The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Lol, who says "supermarket" anymore?

But yesterday? I thought it wasn't supposed to be released until today?

EDIT: Oh wait, I'm a day late, lol, it was April 1 yesterday. What's wrong with my brain today?
I'm a fan of the Clash. :embarrassed:

I just like the sound of the word supermarket. It just screams Frosted Flakes, Tang and colorfully iced pastries to the kid in me. Not that I'd ever eat any of those things today. Ah, nostalgia. When sugar was my favorite food group and googly-eyed monsters didn't eat vegetables! :insatiable:

Telly

Reaction score
GAH! I can't get over how garish the cover is! Jason Lee looks CGI-ish on the cover! IT'S HORRIBLE! I guess I can't get over this just because it was their highest grossing movie last year! I suppose they'll wait for the sequel, but I'm hoping for Christmas re-release!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I still say supermarket, hehe. I've never heard it called anything else. And I would try Best Buy before Wal Mart, lol. But I love Simon too! :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Aw, Simon's more of a nerd than a geek, but people often get the two mixed up. But I guess you have a point... been to FanFiction.Net, there's A LOT of stories focused on Simon and Jeanette, but there's also an increasing number of Alvin and Brittany stories. Poor Theodore and Eleanor, they seem rather under-rated.
Seems like how almost all the Tiny Toon Fans have an unnatural lust errrr... favoritism for Fifi La Fume.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, this is it, I'm going to go hang myself now...

A friend of mine at another forum said she read an article from a movie website saying that for the sequel, plans are being made to make The Chipettes emo! Apparently the whole thing about them being in an orphanage, and the situation with their mother and all leads them to lives of depression and animosity.

Now, I realize that they want the characters to appeal to today's audience... but Emo Chipettes? ! I mean, I can see Brittany going through a phase like that to a degree, but I cannot even begin to imagine Jeanette and Eleanor going emo!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score

A friend of mine at another forum said she read an article from a movie website saying that for the sequel, plans are being made to make The Chipettes emo! Apparently the whole thing about them being in an orphanage, and the situation with their mother and all leads them to lives of depression and animosity.

Now, I realize that they want the characters to appeal to today's audience... but Emo Chipettes? ! I mean, I can see Brittany going through a phase like that to a degree, but I cannot even begin to imagine Jeanette and Eleanor going emo!
Wow! I don't know what to say?:stick_out_tongue:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score

You didn't happen to read that around the first of April, did you? Cause it sounds like an April Fool's joke to me. :wink: I don't know why anything would purposly promote emo characters without it being some kind of joke.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Because "emo" is the new cool, hip trend I guess. I mean, if they wanna put rear-ends in the seats, they gotta figure out who they haven't targeted yet. Emo people seem to be the only logical choice for the $ they haven't got yet. So to make emo characters, would make sense. It would also make sense from a marketing standpoint because you see emo stuff at Hot Topic, you can sell more Chipette stuff at Hot Topic if you make em Emo.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I fail to see what's so "cool" about being dark and depressed and slicing yourself up like cheese while looking like you just got back from a three-day-pass in ****.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I don't either, but look at all the bands that are 'emo' bands. The black fingernail polish being sold the guys, just in general all the people who are like that. I think that these people are trying for THAT market to try and make a lot of money instead of sticking to what works, and sticking to the nostalgia crowd. I'm sure that there are a lot of people out there, especially fans of the show, who would much rather see regular female chipmunks instead of depressed female chipmunks. That's just me, but I'm right.

Daniel