The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

Drtooth

Reaction score
Putting copyrighted work on the site violates the copyright policy of the site. That doesn't stop uploaders who do end up putting up copyrighted work, though.

But who watches the uncopyrighted stuff? Most of it is real junk! Any fool with a web cam can act like a mook in front of it, and think they're an instant celebrity. Just like the other three million of these a day.

The funny thing is sometimes the most obscure things get pulled down, while more common stuff stays up for no good reason. I discussed it in another thread.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Any fool with a web cam can act like a mook in front of it, and think they're an instant celebrity.
And a lot of no-talent mooks become celebrities due to their antics.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But who watches the uncopyrighted stuff? Most of it is real junk! Any fool with a web cam can act like a mook in front of it, and think they're an instant celebrity. Just like the other three million of these a day.
Like that gay guy who wants everyone to LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE! ! !

Teheheman

Reaction score
The sad part is that's the reason I filmed my parodies and put them on YouTube. I'm SUCH a dork and/or an idiot.

Daniel

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The sad part is that's the reason I filmed my parodies and put them on YouTube. I'm SUCH a dork and/or an idiot.

Daniel
Not to be the voice of reason here, but being on YouTube or whatever is an easy way of getting noticed, considering how imbedded the site is becoming with the rest of society.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not to be the voice of reason here, but being on YouTube or whatever is an easy way of getting noticed, considering how imbedded the site is becoming with the rest of society.
The problem is, you have to stand out really really hard. it's a wall of no talent goof balls that can use every swear known to mankind in succession, and a few hidden gems. Of course, there are some great animations and animators trying to break through on that site, but are constantly hidden under people filming their kitty cats falling off bookshelves.

But I digress.

I've said this before... I respect copyrights, and I know what they are supposed to be for. And anyone who puts up a movie that's available on DVD or full episodes of recently aired TV shows deserve to get punnished. But if the company is not releasing something, and they refuse to do anything but sit on the license, then maybe they deserve people putting fuzzy, grainy, taped off Television reruns of what they could have shared with the world.

But then again, I use YT mainly for seeing original animations, watching old cartoons that are no longer available anywhere, and of course... International cartoon theme songs. Now those are a real treat. And just so we bring this subject back to where it started:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y5lbTpLngCo&feature=related#

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Do you think the Chipmunks will stay in people's memories, what with the new movie out and all?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Do you think the Chipmunks will stay in people's memories, what with the new movie out and all?
I'm not sure... they COULD be, but it's hard to tell.

All I know is Ross Jr. and Janice Karman both have this obsessive love syndrome; they can't stand the idea of The Chipmunks being out of action for anything (hence why Ross was POed when Universal cheated him), so I think The Chipmunks MIGHT stay in our memories... maybe in a bit more forceful manner than, say, the muppets (whom Jim Henson himself even said that if fans ever get tired of them, then they'll go away).