The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I believe it was a chocolate babka with a hair in it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Cheap as their food is I love McDonald’s buttermilk chicken sandwich. It’s like a big step up to to the Mcchicken sandwich.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
McDonald’s had some big firsts in my lifetime.
In 1976, when I was eight, they introduced breakfast. A few years before, the Egg McMuffin came out (There’s more in the middle of an Egg McMuffin than an egg in the middle of a muffin!), but now you can get pancakes, sausage, hash browns and orange juice for two bucks. That was dirt cheap.

Sundaes, McNuggets, McGriddles, the McRib every so often, it’s all good.

But there were a couple flops. McPizza, McDouble, they even tried spaghetti once.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be honest I’ve never had breakfast from
Mcdonalds. Frankly I think I’ll pass on it.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
To be honest I’ve never had breakfast from
Mcdonalds. Frankly I think I’ll pass on it.
It’s okay. But the very idea you could get breakfast from a burger joint was a big fat hairy deal. It was no passing novelty, since every other fast food joint followed suit.

I’ve tried just about every fast food variation of a meat, egg and cheese sandwich. Many are mediocre, but none are really terrible.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Fast food breakfast sandwiches are terrible, in fact, fast food breakfasts in general are disgusting . . . the eggs are always like trying to eat a dry yellow sponge.

Then again, I've yet to come across any restaurant that can cook eggs correctly . . . scrambled eggs aside (again, like eating a yellow sponge), overeasy or sunny-side up eggs are always overcooked with browned, whiskery edges - vomitrocious!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
If you’re at a chain resteraunt then that’s guaranteed to give you some pretty cheap eggs. Local you may have much better luck.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
At least at McDonald’s, the eggs in the Egg McMuffins are real. McD’s had this special mold made to cook eggs exactly the same. They’re not fried, they’re not poached, but there is a real egg in there.

I know no fast food chain can compare to a real diner or restaurant, but at least there’s IHOP.