The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Seafood! Everyone has different tastes, to each his own.
As far as seafood restaurants go, three come to mind
Fuzzy Fish 101
Dead Lobster. Used to be better, but the best thing they ever had was their stuffed sole.
Filet of sole stuffed with crabmeat, in a butter white wine sauce. Heaven.

Long John Silver’s. Okay, but everything is deep fried to death.

Arthur Treacher’s. Back in the 70s, they had this combo pack.It came with fish, chicken, the best fries ever, hush puppies, and a corn dog. Something for everybody.
Most of the fish they caught- flounder, cod, haddock, came from off the coast of Newfoundland. Around 1978 there was a severe shortage, and the price of fish went through the roof, almost put Arthur Treacher’s out of business.
They limped back, but nowhere near as good as they used to be.

The biggest change in the last ten years in the fishing industry, instead of fishing off Newfoundland anymore, just about any frozen fish product you buy now is Alaskan pollock.
Cheap and plentiful, so fish can stay affordable.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I love Red Lobster; definitely one of my favorite restaurants. Lobster fest and crab fest are my two favorite promotional periods they have - once you taste real lobster and real crab, you can't go back to the imitation junk they sell in the meat and seafood department at the grocery stores anymore. We used to have something of a Christmas tradition when I was younger: whenever my dad's work would have its annual Christmas party, my parents would bring me back a to-go order of Red Lobster's lobster alfredo . . . yum. I know I'm usually against baked pasta - especially mac n cheese, but I love, love, love Red Lobster's lobster mac n cheese!

Long John Silver's, yeah, they suck . . . and that's another chain that's, thankfully, abandoned my town altogether - they certainly will not be missed. Captain D's used to be pretty good for fast food seafood, but they, likewise, have gone down in quality in recent years. I usually just stick with their fish and shrimp if I ever order anything from them . . . but whatever you do, do not, under any circumstance, get any of their so-called "lobster" items: again, it's that cheap, imitation stuff.

Any Del

Reaction score
I love McDonald's Snack Wraps, French Fries, Big Macs and McNuggets.

Any Del

Reaction score
For seafood, Fish and Shrimp all day.

Crab and Lobster? NOPE! Was able to eat them younger but back in 2018 ate them again and suffered an allergic reaction.

Any Del

Reaction score
However I REALLY LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEE Popeyes Chicken Tenders, Chocolate Beignant Pies, Biscuits, Cajun Fries and their Chicken Sandwich (Spicy and Mild).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My wife and I love Red Lobster too. We tend to go there for our anniversary. They’ve changed hands a number of times. A while back they were owned by a company called Darden (I believe they also owned Red Robin)
A few years back, we went all out and got surf and turf, and our waitress gave us a whole bag of their cheddar biscuits to bring home.
She got one heavy tip.

One poignant thing about the place.
The lobsters in the tank as you walk in. They have no idea what fate awaits them.
Thankfully when you drop them in the boiling water, they don’t feel anything.

Can you imagine going to a steakhouses and seeing a live cow out front?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean if you bake it in the oven at the right temperature the thc should absorb into it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know a lot of you guys hate KFC, but I will say, I think it's one of those places where I think it depends on the specific store location that determines what you'll end up getting.

For example, there's two KFC stores close to wear I live: one's basically down the road from my neighborhood, and the other is a few miles away by a Walmart.

The one by the Walmart is actually really good in terms of both food and service, but the one down the road from me is crap: the staff is mostly high schoolers who can't tell white meat from dark, and don't know that a dozen is twelve . . . then again, that's actually the main problem with all of the fast food joints down this particular main drag in my neighborhood - there's a high school just up the hill from me, so of course, all of these fast food joints employee these high schoolers, who could care less about the jobs they're doing, and believe me, we have a string of them down through here: McDonald's Sonic, Wendy's KFC, Burger King, and Subway.