The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly I don’t like having to shop primarily online all the time if there’s something I know I can find in a store.

Plus packages can always get lost one way or another.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’m not a huge fan of online shopping either. And the mall isn’t as fun as it used to be. They used to have specialty stores like fye, Disney, Sam Goody, etc. Now everything is overpriced boutiques.
A few years back the Gap went out of business (they’re owned by the same people who run Old Navy). The only men’s clothing store left is Abercrombie and Fitch. But ain’t no way I’m paying sixty bucks for a plain t-shirt.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I don’t know how often I went into Sam Goody but it was definitely a nice music store. The atmosphere alone 👍🏻

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My experiences with online shopping is that half of the time there's shipping damage that results in having to return the item and have it replaced and delivered again. Honestly, online shopping is only popular because it saves lazy people from having to get out of the house and go into a store to look for what they want or need . . . which is actually less of a hassle, because if the store has it, you can go ahead and get it that day without having to pay shipping charges, or wait for it to actually be delivered to your door and wonder what kind of condition it'll arrive in since the postal service (or other delivery services) can be so unreliable.

Our west mall had Sam Goody's, and as I said before, that's where I would go for new DVD releases because Walmart would never have new releases on time, and fye was always too expensive.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Goody Got It!
As late as the 80’s Sam Goody still sold records. Towards the end of the decade, old 45s became real cheap. You could get three for a dollar if you don’t mind hunting.

It’s been a while since I bought anything on eBay. Found a lot of old records and books. But some things, like a new guitar, I wouldn’t buy sight unseen.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly, online shopping is only popular because it saves lazy people from having to get out of the house and go into a store to look for what they want or need
You forgot to mention fat-

Okay, okay. That’s going too far. But I do agree completely.

Any Del

Reaction score
I’m not a huge fan of online shopping either. And the mall isn’t as fun as it used to be. They used to have specialty stores like fye, Disney, Sam Goody, etc. Now everything is overpriced boutiques.
A few years back the Gap went out of business (they’re owned by the same people who run Old Navy). The only men’s clothing store left is Abercrombie and Fitch. But ain’t no way I’m paying sixty bucks for a plain t-shirt.
I saw a t -shirt at Versace that costs $150! That shirt must've been worn by a celebrity in order for it to be so expensive.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean, isn't Versace supposed to be like a really high-end clothing line that's kind of catered to the affluent crowd?

Any Del

Reaction score
I suppose so. . . But still $150 is enough for me to afford a videogame console or what have you.