New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauregard

Reaction score
:fanatic:: With someone from the original Office to sing along...

(Thought we should segue into discussion of Ricky Gervais as the new "main guy" in the new Muppet movie)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
:fanatic:: "Hey, Kermit, remember that time you guys were on the Tonight Show to promote season 1 of the Muppet show?"
:smile:: "Well, no not exactly. I was on the Tonight Show several times..."
:fanatic:: "Okay, how about the time you guys did the Polaroid commercial at Miss Piggy's house, and Gonzo made fun the food she made... I love that stuff!"
:smile:: "Uh, Walter, frankly I barely remember half of the things we do."
Lol, yeah I can definitely I can see jokes like that working and all. I guess I'm just wary of a repeat of the Elmo situation where the young new character suddenly takes up all the attention, lol.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Guys, I hate to be pessimistic, but I don't think we'll be seeing this movie in 2013. Disney's PR announced their complete 2013 theatrical release roster and The Muppets 2 wasn't listed anywhere. Like I've been saying, I think we'll see this thing early 2014.

Muppetgirl1

Reaction score
Yeah there last on didn't come out for five years I think they're rushing this a bit to much on the muppets and on everyone else who is in it.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I think they are aiming for Christmas time release. If worse comes to worse, it'll be January or February.
In a interview, about a week ago, Bill Barretta said we should expect it around Christmas-time next year. If Bill says it, then I have hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.