Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
All I gotta say is there better be a slew of deleted scenes on the DVD/bluray release!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I
Know what no one has commented on? The Monsters U short.

Now, I loved MU, but felt that there was too much to put into a single 90 minute film. A series of shorts and TV specials really would help flesh out the new characters, and I'm glad we got this thing. It really feels like this should have been in the movie, but was cut for time. More like this, please.

I can't help but think if they at least marketed the movie as "free bonus Monsters U short" we would have had a bigger attendance number. At least there would be "Only here for Godzilla" types buying tickets.
Here's the only problem I saw with the MU short-the ending of the actual Monsters Universityeams that-despite the awesome pledge party, none of those monsters ever pledged. We already KNOW who pledged because we know who was with them when...um...when the movie ended. (Don't want to spoil for anyone who didn't see yet.) there is a problem in writing yourself into a box by doing such a definitive ending.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't seen MU yet and I rully should. But aren't frat parties full of pledged brothers/members, rushes looking to become pledges during the ensueing year, recruits, and just plain everybody who crashes?
The way the party devolved it became that, a party that everyone hears about and ends up crashing, not unlike what happened at the The Frogs' home in a particular fic I love I could cite. Heck, we've had a couple of those over the years.

That makes me think... I wonder if anyone will end up using MMW as fic fodder anytime soon. :fanatic:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I

Here's the only problem I saw with the MU short-the ending of the actual Monsters Universityeams that-despite the awesome pledge party, none of those monsters ever pledged. We already KNOW who pledged because we know who was with them when...um...when the movie ended. (Don't want to spoil for anyone who didn't see yet.) there is a problem in writing yourself into a box by doing such a definitive ending.
Yeah, but that's why they stole the party.

Seriously, we need more mid-story shorts and specials to flesh out the things that couldn't fit into the film.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I

No one really said this story took place after the last movie ended anyway. They really initially wanted to have something of this sort in the movie, but it was cut, so they made it into a short, but this short really could've taken place DURING the movie, at a part in their lives that we haven't seen.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
No one really said this story took place after the last movie ended anyway. They really initially wanted to have something of this sort in the movie, but it was cut, so they made it into a short, but this short really could've taken place DURING the movie, at a part in their lives that we haven't seen.
Trying not to spoil here, but we KNOW it didn't happen after. It COULDN'T have-remember? (Think about the ending of the movie.) MY point was that it couldn't happen DURING because we KNOW ALL the members of OK at the end of the movie. Follow me now? It's sort of like when Disney wanted to make more stories with the castle inhabitants in Beauty and the Beast-but since they all became HUMAN again, they only managed one Christmas story.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Fright, and that had Tim Curry as Forte the castle's pipe organ as the villain.
*Watches :oops: drive the train backwards, dragging the thread off-topic. :zany:
*Further wonders how Rainbow Productions could get MMW greenlit when they're financiers for Fozzie's Angels are breathing down their necks or collars or whatever.
:concern: I'll go get Marty.
:shifty: I'll go get Mabel.
:rolleyes: I'll go get the showgirls, mehehehe.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Trying not to spoil here, but we KNOW it didn't happen after. It COULDN'T have-remember? (Think about the ending of the movie.) MY point was that it couldn't happen DURING because we KNOW ALL the members of OK at the end of the movie. Follow me now? It's sort of like when Disney wanted to make more stories with the castle inhabitants in Beauty and the Beast-but since they all became HUMAN again, they only managed one Christmas story.

*************SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!**************

Well, it could've taken place after the movie too. Just becuase Mike and Sulley were expelled doesn't mean they couldn't step back onto MU grounds. Oozma Kappa could have easily thrown a fraternity party after Mike and Sulley left, and invited the two especially due to their popularity after the door explosion.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I forget, but did Constantine propose to Piggy at the end of the Madrid show or was there an actual show with a distinct act when the gang went to Dublin?

It was during Piggys song at the Dublin show