, though I'll be surprised if it...
  19. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    That makes a bit of sense, though I also honestly don't see many people boycotting the Muppets. If not for that post I wouldn't have associated any soap operas as a Disney property, and I don't know if there are as many people who like both the Muppets and soap operas (I only like Muppets).
  20. M

    Sesame Street Spoofs coming to DVD July 5

    Really? I've looked at the cover and press release, and I haven't found any evidence of "Gone with the Wind" being on there. It's weird that the cover refers to it as "The Best of Sesame Spoofs Vol. 1 and 2", yet it's obviously a two-disc set. Weird. I noticed that Guy Smiley is on the...
Top