The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

mariolover

Reaction score
Almost 6:30. Absolutely 0 hours of sleep last night.

I set my alarm for 6 instead of 7 every day, even though class doesn't start until 8:30, that way I have time to read my Bible first thing in the morning every morning. I try to read my Bible every day and I do it most days.

I have a CSB Teen Study Bible, with questions and study notes to make it easier to understand, because I struggle to understand the Bible. I'm trying to read it from cover to cover, something I've never done in my life,

and I expect to be finished by January if the plan works out. I'm doing a one year plan, which is in the back of the Bible where you check off boxes for every day when you read all the chapters assigned for that day.

I already read the whole New Testament from cover to cover, now I'm on the Old Testament, which is a lot harder to understand, trust me.

I started reading around August 2019 (a couple months before a officially became a Christian), and have read it almost every day since, so if I finish by January 2021 like I plan to, I will have finished it in a year and a half!

I'm currently on 2nd Kings in the Old Testament (chapter 2).

I'm taking a Christian religion class in college this semester, so that should also help me understand the Bible better.

Last edited:

mariolover

Reaction score
Today in chapel at my college, we found out that one of the students that goes here who is a senior took their own life! I don’t know the student personally, but I’m still crushed! Suicide is never the answer to any problem. 😢

I will be praying for her family and friends who must be devastated.

I hope she is flying high with Jesus and the angels.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’m sorry to hear that. But what troubles me, is that a student at a Christian college would commit suicide?
She had no one to reach out to?
About 2,800 commit suicide every day (that’s one every seven seconds).
Someone like her would be the last I’d expect to do herself in.

mariolover

Reaction score
I’m sorry to hear that. But what troubles me, is that a student at a Christian college would commit suicide?
She had no one to reach out to?
About 2,800 commit suicide every day (that’s one every seven seconds).
Someone like her would be the last I’d expect to do herself in.
They didn't give a reason, or explain whether she had anyone to reach out to. They probably didn't want to disclose all the details.

mariolover

Reaction score
My phone case broke when I was on a run. I went for a run on campus and the phone fell out of my pocket. I will have go to my local Walmart in Grand Rapids and get a new one.

My friend posted a photo on Facebook of himself with a girl in Walmart without a mask, with the caption "No mask you can kiss our ***!" That's what gave me the idea to repeat what he did. I get a lot of my ideas from other people.

Last edited:

mariolover

Reaction score
I had to give up on the girl I was thinking about dating because she took way too long to plan on dates.

I hit on one of my woman friends, asking her if she would like to go to a movie or a restaurant and she turned me down, saying, "let's do it on campus with a friend."

I invited her to eat at my campus cafeteria, and she said she didn't have a meal plan, so that's when I invited her off campus

Now it’s just hopping from one lady to the next until someone says yes so I can get in a fast relationship with a really nice lady.

I only hit on single ladies.

Can’t mention any names here for privacy reasons.

I hope I don’t get turned down by all of them! Still single and ready to mingle! 🤞🏻

Last edited:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Now it’s just hopping from one lady to the next until someone says yes so I can get in a fast relationship with a really nice lady.
Can I give you some advice, Mario? Try to build relationships of a platonic nature before you jump right into dating. My girlfriend started out as simply my friend. Things blossomed from there. You’d be doing yourself and the person you’re dating a disservice by just jumping in for the sake of wanting a relationship. Take it easy, have some patience, and you’ll reap the rewards later.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is one of the few times I actually agree with David on something. Although I personally have never been in an actual relationship myself, I take matters of the heart very, very seriously, because I know what it's like to have loved and lost (though I don't necessarily agree that it's better than to never have loved at all). A very wise person once said to me true love starts out as friendships, and in the grand scheme of things, that does really work out for the best . . . the further along you go, and things may progress in terms of relationship and feelings, you may find this person becoming a new girlfriend, or maybe even eventually a new wife . . . but beyond that newness will always been an old friend.