1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    We will be upgrading our forum software on Saturday May 25. This is a major upgrade that will add many new features and enhance security.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31, 2019.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Please Read

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Old Thunder, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

Bingo. This is exactly why I was hesitant about starting this in the first place, given that some people can jump on it and take it all the way to 11 in their procedure. All I want is more involvement and more care for the membership, but to say that we deserve this stuff is taking it too far. At the end of the day, if I really dislike MC, I can go out and start my own Muppet site; I don't deserve more stuff on here by any means.

2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well that I can totally get behind! I do have a question though, can you define what you mean by more membership care? Because maybe I'm just not seeing or hearing things that you are.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  3. Old Thunder

We've been asking for action taken against certain members, no time limit on editing, and stuff like that for years now, and nothing happened. It would be one thing to be told "no", but Philip hasn't said... anything. That's what I'd like, personally. Just someone who can step out of the shadows and address the issues. That's... all.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  4. dwayne1115

Ahh I completely understand now, and apologize for any aggression I may have shown. I agree with you on all of those issues, and without stepping on anyone's toes I would imagine that those features would have to do with the forum software thus making those changes a challenge. Have you tried private messaging?

5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

This is why I mentioned a while back that we should take into consideration that Phil and Cindy's family life is playing a significant factor in their lack of involvement with MC . . . but that, at the same time, it's because of that they should seriously considering bringing on additional help around here, and not just expect Ed to do everything himself.

MC is a sizable forum, but it's hardly the biggest there is . . . nor, is it the smallest there is, either. It's just big enough that it's developed an actual virtual community of people, and all communities need leadership.

6. dwayne1115

Agreed when I started the forums we had 4 to 5 mods now we really only Have two.

7. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

I've decided to stay out of it now on muppet central. I've said everything I wanted to say and I hope @The Count and @Phillip do the right thing

8. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

I swear there was once a notice about the first Diamond Select wave on the main page.

The 2000s was also a different time for forums; they were everything. If people are posting about their collections or customs, it's now on Twitter, FB, etc. So much great merchandise was released for nostalgic properties in the 2000s, like the Simpsons World of Springfield figures; it was really a great/different time for stuff like that.

Is there really an obvious candidate Phil could entrust right now? I'm thinking D'Snowth if anyone, but I still don't get what everyone is whining that the mods need help with. All of this really came out of nowhere to me.

But that seems right to me. Do we really need more? There was probably twice the activity back then, hence twice the mods.

MuppetsRule likes this.
  9. Old Thunder

What mods need are more powers to actually do things.

10. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Personally, I can be accepting of the fact that a user with a history of getting into arguments with other users doesn’t give them that privilege to be a staff member. However, “not being active enough” is where I draw the line.

If you’re at least willing to lurk the forum once a day then that’s good enough. But to me, their expectations are “they have to be on 24/7” which is a bit too much.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  11. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

So many ideas here, but I'll try to keep this short and sweet. I haven't been here a lot lately, so I'm sure there's a lot I haven't seen. Also, I know nearly nothing about the technical aspect, so if people say the problem is Ed not having enough power, or that the software is causing problems, I'm not going to argue. But I have noticed that he and Phil do seem to be a bit absent lately. I'm not meaning to complain here, only site examples. It used to be that when I returned here after an absence, Ed would be one of the first to notice and say hi. I came back last month, and have been here a handful of times in an attempt to be a regular member again, and I haven't seen him once. Yes, that includes looking at the list of online members. Also, I sent Phil a message at least a year ago about some songs for MCR, and no response. Again, not a huge deal, but it does speak to the lack of a presence or involvement that others here are talking about. This thread has been around since the end of last month, and there was a time when it would've been promptly addressed, and then either locked or deleted.

There's a lot I don't know though, and I'd say the same goes for a lot of people here. So at this point, my request is quite simple. Just talk to us! Family life is taking all your time? You've had some personal emergency demanding your attention lately? You're busy doing behind-the-scenes stuff we have no idea about? Finding this all too much work and thinking of throwing in the towel? Tell us! You don't have to go into all the gory details that are none of our business; just give us something to go on! First, to let us know that you're there and that you hear us, and second, to let us help you if you need it. We're reaching out to you. Please reach back out to us, and we'll take it from there.

12. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better myself. I haven't been as active on here recently.

13. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

But end of day, both Ed and Phil are doing their best on making MC better.

14. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

debatable

Froggy Fool and BlakeConor14 like this.
  15. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

Doing one's best and obtaining results are two different things. One can try really hard to accomplish something, but at the end of the day either it was accomplished or it wasnt.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  16. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Lack of updating going into the main MC site is one of the main reasons why Ryan launched the Mindset in the first place - particularly, since MC used to be more open to fan-generated content, such as reviews, interviews, and other similar articles . . . it eventually got to a point where Phil wouldn't even accept those anymore, so the Mindset was launched as an outlet for more of those fan-generated reviews and interviews and such.

Froggy Fool and LittleJerry92 like this.
  17. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

With the departure of Ryan, the mindset has gone in a spiral direction personally.

18. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

if doing your best means keeping the site running but having absolutely no communication with your members and completely ignoring them when they need help, then ok

19. Old Thunder

Ed is doing his best, Phil isn’t.

20. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Truth.

dwayne1115 likes this.