What sketches scared you as a kid?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
9. I found the beginning half kinda annoying, but the ending did scare me (even though I never saw it in the show).
The only thing that really annoyed me from the skit was Al listing off those J words that had nothing to do with the problem with her J. It felt kind of forced in there as an excuse to show multiple J words.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
When I first saw Wet Paint on the Count it Higher DVD, it was love at first sight. The visuals were great, the song was catchy, and I found How Now Brown obsessing over wet paint at the end hilarious. What can I say, One man’s fear is another man’s pleasure.
That pretty much sounds like me with Danger’s No Stranger. I read some comments that some fans found the video to be too spooky and intense (understandably so), but everything about that video from the dark alleyway, night time setting, floating DANGER words and explosions fascinated me. (The only thing being slightly unnerving for me was the DANGER words changing to bright red, but I can see why it happened with how intense everything was getting).

buzzfan120

Reaction score
OK, confession time. I know this might sound kind of stupid, but please don't make fun of me because it's really not that funny. Anyway, here goes....

When I was little, I had the "Elmo in Grouchland Sing and Play" tape, but I HATED to watch it because I was TERRIFIED of the opera version of "C is for Cookie". My mom figured out very quickly that I didn't want to watch that tape anymore because of the "scary opera lady", so eventually we ended up getting rid of it.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Between this, Yuri the Yak, Y for Yawn, and the Yakkity Yak cartoon, the letter Y must’ve scarred many SST viewers for life (a shame too, since I love the letter Y and other SST segments about it.).
I agree, I may have been a bit scared of the letter Y, but only because of the "Y for Yawn" cartoon. I admit that the moment I saw a letter Y segment during my heyday of watching the show, I instantly changed the channel or devoted the remainder of that hour to other interests.

I also have to admit, I am glad "Y for Yawn" was never shown after 2000, and if I ever saw the show in the 2000s, I would have watched episodes with the letter Y no problem.

Strangely enough, I did download the "Y for Yawn" cartoon, but edited out the tired-sounding mention of Y at the end, replacing it with dead silence, or a recycling of Gary Owens' mention of Y at the beginning, using the magic of Adobe Premiere Pro.

wiley207

Reaction score
That pretty much sounds like me with Danger’s No Stranger. I read some comments that some fans found the video to be too spooky and intense (understandably so), but everything about that video from the dark alleyway, night time setting, floating DANGER words and explosions fascinated me. (The only thing being slightly unnerving for me was the DANGER words changing to bright red, but I can see why it happened with how intense everything was getting).
It was kind of intense, along with the kid falling with his piano (of course since he was a Muppet, he probably only got minor injuries), but it did teach me to recognize the word "DANGER" as a young kid, to the point where even at age four I could read and recognize "DANGER HIGH VOLTAGE" signs on utility transformers and the like. Plus, looking back it's got such a great 80s wave sound. A shame it never had a clean album release...

Sparkina

Reaction score
The sketch about the two criminals stealing the "GOLDEN AN"
(Take the 'Golden AN' and put it in this tan van, Give it to stan, who'll give it to dan, that's the plan)
The part that scared me was when the police-man creeps up on them from the backround shadows - I'd always cover my eyes.
I loved that skit! It was a sendup of gangster movies and heist films. I did wonder, though, why they were wearing cowboy hats. When I was three, four, five, six, gangster hats and cowboy hats looked alike to me