Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Well, I finally saw MMW...in Spanish filmed by someone inside a theater, so the quality wasn't perfect (though not terrible either). Eh, better than nothing I guess, but I was able to make out what was going on pretty much. I downloaded a torrent of the soundtrack earlier but swore to not listen to it until after seeing the movie.

My thoughts and observations based on what I saw:

* The Spanish voice actors: All I have to say is I prefer the Plaza Sesamo Kermit than the one here, because the former sounds freakin' hilarious (I know Oscarfan has some Plaza Sesamo videos with Kermit on his channel, you can check them out here: http://www.youtube.com/user/MarshalArchibaldo/search?query=rene). Piggy sounds like she's voiced by a man. Gonzo to me sounds like a high-pitched Sonic the Hedgehog (the AOSTH incarnation).

* "I did not hit her! It's not true, its b-------! I did not hit her. (throws bottle on the ground) I did not naht!" Oh hai, Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga!

* I hear Dominic Badguy mentioning One Direction, U2 and Cirque du Solei (sp?) when he first meets the Muppets.

* What do you suppose Carl's sitting in jail for? Did he eat someone he wasn't supposed to eat? (Since when was there a law against eating other Muppets?)

* Nice to see the yellow Hugga Wugga creature pop up during "I'll Get You What You Want"

* Glad that they kept the Newsflash clip in the final film.

* The scene where Fozzie, Walter and Animal scream after realizing Constantine had been posing as Kermit the whole time, and nobody cares: :laugh:

* "I really need this job! Please God, I Need This Job!"

* Oh, look at the bouncing baby...figs? pogs? progs?

* Bobby Benson. I always knew there was something about him I couldn't trust.

* Aw, look at Sam and the Inspector crying and hugging each other.

* Who was the guy that was locked in the porta-potty until the end only to be shoved back in there?

Overall, I liked what I've seen. Now, if only I can find the English version...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
* Who was the guy that was locked in the porta-potty until the end only to be shoved back in there?

Overall, I liked what I've seen. Now, if only I can find the English version...

That was Josh Grobin; and it wasn't a port-o-John, it was a prison sweatbox.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that the MMW trailers are airing on MCR along with the songs from the soundtrack, there's one of the Twitter comments that makes me laugh the most.

Ihearthorses says: "This comes out on my birthday, squee." Sideways winkyface.
Constantine: "Nailed it."

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I don't remember this....

* "I did not hit her! It's not true, its b-------! I did not hit her. (throws bottle on the ground) I did not naht!" Oh hai, Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga!
WHERE is this from?

BTW--did anyone else find it funny when Piggy said in an interview that Constantine's mole was "hot." Kermit was rather put out....

piggyinmanhatte

Reaction score
I sat through the whole credits. I noticed that in the copyright credit for the use of a Sesame Street clip, it actually said "characters and elements trademark of Sesame Workshop". It could have just noted Sesame Workshop as owner of the clip, since Kermit was the only character in that clip (it wasn't a clip with Kermit and Grover or Kermit and Elmo, for example). And it actually listed a copyright date for that clip (1974).
If I remember correctly from Jim's recent biography, Disney bought the rights to only the Muppets and not Sesame Street; ergo, they'd need to credit the Children's Television Workshop/Sesame Workshop. It's probably not for Kermit, but the setting, the script, the airing rights, things like that.

piggyinmanhatte

Reaction score
I personally thought this was the best Muppet movie in a long while, hearkening back to the feel of the original three. The best and most fantabulous bit is that - my pig is back! Eric Jacobson has FINALLY gotten the voice perfect ("Something So Right" sounds so close to her line in "Saying Goodbye" from MTM) and Bobbin and Stoller have completely captured her essence and the Piggy that we love - of course she would know that something was off with the frog, and YES! The righteous Piggy anger when she wallops Constantine! She is rightfully back to what she was always meant to be - and definitely back from that horrid turn in "Letters to Santa".
Her number with Celine - I too expected her to be like, "Hey, this is my song, honey" - but it actually makes sense that if she wanted to sing 4 or 5 of her songs, that she's likely a big fan. And the pig is smart enough to respect a diva whose magnitude matches her own; ergo, she'd allow her to sing on her big solo. :smile:
And of course I LOVED the "little pink frog and a green piggy" and the two growing old. I geeked out all over the place. It was beautiful and perfect. :smile:
I loved all the nods to their international audience - the Los Muppets theme, Russian "Together Again", and my personally favorite, the German nods - Til Schweiger as a cop (he's an acclaimed actor and director in Deutschland) and Christoph Waltz making an appearance (though truly, "Evil Frogge!" should've been "Böse Frosche" but I'll let it slide. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
@piggyinmanhatte:
You can contact Phillip, the forum administrator, and ask him to help change/correct your user name to "piggyinmanhattan" or "PiggyinManhattan" or "PiggyInManhattan".

@Ruahnna:
Sorry I can't answer your question Aunt Ru. Maybe it's from one of the many interview videos which I haven't seen given the sheer volume of their online posted nature.

FraggleLover130

Reaction score
I honestly didn't like this movie. I went to see it with my friend last night and it just wasn't the Muppets I know and love. Statler and Waldorf all had lame jokes, and I laughed maybe three times during the course of the movie. I loved the Muppets that came out in, 2011. They were funny, original, and completely clever. I laughed, and even cried a bit.
I just wasn't impressed with Muppets Most Wanted. I had to come home last night and watch something else, just to prevent the angry rants that I was tempted to send to the director. The jokes were cheap, the movie clearly wasn't thought out enough, and it was all just Disney's sad attempt to make money off of the Muppet name. I love the Muppets like family, and no one, I repeat, NO ONE messes with my family.

I apologize for my cynicism by the way, I recognize that most of you loved it and I don't mean to ruin it for you, I was just posting my opinion.