Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse?

• I loved Studio DC.

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • Studio DC was good.

Votes: 42 30.2%
  • Studio DC was just so-so.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • I disliked Studio DC.

Votes: 26 18.7%

• Total voters

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I have to post a little more directly because I just watched this again, and while the writing wasn't stellar, I have to disagree with some of the negative comments on the DC tweens.

I watching Lucy last night, and was surprised at how over the top her performance was. Now before you stone and burn me, PEASE understand I am not comparing the great Lucille Ball to Miley Cyrus, no one can deliver a line like Lucy, she's a goddess among men and I admit we'll never see a talent as great as her ever again. However, I think a lot of this negative reaction to these kids over the top acting and saying "TV nowadays is crap" and "they don't make 'em like they used to" is a bit unfounded. It's basically the same old stuff repackaged and presented in a different light... basically. That's not to say I personally like it, but it's not all evil corporation scat.

Secondly, the Muppets were great, and felt the DC kids (especially Cole and Dylan Sprouse) worked really well with and were respectful of the gang, something a lot of celebrities are not (anyone remember that Nick and Jessica Simpson Variety Show? Dear God, that was a train wreck).

Finally, The Jonas Bros. and Ashley Tisdale are Jersey kids, so I feel I need to be a bit more protective of my fellow Garden Staters (Ashley actually hails from Monmouth County as I do and was discovered at my old hangout Monmouth Mall). Sure, it's not a very acceptable excuse, but hey man, Jersey represent! If we're gonna' boast Kevin Smith, the Boss, Abbott & Costello, Bon Jovi and a crap load of others I don't feel like typing, I gotta' give some nods to the DC tweenies.

Also, that Brenda Song is a really sweet kid (and hot too) and was a perfect fit with Piggy ("Good thing she's rich." "Stinkin' rich!" "Even better!").

I hafta' ask again too, how'd they hide the arm rods o well?(Especially "Bop to the Top")

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have to post a little more directly because I just watched this again, and while the writing wasn't stellar, I have to disagree with some of the negative comments on the DC tweens.

I watching Lucy last night, and was surprised at how over the top her performance was. Now before you stone and burn me, PEASE understand I am not comparing the great Lucille Ball to Miley Cyrus, no one can deliver a line like Lucy, she's a goddess among men and I admit we'll never see a talent as great as her ever again. However, I think a lot of this negative reaction to these kids over the top acting and saying "TV nowadays is crap" and "they don't make 'em like they used to" is a bit unfounded. It's basically the same old stuff repackaged and presented in a different light... basically. That's not to say I personally like it, but it's not all evil corporation scat.

Secondly, the Muppets were great, and felt the DC kids (especially Cole and Dylan Sprouse) worked really well with and were respectful of the gang, something a lot of celebrities are not (anyone remember that Nick and Jessica Simpson Variety Show? Dear God, that was a train wreck).

Finally, The Jonas Bros. and Ashley Tisdale are Jersey kids, so I feel I need to be a bit more protective of my fellow Garden Staters (Ashley actually hails from Monmouth County as I do and was discovered at my old hangout Monmouth Mall). Sure, it's not a very acceptable excuse, but hey man, Jersey represent! If we're gonna' boast Kevin Smith, the Boss, Abbott & Costello, Bon Jovi and a crap load of others I don't feel like typing, I gotta' give some nods to the DC tweenies.

Also, that Brenda Song is a really sweet kid (and hot too) and was a perfect fit with Piggy ("Good thing she's rich." "Stinkin' rich!" "Even better!").

I hafta' ask again too, how'd they hide the arm rods o well?(Especially "Bop to the Top")
I have to agree with what you have said Vic, and I think the actors did really well acting with the Muppets. I like the fact that Mliey was not sure about having EM back her up, but afterwards was in love with them.
I also just thought of something, they could make Studio DC into a show. almost like Staturday Night Live. Have the guest host the show and the origanal cast would be the Muppets.

JiminyCrick91

Reaction score
I saw this in a less than legal manor since it was not on in Canada but I really liked it. It reminded me of Muppets Tonight.

Miley's song was the only part I sighed about. It was just her doing her normal annoying thing without much if any Muppet zaniness. My only OTHER complaint is that the adults and Ashley Tisdale seemed to believe the Muppetsmore than the other actors/actress/singers on Disney Channel.

Overall I liked it but I can't deicide if I liked Kermit, Piggy and Tisdale's Bop to the Top or chief's Suite Life read-through more and thus being my favourite part.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I also just thought of something, they could make Studio DC into a show. almost like Staturday Night Live. Have the guest host the show and the origanal cast would be the Muppets.
They could, but they'd have to know when to end the sketches unlike SNL doh ho ho ho hahahaha :sleep::boo:

Bubbadog

Reaction score
Ok. It wasn't great. But it has potential.
I loved that the electric mayhem were not only there, but were speaking. We need more of Pepe and Animal.

I think the "guest stars" were a niche marketing ploy for advertising shows within their own channel. Odd. But it worked.

Could've been funnier. But overall I enjoyed it.
It was nice to see the muppets back on tv with somethting not rerun.

The whole rehearsal leading to the beginning of the show was a neat idea, and I would like to see them expand on this. Are they planning to make this a series? Was this a test? If so we need more than just Disney Channel stars to be guests on the show.

But I think Waldorf looks more like Zach Efron. :halo:

Thank you, goodnight!:sing:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Now i have to wait till it comes on again. I had it saved in my DVR and for some reason it disappeared. Now i have to wait til it comes on again so i can record it to a DVD. I don't know how but i'm am really ****** off. It was from the first showing and now it won't be the same with it being shown again.

Convincing John

Reaction score
These shows basically prove that kids are in a hurry to grow up, and abandon all the wonderful things childhood stand for...To me, Hanna Montana is doing the same thing Bratz has been doing, albiet in a cleaner light. It's telling little girls, It's great to be a teenager (no its not!) Heck, even as a teenager I would have killed to be ten again.
As C3PO once said "I heartily agree with you, sir." That and your point about South Park (despite the constant critics' barrage of it being "crude") delivering brilliant messages.

If any of you have a chance to see this...please watch the South Park episode "Britney's New Look"...the ending in particular.

"She's the daughter of a country singer, and the young girl has really taken the country by storm. Hannah Montana's Miley Cyrus, though only fifteen years old, is already on her way to being a major superstar."

As a former teacher, I have seen the effects of this "Disney tween" fad firsthand with my former students. It's scary when you think about it. I've seen many 10 year old girls that are basically Bratz clones...and acting like they are much older and more..."developed". (Catch my drift?) If Disney et al aims to attract tweens this way, it's (unfortunately) attracting another "target audience" as seen here.

I'm not being pessimistic. Sadly, it's the truth.

Disney can (and did) have strong role models for tweens. Where is Pepper Ann when we need her? If made as a live action show with the same quality upheld, the Muppets would be much more at ease working with her. As a 2D character, Pepper Ann herself has more depth and believability than any plastic McCelebrity tween Disney keeps forcing on the public.

One of the main characteristics of the Muppets (as Jim said) is the innocence that the audience connects with. Above all, whoever is in charge of the Muppets needs to maintain this.

Disney is now all about overblown, plastic glitz and cheap characters specifically designed to be merchandise. We don't want the Muppets to fall into the same trap. They mean too much to us.

I read the Tough Pigs article about this special and many of the responses here. I'm not sure I want to view the DC special. Kudos to giving the Electric Mayhem some airtime. Kudos to Steve doing what he can with Kermit. However...what Disney needs right now is a whole group of "Jerry Juhls"...excellent writers who know the characters and can maintain their integrity.

The general opinion, both here and at Tough Pigs, is:

The Muppets were shoehorned into a program where they didn't belong.
The Muppets were featured side by side with personalities aimed at a completely different audience.
The Muppets were not on nearly long enough.
Although the Muppets themselves were good, there was a lot of problems with the writing.

This has happened before to the Muppets (on NBC in 1975 to be precise). Do we want Kermit and Piggy to meet the same fate as King Ploobis and Scred? Me neither.

What happens when these tweens on Disney will get too old and be replaced by a whole new set? Will the Muppets have to ride on the coat tails of those tweens, and the next set, and the next set?

"Looks like next harvest will be even better."

The Muppets deserve better than this.

Convincing John

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This DC project project appears to be pairing the Muppets with already established Disney brands to help the tweens see the Muppets as a brand in its own right. That's what I got out of it anyway, and I hope that happens. Then there will be no more need for such forced Disney-mercials. :embarrassed:

Convincing John

Reaction score
This DC project project appears to be pairing the Muppets with already established Disney brands to help the tweens see the Muppets as a brand in its own right. That's what I got out of it anyway, and I hope that happens. Then there will be no more need for such forced Disney-mercials. :embarrassed:
I'm just worried for Kermit's sake...and the rest of the gang. I've seen what's happened to Mickey's CGI "rennovation" and altering of the classic Disney characters. (Can't remember the name of the show, but it was very Dora the Explorer-like).

The age-old (often forgotten) truth about the Muppets is that they're for all ages. The tween age is naturally unstable and wobbly. Tweens' psyches swing back and forth like cuckoo clock pendulums. Interests and fads switch so quickly around this age. I'm not sure that catering to this age alone (right now) would be the best for Kermit and Co. Pardon the pun, but Kermit's evergreen. Muppet fans, like the Muppets, are diverse.

Bottom line: the Muppets are for the whole world to enjoy.

Convincing John