The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Certain things do make good leftover; others don't.

Beef stew makes good leftovers.

Chicken and dumplins or salmon patties don't.

As far as breakfast meats go, I'll take bacon or ham, but definitely not sausage. Blech.

Otherwise, I will say a steak or even a porkchop do actually make a nice combination with eggs.

Some combinations I don't understand the appeal of, such as peanut butter and bananas, or chicken and waffles.

However, I will say that peanut butter and pickles is a surprisingly tasty combination.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To each his own on peanut butter and pickles. My stomach couldn’t even handle peanut butter and celery. It did not sit well at all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, it comes to crunchy veggies, I do not like celery at all.

Ironically, one of my favorite 90s SS animated shorts was the Celery Bunch.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It’s tolerable in small sticks. I mean, celery and ranch or blue cheese? 👍🏻

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm like that with cucumbers or raw carrots and broccoli . . . ranch. Not too much of a fan of bleu cheese.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Ranch rules!
I was skeptical of chicken and waffles myself. When I finally tried it, I was pleasantly surprised.

One pizza chain that never gets mentioned is sbarro. They existed in malls. The pizza was good, not great. Deduct points because it was pre made. They served Italian food too, but I only had their pizza because... it was there.
They were never as big as Domino’s or Pizza Hut, and they had a long decline over the last ten years. As malls are closing, so are they.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
They’re a pizza shop I’ll go to if I’m absolutely hungry, but otherwise I mostly pass. Their breadsticks aren’t even that great either. :smirk:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yeah, it comes to crunchy veggies, I do not like celery at all.

Ironically, one of my favorite 90s SS animated shorts was the Celery Bunch.
As a kid, I loved Ants on a log. That’s a celery stalk with peanut butter and raisins.

Now, I only use celery for soup.
90% of the soups out there, you need carrots, celery, and onions. Even pea soup.