The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You know? I think I may have sen that before. But I see what you mean.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
JEANETTE: If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
ELEANOR: I hate myself! I hate me, I hate me, I hate me... look at me! I'm just a fat, little harlot, who could love me?
BRITTANY: Hey, you think YOU'RE the ONLY one around here with issues? None of you know what I'm going through, nobody understands me!
JEANETTE: That does it!

*Jeanette whacks Brittany up with a box-cutter*

BRITTANY: AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Oh, that made me feel so alive, do it again!
JEANETTE: No, it's MY turn now!

*Brittany slices Jeanette to shreds*

JEANETTE: The pain... the pain... don't stop!
ELEANOR: Cut my guts out, cut my guts out!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
JEANETTE: If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
That reminds me of the Tickle-Me-Emo sketch from MADTV.

but in all honesty, weather its today's thing or not, i don't think emo chipmunks or chippets is a good message to send. but maybe it'll just turn out they like to just wear clothing like emos. but what do i know, i dont know much about emo culture to really understand it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That reminds me of the Tickle-Me-Emo sketch from MADTV.
Yeah, I was referencing that, lol.
Colbynfriends said:
but in all honesty, weather its today's thing or not, i don't think emo chipmunks or chippets is a good message to send. but maybe it'll just turn out they like to just wear clothing like emos. but what do i know, i dont know much about emo culture to really understand it.
Basically, it's like we've said, Emo is basically a lazy version of Goth, so-to-speak.

I agree, though, The Chipmunk and The Chipettes (like the muppets) usually are good at keeping up with the times, and are always familiar with the current trends, so maybe The Chipettes WILL be Emo, but I just hope they won't be...

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I agree, though, The Chipmunk and The Chipettes (like the muppets) usually are good at keeping up with the times, and are always familiar with the current trends, so maybe The Chipettes WILL be Emo, but I just hope they won't be...
Best to not say that word in front of people who listen to that type of music, or they'll start taking you in to sub gears, LOL!

muppetmania1980

Reaction score
Alvin!

the chipmunks are the coolest rodents around they always will be! i watched them when i was little and now my niece watches them and loves them! i guess what goes around comes around...lol

unclematt

Reaction score
Not all emo kids are cutters. We need to move past that stereotype

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Perspective, I suppose...

I was probably considered emo in my teens and twenties, but personally I never categorized myself as anything. I was more kind of a mix of early David Bowie alternative glam, club boy and goth. It was never about a particular attitude, religion or lifestyle with me, nor was I a poser. I just simply did and wore what I wanted and tried to treat others with respect. :attitude:

What little boxes some put people in and others put themselves in as well. Once we all figure out the only cool kids tables that people either want to join or mock are the ones we create and perpetuate. I don’t see why people can’t just do what they want while allowing others their dignity and right to do so? The words of others hold a lesser impact than they once did. That’s one of the cool parts of getting older – perspective. :wisdom:

I fear the trendyness trend. Whatever makes the Chippettes look good, enduring and works best for the film is what I would prefer - emo or not. Heck, I'd donate my old black lipstick and fishnets if they'd fit! He he. :eek: