Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse?

• I loved Studio DC.

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • Studio DC was good.

Votes: 42 30.2%
  • Studio DC was just so-so.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • I disliked Studio DC.

Votes: 26 18.7%

• Total voters

Frogster

Reaction score
I know it's MC's job to let Muppet fans know when the next appearance will be, be it television or otherwise. However...

THIS IS JUST SAD!

It's not just the new puppeteers anymore; it's even how the puppets look. The Electric Mayhem puppets all look like they're sagging, and it's just getting more and more embarrassing to watch them. I remember watching Fozzie talking to his thumb in Muppet Treasure Island, thinking, "Well, it can't get much worse than this." It's been over a decade later, and I've been proven wrong time and time again. Time to put the puppets away; all you guys are doing is degrading yourselves. This doesn't even have 1/4 of the entertainment of MTI. Get this crap off the TV; you're ruining what little dignity you have left.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Time to put the puppets away; all you guys are doing is degrading yourselves.
I hope that never happens. I have to disagree with any fan that wants to stick the Muppets away in a time capsule.

There's a reason why the special was only shown and promoted in the kids block of the Disney Channel. It's a disposable appearance that seems to have achieved gaining awareness for the younger market. It wasn't meant for us. I hope they won't have to do much more of this type of thing, but it wasn't terrible.

The good stuff is coming - just not on DC.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I hope that never happens. I have to disagree with any fan that wants to stick the Muppets away in a time capsule.
I completely agree. I just shake my head and sigh at a fan who doesn't want the project he loves not to suceed.

Yes. Yes it is, and I can't wait to see it.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
(Sorry if someone's mentioned this but....) I'd love to see a series come out of this. Just like TMS, it could have the Muppety craziness and a Disney Channel guest star. Now that's something that I'd love to see.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Well, I'm not doubting that like many here. But if Disney wants to get the Muppets to a tween audience, wouldn't the best thing be to just put "The Muppet Show" back on TV? I know this must have been said before, but seriously, having great old re-runs is better than having bad new stuff.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
It would be excellent if Disney would show the Muppet Show on TV again, though sadly, I have a feeling that is as likely as Vault Disney coming back to TV.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm not doubting that like many here. But if Disney wants to get the Muppets to a tween audience, wouldn't the best thing be to just put "The Muppet Show" back on TV? I know this must have been said before, but seriously, having great old re-runs is better than having bad new stuff.
As someone who watched the Muppet Show in its first run in syndication I'd say - yeah, put it on the air to introduce the show to a new generation. However, most of the guest stars and music on the program aren't relatable to the very catered-toward tween audience. The mountain won't come to Mupphammed. :wink:

Not only will this glorified interstitial called Studio DC help sell the Muppets as a hot commodity to this target demographic, it will also push Muppet Show season sets. The Disney Channel viewing tweens needed this special's bread crumb trail. I don't think it was an overwhelming success in to either the older fans or the DC watchers, but I think it has helped some.

I really do hope this special leads to airings of the classic Muppet Show on the Disney Channel.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
You never really know. For instance, as much as I detest Hello Dolly (both the original stage musical and it's even harder to sit through film adaptation), it's over-the-top prominence in WALL-E has brought about interest in the show again. Heck, there are even talks for a new revival on Broadway! If one positive comes out of Studio DC, to re-iterate if the Muppets' over-the-top prominence in a Disney Channel special with Disney Channel stars could respark interest in the Muppets and bringing The Muppet Show back on Disney Channel (after all, airing re-runs is easier than filming new material and air it, we've seen how long it took for this special to make it to the air), I think there would be enough interest to make the Muppets go forward.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You never really know. For instance, as much as I detest Hello Dolly (both the original stage musical and it's even harder to sit through film adaptation), it's over-the-top prominence in WALL-E has brought about interest in the show again. Heck, there are even talks for a new revival on Broadway! If one positive comes out of Studio DC, to re-iterate if the Muppets' over-the-top prominence in a Disney Channel special with Disney Channel stars could respark interest in the Muppets and bringing The Muppet Show back on Disney Channel (after all, airing re-runs is easier than filming new material and air it, we've seen how long it took for this special to make it to the air), I think there would be enough interest to make the Muppets go forward.
Exactly. It took being featured in Wall-E for interest to be stirred. Few kids would have considered Hello Dolly before that prime placement. I think it's importaint for new things to nod at older more classic sources. I wish the tween crowd's tastes were more to my liking, but if it takes Kermit dancing with a HSM girl to get some spotlight back on him then so be it.

I still think the Disney Channel could easily air some Muppet Shows on the weekends and cut in ads for the DVDs.