Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse?

• I loved Studio DC.

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • Studio DC was good.

Votes: 42 30.2%
  • Studio DC was just so-so.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • I disliked Studio DC.

Votes: 26 18.7%

• Total voters

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I think we should all realize that the things each and every Muppet in the special did was superb. ... How could you not think Kermit and Miss Piggy were totally AWESOME throughout the entire special?

Sure the special wasn't great as a whole--but all of the Muppets certainly were. I don't think we need a bigger sign than that telling us that things are going well.
Agreed! The Muppets were in top form here. Gonzo seemed a bit off, but I think that's mainly because of the role he was given in the special. And we've seen him like this before, so he technically wasn't "off."

Kermit was perfectly in character throughout. His bit in the Suite Life sketch was dead-on. And the Electric Mayhem were all perfect, in my opinion. Say what you will about Dr. Teeth's voice, he was in character, and it's an impossibly difficult voice to get just right anyway. He was superb. Floyd was fantastic. Janice was... Janice. :flirt: Animal was great, too. And Zoot? Well, he was "solid."

I do think this might have worked better as individual skits played during commercial breaks, the way Disney does with music videos and other stuff, but then I wouldn't have known when it was on and would have had to watch even more Disney channel to watch it. :coy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I don't want to see these interstitials as part mof TMS season 4. These Disney Channel stars are all over supposed classic releases (even the JUngle Book), and I don't want to see more deserving footage chucked aside for canned laughs.

That said, I really want to see Disney make a prime time special with celebs that older people can enjoy. Something on ABC before during or after the Christmas season.

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
Personally, I don't want to see these interstitials as part mof TMS season 4. These Disney Channel stars are all over supposed classic releases (even the JUngle Book), and I don't want to see more deserving footage chucked aside for canned laughs.
Oh yeah. I liked the special, but Disney should NEVER put it on any dvd set like that. Even though I liked it, it could never really live up to a classic Muppet Show episode. I would let it slide if they put it on the Muppets Tonight one though. [If they ever make one.]

RedPiggy

Reaction score
First of all, I tried to balance my review. The one where I went off on a rant was SUPPOSED to be mocking. I thought the special was OKAY.

Robin said:
The Muppets were are friends when we were kids, wether on sesame or the Muppet Show... Most of my friends change same... but in lots of ways are the same... I had a dear friend who was in a car wreck and after was a different person... a dumbed down version of his former self... i stick with him because I love him but, he is not the same guy I met, loved and became good friends with... the same with the Muppets...
Getting hit by a car and lazy writing are the same? I mean, Kermit was hit by a taxi, but ...

prawncracker said:
The only negative reviews of the special I've seen is from people on this forum. And those people are not in the target audience from this special.
I seem to recall that many of us were ranting against lazy writing in general ... that the special was just another piece of evidence that entertainment is still largely in the doldrums. Go look up the top movies recently. Good writing IS wanted. Hollywood is only just re-learning this fact. It was my personal opinion that many of the striking writers should have been fired, not permitted to go back to "work". I've read better fanfics than some of the stuff on TV. And, quite frankly, there is no reason at all for Disney or CN or whatever to disregard older kids/teens/adults. You don't need vulgarity to make a well-written adult program. Look at the animated DC(Superman, Batman, Justice League)-verse. I'm hard-pressed to think of a cartoon series that had better characterization and such at the time. Animation and puppetry get their "this is for kids" reputation by INSISTING it's only for children. All of the current shows that seem like 4 minutes of plot stretched to 20-30 minutes will be forgotten five years from now. There's a reason we still like the Muppets. It's called staying power.

How could you not think Kermit and Miss Piggy were totally AWESOME throughout the entire special?
I did. Some griped about Piggy with that spoiled hotel girl (London?). However, I understood the atmosphere they were going for and despite my dislike of the shallow characters, I just took it as parody.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
If they were to put this special on DVD, they might as well put it on the new movie, if and when it comes out. But to put it on any classic material would be disappointing. Not that it would stop me from buying the DVD, but it really wouldn't fit.

Luke

Reaction score
Well, I've done some net searching as well, including at Youtube, and I'm not seeing any such negativity. The kids are talking far more about Miley, the Jonas Bros. etc. than they are about the Muppets, which was to be expected, but I don't see any great dislike for Piggy, Kermit or any of the other Muppets. Do you have any links to specific comments?
Sorry to reply late, have been away for a day or two. But just to backup what i said about there being some negative comments from the kids (well, im assuming kids, them being Jonus and Hannah videos lol) i'll list a few comments i saw. I will say though, my original post was made after just seeing the show so just on the intial posted reactions - and as you say most people were positive about the Disney stars and not mentioning the Muppets much, and the few Muppet comments i saw were bad. From looking at the comments since though as the days have gone on, there does to seem to be a few more positive comments towards the Muppets, especially on Bop Till You Drop. Poor Piggy does seem to have taken a hammering from jealous Jonas fan girls tho, lol. So overall i'd say the Muppety comments have been mixed, guess it could either be Muppet fans or kids posting so only Disney can really know from whatever testing they do what the actual target audience really thinks.

Jonas Brothers & Piggy -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1RTScn1das&feature=related

- ehh. looks like the dumbest **** ever but im watching it for the JBs
- i agree with jobrogrl345 i think that nick thinks that this whole studio dc thing is stupid because if you look at the way he looks at miss piggy he looks very anyoed pooor nick

Kermit & Ashley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPlDVIpSlRY&feature=related

- cool but piggy is a fat b***h

Piggy & Jonas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO9Vfuv8FLk

- omg yea i was like tring to sing along & i was just like "SHUT UP MS PIGGY GOD!" she did ruin it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYSohKS-Gzg

- i loved that show but i dont like mrs.piggy she get on my last nerves

ploobis

Reaction score
I just got back from vacation and my grandmother taped "Studio DC Almost Live" for me while I was gone. :smile:

After watching it I have to say The Muppets were great as always! My sister LOVES Disney Channel so I'm sure she'll love it too.

I have a question about Floyd's line, Was that Jerry Nelson himself doing the voice? Or could it have been someone else? :sing:

It sounded just like Jerry and I did not see Jerry Nelson's or John Kennedy's name in the credits.

Also, I did find it very odd that I was able to understand one line that The Swedish Chef said! Bill kinda broke out of character there! :hungry:

Luke

Reaction score
Well, but there's also this, on the same thread:
Acknowledged, as i said, more recently there had been some positive stuff. As to how we know whether they are Muppet fans or Disney Teen fans posting comments we dont (although u can make an educated guess if they have JonasGirl or Mileyfan in their username, which bizarrely many do, lol) but i think it's likely Diz will if they do some focus grouping or something. Comments like "this is cute" or "they look cute with Miss Piggy" are really just teen girls who think the Jonas look cute in anything, i guess they need to work out if their interest really does extend beyond that. Personally i can't see the majority of kids ever going for them as a brand on their own, possibly they would be ok watching them in occasional specials with their "stars" as like a novelty thing to laugh at their "cuteness", i guess its a start. I guess we couldn't really expect much more this early on. :eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd cry for the fate of the future generation, or feel offended... but these are too doggone funny

Jonas Brothers & Piggy -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1RTScn1das&feature=related

- ehh. looks like the dumbest **** ever but im watching it for the JBs
- i agree with jobrogrl345 i think that nick thinks that this whole studio dc thing is stupid because if you look at the way he looks at miss piggy he looks very anyoed pooor nick
omg. teh muffits ruint teh show cuz they make jonas mad.

Kermit & Ashley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPlDVIpSlRY&feature=related

- cool but piggy is a fat b***h
"I'm trying to be thinspirational, dispite being an overweight 12 year old!"

Piggy & Jonas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO9Vfuv8FLk

- omg yea i was like tring to sing along & i was just like "SHUT UP MS PIGGY GOD!" she did ruin it
Well, in her defense, the songs were ruined while they were being written....

But they all have a common thread. The lack of any vocabulary that has 3 sylables or more. :smirk:

I wonder how many fangirlz whined about Piggy, a puppet performed by a dude hitting on their beloved Jonases? Man... that one would be a riot. yeah. I'm sure celebs of any stature would love to have relationships with little girls who are destined to become dumpy house wives... and clearly NOT the super models all rock stars go for. By that logic, I should be furious that Bobo was hitting on Cindy Crawford back in the 90's.

But if there are some possitive things, especially anything that doesn't include childish swearing (so much for wholesome family entertainment.... :grouchy: )or overusage of leet, it's a start.

You know, I wonder how these would do if they stayed interstitials, and not a special.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Eh people on YouTube are idiots. For all we know THEY'RE not the target audience either. We need to get some real children.