Your Thoughts: The Muppets Character Encyclopedia

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but my blind batty eyes don't let me see what you posted above. But going by Spanish accentuation rules, it should be "Pepe". The phonetic stress emphasis is on the first of a two-syllable word, which means you then look to the last letter of the second of the two-syllable word. If it ends in a vowel, an "n", or an "s", then no accent is required. Unless you need to brake the dual vowel diphthong for phonetic reasonings, turn a one-syllable word into a two-syllable word like "maíz" (corn) or "raíz" (root).

*Leaves guava filled muffins. :hungry:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Actually, the Frackles get a page to themselves, but only JG, Green Frackle, and Blue Frackle are mentioned. But, hey, it's better than nothing.

Really? I keep looking at the content listing page on Muppet Wiki and Frackles is not listed. I guess it might be an oversight.

And by Green Frackle, it is Gloat, right, and not the one that's also known as Green Scoff (that characters design was labeled "Green Frackle", but was actually called Green Scoff in a Muppet Show Annual) or the green one that looks like a green version of Boppity (the Blue Frackle)?

I'm sort of surprised Mo Frackle isn't included. He's been used in a lot of productions in the last few years, after being absent for a long time after his initial appearances on Family Feud in 2001.

I decided to count the pages and characters. It looks like there are less than 150 pages (but I don't know what all is two or more pages, and as you said there are "filler" pages which I guess aren't listed on the wiki page). Then I counted all characters, including pairings, and I counted either 202 or 204 characters (I should have said this right away when I started posting). That includes five Clodhoppers, eight Muppaphone (even though there's usually only six, but their first appearance had eight), five members of the Muppets Tonight band, eight members of Geri and the Atrics (including Geri's replacement and the false teeth), three Mutations, five Moopets (assuming Foozie is included), two Snowths, four Fazoobs, three Leprechauns, three Hobos, and I even counted both Robin and Tiny Tim separately (I probably shouldn't have, but the book does include him in the Cratchet Children page), but there are groups I counted only once, like Chickens, Penguins, Lobsters, and Muppet Food.

Looking at the list, I see now that Muppy is actually included. I didn't see it before.

I'm surprised '80s Robot is not in this. '80s Robot does appear in Muppets Most Wanted, which the book apparently gives a lot of focus to when it comes to characters who appear in that movie (if there's a second edition maybe it should focus less on MMW). It does include the Hobos, after all.

galagr

Reaction score
And by Green Frackle, it is Gloat, right, and not the one that's also known as Green Scoff (that characters design was labeled "Green Frackle", but was actually called Green Scoff in a Muppet Show Annual) or the green one that looks like a green version of Boppity (the Blue Frackle)?
Yes, those are the ones I'm talking about. Although, in the book, JG is referred to as "Jade green hunchbacked Frackle", Gloat is referred to as "Grumpy green Frackle", and Boppity is referred to as "Bolshy blue Frackle".

I decided to count the pages and characters. It looks like there are less than 150 pages (but I don't know what all is two or more pages, and as you said there are "filler" pages which I guess aren't listed on the wiki page).
Well, this book is actually a bit complicated when it comes to that schtuff. Kermit's Introduction isn't until page nine (the pages before are just title pages, introductory pages, etc.), and the actual characters don't start until page 12. The character pages end at 192, and the rest are acknowledgements, farewells, index, etc. So that's an extra 19 pages right there.

What I meant by "filler pages" was that spread throughout the book, there are a few two page spreads of screenshots from MMW, as well as more two page spreads for certain main characters. I count nine, which adds up to 18 pages. That's 18 other characters they could've added right there.

So that's 37 pages, which adds up to about 187 so far, and the 13 left out are just random/assorted/who cares pages.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
After going through the list at Muppet Wiki's article again, there's no listed mention of "Frackles". Mayhaps that's an oversight, is the Frackles group page just before George the Janitor's page?

Also, the only other character exclusively from MMW besides Constantine to have been included were the Leprechauns, who apparently serve as security guards for something or other.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing I wonder: With a lot of new information given to existing characters, and this book's lack of behind-the-scenes information, I wonder if any errors in the book (besides listing incorrect first appearances for characters, if there are any errors on first appearances) would count as mistakes, or merely different continuity (remember, the Muppets don't have just one canon).

Also, the only other character exclusively from MMW besides Constantine to have been included were the Leprechauns, who apparently serve as security guards for something or other.
The Leprechauns briefly appear in the trailers.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
All the info on the book sounds great- I will have to check it out at the bookstore when I get a chance. So it looks like this book covers The Muppets, insomuch as Kermit and the denizens of The Muppet Show:concern: , as well as some of the Muppets Tonight!:skeptical: and The Jim Henson Hour:electric: gang. (Though apparently very limited on that last one, which is a shame.) And it looks like characters from movies and TV-movies and specials and such are included as well? (or at least some of them).
I'd love to see a couple of things done with this format- first of all, a second volume would probably be good in order to showcase characters that didn't make the cut for this book.
And I'd also love to see this kind of book done for other shows- mainly Sesame Street:wisdom: and Fraggle Rock:excited: . That would be cool. A Henson Creature Workshop one would be neat too because then we could have characters from The Dark Crystal:scary: , Labyrinth, Mirrormask and the Storyteller segments of The Jim Henson Hour included- and maybe other shows like Dinosaurs and The Ghost of Faffner Hall, Mopatop's Shop, Bear in the Big Blue House:cry: , etc. could fit in here. (So, basically, a book to include all the Henson characters that aren't considered part of "The Muppets", but are still, of course- Muppets.:wink: )

SkeetScootSquat

Reaction score
Yolanda isn't in there!?!?! I guess that's acceptable 'cause there is a rats group page... But the fact that Droop is only mentioned and doesn't have a page hits me like a metal bullet. and there is no 80s Robot page! I cant wait to buy it though. I may be disappointed, but I'm a sucker for muppets.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looking at the Sweetums page, I find it interesting it says Sweetums likes "Breakfast, lunch, and dinner". Somehow I feel it would have been better to just say he liked breakfast, as a nod to The Frog Prince where he wanted Robin for breakfast (apparently, having Robin for lunch, dinner, or just a snack wouldn't do).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
While I understand that us Walters of infinitely obsessive Muppet knowledge would pick up on that potential reference linking :grr: with his appearance in The Frog Prince, it's an old comedy standard. The joke is that a big monster-type or big eater character would say they like "breakfast, lunch and dinner as their favorite meal" because they love any and all meals as their favorite, it doesn't matter which, so long as they get to chow down.