1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    We will be upgrading our forum software on Saturday May 25. This is a major upgrade that will add many new features and enhance security.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Please Read

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Old Thunder, Dec 31, 2018.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

A lot of people seem to think I should be a mod around here, and it's flattering, but Ed has made it clear that I cannot be a mod on MC, because I've had my share of spats and squabbles with various other members in the past, so that makes me unqualified to be a mod - accordingly, I might show partiality in a sour situation around here.

They want someone with an absolutely flawless record around here to be a mod.

2. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

That's completely unrealistic.

3. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

i dont think theres anyone with a completely flawless record

and like i keep saying. whats the point of having more mods if they have literally no power to do anything except say 'dont do that' and hope someone stops

4. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

It goes back to my point on one thing.

It’s fine that past arguments doesn’t give you the privilege to be a staff member. But having to be on, in their eyes, 24/7 is ridiculous.

5. Sgt Floyd

how much do you wanna bet they wanna dump all the responsibility on the new mod if there is one

Froggy Fool and dwayne1115 like this.
  6. LittleJerry92

Oh, I wouldn't put it past them at this point.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  7. Sgt Floyd

i truly do feel bad for ed though. i dont blame him for not being around much. for one thing it's gotta be hard when you're blind to mod a forum, and then there was that wave of spam bots that we had at one point. and the fact hes been the only mod for years...

that's gotta be insanely tiring

8. D'Snowth

The only person I've ever felt was most qualified to be a mod around here was Beauregard, but he's not even here anymore - he's among the countless "old-timers" who just eventually moved on from MC and the drama that was plaguing it after 2009. Otherwise, he was regularly active, and had perhaps the closest thing to a flawless record around here as opposed to anybody.

Fragglemuppet likes this.
  9. LittleJerry92

10. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

It’s been over a week since this thread was posted and nothing has changed, no one has responded - nothing. So, to all those who would like a forum with an interactive staff team and more available options for said staff team, we have set up one. It’s been under wraps for a while, but I feel that the time has come to make its official announcement. You can access the forum here.

11. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I'm joining it.

12. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Looks good, but just a couple of things...
    Muppet Central, as it exists now, has been around since 2002. I'm not saying it's age is an excuse for the issues we're having now, but I am saying that something like this takes a lot of work. You may have the best of intentions now, but 15 years from now, things might be quite different.
    Also, if this new forum is going to wind up being just a place to bash MC, I won't be sticking around. Even though it's having problems, the fact is I've been on MC since 2005 and lurking before then, I have a lot of good memories here, consider it my home away from home, and am still holding out hope for it.
    Other than that, I wish you luck with it, and am lookin forward to joining!

13. Sgt Floyd

Here's the thing. it should never have gotten to the state it's in. If it was just given love instead of more or less abandoned, then we wouldnt be complaining now.

None of the pages have been updated in years. Yes, it takes effort, but phil has been actively BLOCKING all attempts at making it better. He alone cannot write articles, but he also wont let anyone else write the articles either.

Yes, things time time, but it also takes effort. Something phil is not doing. Yes yes busy with his own life blah blah. no one is holding that against him. it's the fact he's refusing to accept help that's whats bothering people

Froggy Fool, Any Del, gavry3 and 2 others like this.
  14. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new forum. But, and maybe it's just me, but I find it kind of, um, (what's the polite word I'm looking for here?) unclassy to promote a website here that is in essence a competitor to MC.

15. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

:eek: The Muppets, Episode IV: A Forum Divided

16. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

I dunno. Its not really competition. I belongbto both Tough Pigs and Muppet Central. They arent competing in my mind. I go to which ever is most active. Tough Pigs tends to be up on news, and this forum tends to be better suited for none muppet talk, oddly enough.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  17. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll come around to it, but it's gonna be kinda tasking to visit two Muppet forums per day.

18. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I already got started over on the other forum by creating some new SS threads.

19. D'Snowth

Actually, MC and TP seem to have always had a friendly rivalry going on all these years/

20. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

No worries as far as that goes. I too love MC and the friends I've made on the forums, and my apprehension with the way its run comes from a love of it. Being a member of the new forum doesn't mean you have to leave MC or vice versa; right now it's a forum for people to come together but with some extra options that MC can't deliver on.

Fragglemuppet and Blue Frackle like this.