COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As of today, there are 198 confirmed COVID-19 cases in my state, including one that's at one of our local hospitals here in town, and that my elderly next door neighbor had to be turned away from, because she was having surgery on her arm next week, but because of her underlying health problems, they canceled the surgery, so as not to take a chance on her contracting the virus.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is bananas; it's like a nightmare that I still have to process.
There's so much uncertainty, and it seems like with each passing day, whatever news and updates they have about the virus just keeps getting worse and worse. Like, I saw today, some experts are projecting that, even with our best efforts, this pandemic could now last for another two years.

It should also be taken into consideration we're going to be seeing a spike in numbers when it comes to confirmed cases, because the tests are becoming more widely available to the public, so people who may have previously been untested or not diagnosed could be now.

Last edited:

cjd874

Reaction score
There's so much uncertainty, and it seems like with each passing day, whatever news and updates they have about the virus just keeps getting worse and worse. Like, I saw today, some experts are projecting that, even with our best efforts, this pandemic could now last for another two years.
:eek::eek::eek:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
At least here’s something good. A local brewery stopped production of beer. They have all the ingredients to add to alcohol to make sanitizer. Another company donated 10,000 bottles and they’ll give it away when it’s ready.
Like really. Rogers said, look for the helpers.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
And it should be said that for all the bashing big businesses get for corporate greed many of them are paying their employees even though they are closed down and sent home

MWoO

Reaction score
And it should be said that for all the bashing big businesses get for corporate greed many of them are paying their employees even though they are closed down and sent home
Yep. It's actually the smaller businesses that are laying people off, not to say they should be blamed for it. My company, a large retailer that is privately owned, closed down my store before it was mandatory and closed all other stores in the nation to customers and focused on online sales. They are also providing free food to workers so people do not need to go out and eat (especially since in some places they can't go anywhere to eat).

I'm actually quite proud of the measures they have taken. I wish I could say the same for a friend of mine. She works for an airline that refuses to give paid leave. They will give unpaid leave, but that doesn't help people who live pay check to pay check. They also give the leave based on seniority which I don't even understand.

My concern is that my company can only operate so long without being open. Sure, they are trying to figure out what work to give us from home (hard to work from home when you work retail) but nothing we do will mean anything if we aren't open for an extended period of time.