What sketches scared you as a kid?

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Y did that cartoon even get made?
Anyway, it’s not one I like either. Every time I watch it, I’m like “What we’re they on when they made this?”

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Y did that cartoon even get made?
Anyway, it’s not one I like either. Every time I watch it, I’m like “What we’re they on when they made this?”
Another dumb sketch was the "K for kitten knittin' a kerchief, kite and polka-dot mitten", and the narrator was repeatedly asking the kitten why she is knitting them, and at the end it was revealed she actually knitted a letter K instead.

I have nothing against that sketch. I kid you not, I do like it. I do remember reading an archived thread about this letter K sketch which was posted many, many, many years ago, and it involved a user criticizing about the redundant information in that cartoon. After going through Muppet Wiki, I don't believe I recall hearing tell of that sketch during much of the 1990s. It definitely wasn't shown in the early 2000s (and it was a pretty old sketch). The closest to the 1990s it may have been shown was on Episode 2619 ("Sleepytime on Sesame Street") aired in November 1989, which is one of HBO Max's offerings. I don't know if that was the final airing of that sketch.

As for the Yuri sketch, I would rather that over "Y for Yawn".

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
And here we are….. the final part of my series. These were certainly fun to make, but I’m happy to conclude it as well. FYI I had to re-record and add some spots, so if some audio bits sound different, that’s pretty much why.

@datman24 Thought you’d be happy to see what I included on number 7. :wink:

datman24

Reaction score
And here we are….. the final part of my series. These were certainly fun to make, but I’m happy to conclude it as well. FYI I had to re-record and add some spots, so if some audio bits sound different, that’s pretty much why.

@datman24 Thought you’d be happy to see what I included on number 7. :wink:
Glad I wasn't the only one who found this slightly unsettling as a kid.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I’m only at #8 right now, but good lord, is Kermit with teeth horrifying!

EDIT: Now I’m at #7. I sure hope for your sake that cartoon never aired in the same episode as NTV.
EDIT 2: Also, I don’t know how popular this opinion is, but I’ve always loved SST’s broccoli puppet.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Coincidentally it also aired before that song in its initial airing (2071).

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Also, here’s a segment that scared me as a kid:
A few thoughts:
  • Those masks horrified me as a kid, and I’m still not fond of them today. I’ve always hated Mardi Gras-styled masks (although I had no problems with the Parade of Numbers series and love the Masked Singer).
  • Between this, Yuri the Yak, Y for Yawn, and the Yakkity Yak cartoon, the letter Y must’ve scarred many SST viewers for life (a shame too, since I love the letter Y and other SST segments about it.).