Please Read

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
@dwayne1115 Well it doesn't help that Disney arent doing anything with the muppets but Ed and Phil aren't trying to keep members involved and new members aren't coming in. They should start debates, do competitions and get people talking. The closest thing we got last year was @Old Thunder ranking the muppet productions. And I only time i felt involved in a discussion all year was in the lead up to the Happytime Murders.

People aren't intrested in coming on here as there is nothing to talk about. Ive just returned from a month away cause I was bored, @Froggy Fool hardly comes on anymore and @JimAndFrank hasn't been on here for around 8 months. And when the most popular thread on a muppet forum is politics based something has to change

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I'm going to be a pseudo-pacifist here, and say that we should also take the time to acknowledge that both Phillip and Cindy have a busy life going on right now, what with raising a family and everything, and that we should take that into consideration.

At the same time, however, it's that very reason why Phil really needs to take into very, very much-needed consideration that he bring on additional help around here. An absentee captain and a lonely first mate does not make for a tight ship.

Ed and Phil have other priorities and that is totally understandable but when you run a forum as large as this, they need to devote a couple of hours a day to running the site,updating software,listening to feedback and not just poping in every 3 weeks to go on HensonVille city.

And if that is too difficult for them to devote a few hours a day to muppet central then they need to give it someone who can do that.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Ed and Phil have other priorities and that is totally understandable but when you run a forum as large as this, they need to devote a couple of hours a day to running the site,updating software,listening to feedback and not just poping in every 3 weeks to go on HensonVille city.

And if that is too difficult for them to devote a few hours a day to muppet central then they need to give it someone who can do that.
I'm not sure the forum is as large as one might think. Not sure, but IMHO it is a rather small forum compared to others I have been on. And I think asking them to spend a couple hours a day to running the site, updating the software, listening to feedback, etc. is asking a bit much. With Muppet news and events being just a trickle of what it once was, there really isn't much to update. We also have to keep in mind it is a free site afterall, provided by the goodness of their heart. We don't pay a thing towards it. They still incur the cost of the domain name, a fee for hosting a website and any bandwidth used to name a few.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
but again the problem is that people are getting frustrated by the apparent lack of care of the site. we understand people get busy, but when the admin refuses to do anything about troublemakers and refuses to give the only mod the ability to do so, there's a problem

ed really can't do anything other than delete posts. Sure, he can warn a person, but that warning is meaningless when he can't do anything as punishment to the troublemaker. he doesnt have the power to ban people, and can only delete spam accounts in a certain window of time before he cant even do that anymore

and that right there is what people are upset about. the only mod can't actually mod the site, and the admin doesnt care enough to give him those abilities

we're lucky that we've had minimal problems that haven't needed extreme action but allowing troublemakers to run rampant is no way to run a website

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I'm not sure the forum is as large as one might think. Not sure, but IMHO it is a rather small forum compared to others I have been on. And I think asking them to spend a couple hours a day to running the site, updating the software, listening to feedback, etc. is asking a bit much. With Muppet news and events being just a trickle of what it once was, there really isn't much to update. We also have to keep in mind it is a free site afterall, provided by the goodness of their heart. We don't pay a thing towards it. They still incur the cost of the domain name, a fee for hosting a website and any bandwidth used to name a few.
That’s as may be, but you’re underestimating the size of this place. The number of regulars is larger than on many other forums, and there are a lot of potential members who couldn’t join because of some shoddy blocks for new members no one gave a hoot about fixing two years ago which as far as I know never got totally fixed. We’re not asking Philip to do everything, but to at least do the bare minimum. We’ve sent him requests and complaints for years and the only thing he’s listened to is “oh yes, we’ll keep MC Radio alive for ya”. It may be a free site, but we would like to be heard as well.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
That’s as may be, but you’re underestimating the size of this place. The number of regulars is larger than on many other forums, and there are a lot of potential members who couldn’t join because of some shoddy blocks for new members no one gave a hoot about fixing two years ago which as far as I know never got totally fixed. We’re not asking Philip to do everything, but to at least do the bare minimum. We’ve sent him requests and complaints for years and the only thing he’s listened to is “oh yes, we’ll keep MC Radio alive for ya”. It may be a free site, but we would like to be heard as well.
I would agree that more does need to be done. The home page is usually totally outdated and hardly anything regarding muppet news is posted unless it is a major story that the general news services carry anyway. The smaller muppet appearances and events barely get mentioned. So improvement there is needed. And the forums we are basically left to ourselves. There does need to be some oversight there as well. But asking for a couple hours a day is quite a bit. What exactly is there to do on the site for a couple hours each day? People have to face reality and realize that the Muppets aren't what they once where. The fan base is shrinking and their popularity is fading. Maybe the site is "boring" because of the lack of Muppet news and not necessarily lack of site maintenance or attention.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
But asking for a couple hours a day is quite a bit.
Yeah I don’t quite know where that one came from. Personally, I’d just like a couple updates here and there, some new staff members, and a better reporting system. Doing this wouldn’t be hard and wouldn’t take up any extra time, but Phil is either oblivious or ignoring anything we send him, so...

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I would agree that more does need to be done. The home page is usually totally outdated and hardly anything regarding muppet news is posted unless it is a major story that the general news services carry anyway. The smaller muppet appearances and events barely get mentioned. So improvement there is needed. And the forums we are basically left to ourselves. There does need to be some oversight there as well. But asking for a couple hours a day is quite a bit. What exactly is there to do on the site for a couple hours each day? People have to face reality and realize that the Muppets aren't what they once where. The fan base is shrinking and their popularity is fading. Maybe the site is "boring" because of the lack of Muppet news and not necessarily lack of site maintenance or attention.
I'm just going to add my two cents - I don't think we're asking for "a couple of hours a day" (or at least that's not what I'm asking!), because, as previously stated, Ed and Phil both have lives, and that would be unfair to ask them to devote that much time out of their day to run a forum that may or may not be active that day. What I think we're asking is for them to at least check in once in a while - and not just with "POST YOUR THOUGHTS HERE" or "MC RADIO IS IN DANGER". Actually engage with the members.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
And again, I don’t want any blame to be laid on Ed, because he’s a good mod and doing his best with what he’s been given. But our head administrator is literally acting like a robot and that’s the issue.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
@dwayne1115 Well it doesn't help that Disney arent doing anything with the muppets but Ed and Phil aren't trying to keep members involved and new members aren't coming in. They should start debates, do competitions and get people talking. The closest thing we got last year was @Old Thunder ranking the muppet productions. And I only time i felt involved in a discussion all year was in the lead up to the Happytime Murders.

People aren't intrested in coming on here as there is nothing to talk about. Ive just returned from a month away cause I was bored, @Froggy Fool hardly comes on anymore and @JimAndFrank hasn't been on here for around 8 months. And when the most popular thread on a muppet forum is politics based something has to change
Hum, I'm going up to play devil's advocate for a bit on this and say that what your wanting according to this is not the responsibility of Phill and Ed. If you want a debate/conversation that is also Muppet related Start one on your own. Their job is to make sure the forum stays up and running and secure. They should not be the only ones who start a conversation, or bring "excitement " to the forum.