The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

mr3urious

Reaction score
Then again, the Oscars infamously haven't always been kind to animated films (*cough cough* Wreck-It Ralph and The Lego Movie), so I guess it's not too surprising.
And Happy Feet, a jukebox musical that was mediocre at best, won an Oscar. :rolleyes:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I have no plans of seeing either Norm of the North or Sausage Party, two of the worst looking animated movies (in my opinion) of 2016. Norm of the North because it's from the creators of Alpha and Omega (that alone ruins it for me), also the fact that the trailer was mostly fart and burp jokes, and The Black Critic Guy's review of it are enough of to make me want to skip it. Sausage Party because I hear it's extremely gross and vulgar, I for one have trouble watching EXTREMELY awkward sexual scenes in movies and TV shows (especially when it's intended to be comedic) because they really gross me out (I can take blood and gore, but that kind of sexual thing makes me sick) that combined with the fact that it has FOOD SEX in it (which is beyond disgusting!), I think I'm going to stick to the year's better movies like The Secret Life of Pets, Zootopia, and hopefully Moana (which I'm looking SO MUCH forward to seeing, :big_grin:).

Luke kun

Reaction score
I hope to see Moana when it comes out, though I might save the "seeing films on release date" thing for Rogue One.

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
WHO SAW THE CARS 3 TRAILER IT LOOKS SICK
Ugh. Makes use of a few modern trailer cliches (pounding beat and cuts to black before sudden loud scenes)...

...and this is for yet another Cars movie! Sheesh.

FraggleFrick

Reaction score
Mars needs Moms, Strange Magic... Foodfight... I got a few. Bad CGI films are like memes. You can't avoid them...

Luke kun

Reaction score
WHY ON EARTH IS MY SKYWALKER-CHAN IN RAPSITTIE STREET KIDS
Even Luke in the Star Wars Holiday Special was better. That mascara made him look KAWAII.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
They've been planning that for a while, actually. Hopefully we see Gru and his daughters take the focus once more.
Agreed. Minions was terrible, and the plot was really dull.
I have no plans of seeing either Norm of the North or Sausage Party, two of the worst looking animated movies (in my opinion) of 2016. Norm of the North because it's from the creators of Alpha and Omega (that alone ruins it for me), also the fact that the trailer was mostly fart and burp jokes, and The Black Critic Guy's review of it are enough of to make me want to skip it. Sausage Party because I hear it's extremely gross and vulgar, I for one have trouble watching EXTREMELY awkward sexual scenes in movies and TV shows (especially when it's intended to be comedic) because they really gross me out (I can take blood and gore, but that kind of sexual thing makes me sick) that combined with the fact that it has FOOD SEX in it (which is beyond disgusting!), I think I'm going to stick to the year's better movies like The Secret Life of Pets, Zootopia, and hopefully Moana (which I'm looking SO MUCH forward to seeing, :big_grin:).
My sister loves Sausage Party, and I would have trouble watching it too, since I hate things which have sex and violence in it. I guess the award voters, whom are mostly 50-somethings, would be shocked at the film, too. Norm of the North, on other hand, will never be nominated!
WHO SAW THE CARS 3 TRAILER IT LOOKS SICK
Pixar: Hey kids, did you like it when we killed off your favorite Inside Out character, Bing Bong?
Kids: Yeah!
Pixar: Well then, how about we kill a main character this time?
Kids: COOL!
Woah, Pixar, your logic is really weird.
Here's another bad CGI student film that looks like Last Flight of the Champion: