The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Luke kun

Reaction score
Still tho, as if a zillion companies wouldnt want there characters in a flagship holiday Disney film? C'mon
Flagship holiday... and that, my friend, is why this exists. Just looking at it... that's gotta be Accidental Innuendo. You can clearly see TOM's *** at points. Ohhhhh shiznit... *nosebleeds* Even though it's Adult Swim, Toonami was a kids block way back when, and now to see fanservicey focus on TOM... I'm actually kinda happy they have psuedo-fanservice. I mean, CGI jiggle physics on TOM's backside there when he's playing the game! And that's why Steven Blum is a perfect voice for robot characters.
Dino Time just wasn't enough for him, was it? :rolleyes:
And Norm of the North... *shudders* I mean, Polar Sh*t is a better title. From Taylor Swift's "wigga" song in the trailers, to a character becoming famous for FROGGING TWERKING, I am glad my mom and my brother went to see The Force Awakens instead of this sack of Antarctic bullcrap.
I also went to see Peanuts with my family this past November. I had to see the crappy Norm trailer with the wigga song. At least most of the other trailers were Star Wars related. This is also where I told my family my favorite SW character was RX-24, and on the ride home from the theater, I finally confessed to my family, after about a year of hiding it from them, that I liked Tron.
At least with the crappy Studio Brinqo movies, you at least get to hear Mike Pollack (Dr. Eggman) and Eric Stuart (80% of characters in anything 4Kids used to dub) instead of Rob FREAKING Schneider. I apologize.
Latin-accented Meta Knight. Twelve year old me was stunned. That voice was pretty much Countershade before Mighty No. 9 was released.
Unless they're somehow animating these on computers from 1994, there is no excuse for the overall look. This doesn't even look polished enough to be an amateur project.
At the very least, it'd look like a season 1 ReBoot episode if it were animated on a 1994 computer. So how about 1979?!
they can even sell Cotton Candy flavored Yogurt
Holy shiznit on a bun, I used to eat that yogurt for breakfast when I was twelve! Then I switched to Frozen themed yogurt... I used to eat Dora the Explorer yogurt when I was little, and again when I was thirteen, although not as much as Frozen. Now I don't even eat anything anymore, I just take an ADHD pill with water.
I blame the fact that toy companies hate female protagonists in boy's cartoon...well... unless they're Playmates or Hasbro (as of late, anyway)... You know what? Okay. Mattel. This is squarely aimed at Mattel. There was no way they were going to touch an Avatar sequel toy line starring a female character when they refused to make any of the existing female Avatar characters toys. And, frankly, it was a more grown up cartoon than what's usually on their network. They even manged to run some of it on Teen Nick at one point. Sucks that they mangled the airing of the show, but at least they gave it a fitting ending. Especially since Nick really doesn't know what to do with their cartoons half the time. Still waiting on season 3 of TUFF Puppy to air, guys. They just ran the last episode of the series and the heck with it. I do not begrudge Spongebob another movie. Rugrats had 3 at this time (well, 2 and a half). And like I always say... Japan- famous cartoons get an annual movie, and almost every series gets one film, even if it's a short 40 minutes and under. If we did things their way, we'd be on the 10th Spongebob Movie at least by now.
Not to mention, Amon's voice was hot. Well, he was voiced by Steven Blum (aka TOM), but daaaaaaayum.
Oh dear! Sounds like it would've been worse than Fly Me to The Moon 3D! Not to mention that it sounds like many of those cheesy cartoons that were made back in the 70's, stuff like Casper the Friendly Ghost accompanying two Charlie's Angel-wannabes IN SPACE!, or the Partridge Family in the future or even the Happy Days characters travelling through time. At least those had the excuse that hordes of concerned parents demanded that cartoons be devoid of violence or even conflict at the time, and even the people at Hanna-Barbera didn't like making these.
That Happy Days cartoon was gonna be a Doctor Who cartoon. If it were, I would want to see that.
"Well, they weren't "plans" so much as "pie-in-the-sky dreaming with absolutely no grounding in what we call reality"
Like the things they used to say about me on TV Tropes.

That ReBoot sequel series... it's gonna be live-action and CGI. Like a bad version of Cyberchase combined with Power Rangers and a crappy version of that Sailor Moon pilot. At least Megabyte will be in it-- wait no Bob?! I. HATE. YOU.

Luke kun

Reaction score
Sorry to post again, but I actually want to remake Rapsittie Street Kids: Believe in Santa. With regular, non-CGI animation, better dialogue, better voice-acting, and maybe a few ReBoot references, as after all, that had better CGI than what this special was.

But then again, I really want to make my Otaka Mega Man Shorts holiday specials a thing. OMMS is going to be on YouTube only, while we should at least try to make the new version of BiS onto TV.

Luke kun

Reaction score
I'm gonna see Doctor Strange with my friend tonight (it's opening night!!! :big_grin:) and I hope this does better than Trolls, or as I like to call it, "Bringing Back Something That Hasn't Been Relevant In 20 Years: The Movie". BTW, I haven't seen a movie on opening night before, my brother is going to see Doctor Strange with his friends tonight too, and AFAIK he saw The Force Awakens with my mom a day before it came out, and this is the first time I'm seeing a movie on opening night and it's all :smile: here.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Kids won't care if something is 20 years old and supposedly irrelevant. Especially if the fad was well before that in the 60's. All they know is that they're bombarded by movie trailers, toy lines, toy, cereal, yogurt, and Happy Meal commercials and that this movie wants them to go see it and buy as many Troll slapped on things as possible. If kids fall for it and go to the movie, it's on them. But it's also a case of the movie being made for them. Sure, it sucks Kubo wasn't a huge mainstream hit, even with a Burger King promotion (that went unadvertised, mind you), but if you're five what would you rather see? A bunch of jumpy, happy, candy colored cartoon characters, or a quiet, subdued movie that's depressing as heck? Kubo was a great film, just one you're not going to walk out smiling from.

And keep in mind, candy colored smurf knockoffs dominated a decade of television to the point where if you weren't a toy commercial, Smurf knockoff, or classic cartoon character being upstaged by a generic one dimensional personality having offspring, the networks wanted nothing from you. So I have a personal dislike of what they're doing. The entire movie feels like it's an "edgy" remake of an especially trachealy forgotten 80's cartoon. Though, at least they didn't say "let's make them run around New York because Chipmunks."

Luke kun

Reaction score
Yeezus H Cristo, McDonalds is doing a Trolls promotion. I got a silver one with a pencil. And a small book thing. So I wrote in it, "you guys are trolling" and left it on the floor. We were discussing the movie, too, and apparently the dolls were bigger in size in the 60s? I don't catch up on ancient fads that often, and I don't understand why people would want to collect toys that are naked.

Still hoping Doctor Strange beats it at the box office. That was a kickarse movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Quick question.

Did anyone actually like the movie "Everyone's Hero?" Caught a minute of it since CN oh so had to run the darn thing.

Freaking movie looks like it was supposed to be DTV, even made back about 10 years ago. And it was just (from the couple minutes I actually bothered watching) a loose collection of everything that was wrong with kid's CGI films done poorly.

Suffice to say, Trolls looks brilliant by comparison.

Luke kun

Reaction score
Quick question.

Did anyone actually like the movie "Everyone's Hero?" Caught a minute of it since CN oh so had to run the darn thing.

Freaking movie looks like it was supposed to be DTV, even made back about 10 years ago. And it was just (from the couple minutes I actually bothered watching) a loose collection of everything that was wrong with kid's CGI films done poorly.

Suffice to say, Trolls looks brilliant by comparison.
And Raven Symone is in it too!

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
Sorry to derail the subject here, but (once again, on the off chance that some people here haven't yet noticed) both The Secret Life of Pets and Sausage Party, of all films, are being considered for the Oscars.

Then again, the Oscars infamously haven't always been kind to animated films (*cough cough* Wreck-It Ralph and The Lego Movie), so I guess it's not too surprising.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Speaking of Raven, did any of you hear that she's leaving The View to work on a That's So Raven spin off?
Sorry to derail the subject here, but (once again, on the off chance that some people here haven't yet noticed) both The Secret Life of Pets and Sausage Party, of all films, are being considered for the Oscars.
I don't think those are bad films at all, but definitely not Oscar worthy, unless of course it's for something like Best score or for the animation itself.