New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I think we're worrying about nothing. Next year's Christmas slate is a little crowded and maybe Disney's just waiting to make the final decision. Let's not forget they promised us a Christmas release last time and pushed the release date up a month. These things are fluid. The point is, just days from now shooting on the film will start.

Eight-to-ten weeks of shooting, another three-to-five months of post production and the film will technically be ready. That's around summertime. Studios don't like to hold onto a finished film for very long. It's considered bad luck. So I'd expect 2013 release.

muppetperson

Reaction score
According to Disney Adventures(Aust),Christoph Waltz will play a scary policeman who chases the Muppets all over Europe.There will also be two new Muppets joining the gang.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
oh my god :smile: did they say whether one of the new muppets will be a girl?

muppetlover123

Reaction score
so the news above was the only new stuff in there? and who confirmed it bobin stroller or waltz

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
According to Disney Adventures(Aust),Christoph Waltz will play a scary policeman who chases the Muppets all over Europe.There will also be two new Muppets joining the gang.
I think that was his original role, but they gave the role to the funnier-man, Ty Burrel, after Waltz dropped out.
I'm interested in who the new Muppet is. I hope it's a good one.

It's cool you still get Disney Adventures. I remember that being a good magazine, it's too bad it had to end here in the U.S. and Canada.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I think that was his original role, but they gave the role to the funnier-man, Ty Burrel, after Waltz dropped out.
I'm interested in who the new Muppet is. I hope it's a good one.

It's cool you still get Disney Adventures. I remember that being a good magazine, it's too bad it had to end here in the U.S. and Canada.
theres actully 2!! :smile: and ohh i think that was his role before it got recast

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think we're worrying about nothing. Next year's Christmas slate is a little crowded and maybe Disney's just waiting to make the final decision. Let's not forget they promised us a Christmas release last time and pushed the release date up a month. These things are fluid. The point is, just days from now shooting on the film will start.
I wouldn't mind a 2014 release by any means. If the Christmas slate is crowded, it could easily be buried under all those other films (especially if they have yet another Chipmunk film), and it wouldn't get the time to flourish it needs. After all, the last one was released among 3 other kid's films. it did the best of the three overall, but it stifled its potential. We want all these films to do well so we'll see more films and more consumer goods. I'm sure they'll try for a 2013 release, but if an extra year equals better, more strategic editing, I'd rather wait. I loved the last film and all, but imagine if they made better choices in cutting footage. We don't want very important plot points on the cutting room floor this time.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a 2014 release by any means. If the Christmas slate is crowded, it could easily be buried under all those other films (especially if they have yet another Chipmunk film), and it wouldn't get the time to flourish it needs. After all, the last one was released among 3 other kid's films. it did the best of the three overall, but it stifled its potential. We want all these films to do well so we'll see more films and more consumer goods. I'm sure they'll try for a 2013 release, but if an extra year equals better, more strategic editing, I'd rather wait. I loved the last film and all, but imagine if they made better choices in cutting footage. We don't want very important plot points on the cutting room floor this time.
Why would an extra year yield a better picture or more strategic editing? That makes no sense. They'll have ample time to edit the film with months to spare.

Haven't you always objected to first quarter film releases? I still predict a 2013 holiday release date, but I won't be upset if they push it back. Disney knows what they're doing by way of scheduling. I trust them with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.