The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
But then again, I use YT mainly for seeing original animations, watching old cartoons that are no longer available anywhere, and of course... International cartoon theme songs. Now those are a real treat. And just so we bring this subject back to where it started:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y5lbTpLngCo&feature=related#
Awesomeness!

I love looking at all the international versions of cartoon intros, especially DuckTales.

*gets weird looks*

And I put them on my iPod too! Totally rockin'! :sing: :cool:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Awesomeness!

I love looking at all the international versions of cartoon intros, especially DuckTales.

*gets weird looks*

And I put them on my iPod too! Totally rockin'! :sing: :cool:
Those versions of the theme always have this crappy microphone sound to them. I don't know if that is because of age or what?:eek:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Those versions of the theme always have this crappy microphone sound to them. I don't know if that is because of age or what?:eek:
I think it's how they dub them. I noticed certain dubs of certain shows sound like the background (and theme) music had been re-recorded in that creepy MIDI format that nobody even likes!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I think it's how they dub them. I noticed certain dubs of certain shows sound like the background (and theme) music had been re-recorded in that creepy MIDI format that nobody even likes!
Some midis are good though. Not many, but some. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Do you think the Chipmunks will stay in people's memories, what with the new movie out and all?

As they have one of the most popular Christmas songs in the world, so they'd be in the public's minds for some time. Heck, think of anyone squeaky voiced, Chipmunks come to mind.

Yep. Look what happened to Rocky and Bullwinkle.
I've said multiple times that people were hard on the Bullwinkle film. They got every single detail they could right... but the fact they added that female Spy (who really should have been Captain Peachfuzz in that role) spoiled what would have been an otherwise perfect film. Check out Dudley Do-Right. Snidely is there, and Brendan Frasier did okay... but Sarah Jessica parker's Nell was completely off... and the choice to set it in Modern Day Canada (unlike the turn of the 19th century, which just so happens to have modern things thrown in) cursed the film with such horrid conceptual problems, it just wasn't enjoyable past the first viewing.

Unlike, well, Underdog and Inspector gadget, where the original ideas were burried under kiddy fodder that revolted the fans.

As for the George Cartoon... I don't hate it for being a reimagining, but I HATE it for being like everything else. The only thing Tiffany Ward objected to was the loss of Ape's British Accent. I still would have liked that, if they had to reimagine it, they went with the true original plotline, George being a bungling idiot rich couple's son who was stranded ON PURPOSE in the heart of the African Jungle.

Anyway, :
think it's how they dub them. I noticed certain dubs of certain shows sound like the background (and theme) music had been re-recorded in that creepy MIDI format that nobody even likes!
They do that in the US too, but if you want GOOD French theme songs, check out DIC's early 80's cartoon line up. In fact, i'd say the French versions are even BETTER than their American Counter Parts. The Inspector Gadget theme Actually has lyrics.