Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse?

• I loved Studio DC.

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • Studio DC was good.

Votes: 42 30.2%
  • Studio DC was just so-so.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • I disliked Studio DC.

Votes: 26 18.7%

• Total voters

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i think it was a start in the right direction. I mean it was really trying to show the people that watch Disney Channle what a Muppet show would really be like. I just hope it did well with the younger veiwers. I really think we will get more from EM because The queen of Disney Chanle Miley Cyriues saying that the band was really cool.

pattywack

Reaction score
Well I finally watched it! I have to admit it was definitley a dissapointment and not as good as I expected. Plus, as others have said (if not everyone) it was WAY too short! They should've made a one hour special. The whole thing was just really random.

However, it was a lot of fun watching! I loved the skits, the characters and I am a disney fan so it was awesome seeing them all together. I love London to death, and her and Miss Piggy together was a hilarious idea! Shame we didn't see many muppets, but it was still good and a step closer to classic muppet style.

Kermit managing a hotel was so perfect!

The Swedish Chef was one of the things I didn't like about it. The Swedish Chef is one of my FAVOURITES of the muppets, and even after JH's death he was still doing pretty good! However, I thought he was terrible there. It didn't seem like him at all, I hope they do him way better in the movie ...

YAY! The Electric Mayhem are back! They all sounded PERFECT! And the chemistry, guh, I've missed them!

All in all it was 'good'. But I want to see way more, and I can't wait till the next one in October!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I finally finally got to see this one. I just moved to Montgomery AL, and when I got here I didn't have the cable hooked up for a while. So I finally watched Studio DC the other night.

It was . . . okay. I agree with a lot of the positives and negatives that everyone here has pointed out. Mayhem--wonderful. Writing--not so hot. I'm really not fond of the Disney Channel programming. It makes me :rolleyes::rolleyes: nonstop. And this was basically a Disney Channel special featuring the Muppets, rather than a Muppet special featuring the Disney Channel stars.

But it was a good start. Between this and the web stuff, I'm very encouraged that Disney us making a serious effort to get the Muppets back in the public eye before the release of the new movie so that it actually has a fair shot in the crowded movie landscape. Now, as long as they actually put effort into the marketing of the movie itself . . .

Davina

Reaction score
I don't think i'd agree that the original muppet show was too obscure for kids today... my step kids all seem to enjoy it.. especially the 9 year old.. she's always wanting to watch all the muppet stuff I've got. she loves the muppet show (though there are some guests or bits that she'll ask us about.. but hey.. look at it as a great way to get the generations talking! and there are some guests my 21 year old step daughter asks about as well..)
She's also a huge fan of dark crystal and labrynth and fraggle rock and all of the old specials i taped years ago (inc muppets tonight...) disney could easily bring on some of the older stuff (I forget who has the rights to what.. do they have the fraggles to or did they go elsewhere? would love to see them back on TV and that'd be easy to do as there really weren't that many things in there that kids today wouldn't get just as easil;y as we did 25 years ago..)
Ok, the tweens might think it's "below them" at first.. but they've got the younger kids who will be tweens soon they could certainly hook.. and they'd catch the current tweens sooner then they'd think (though they might not admit it at first.. heh...)
my 14 yr old step daughter claims not to like much of it.. but then, she is sort of surrounded by it all the time.. and she does sit through and watch it anyway.. *snicker* and they all love playing muppet party cruise :smile:

anyway.. i've gotten all rambling, haven't i.. anyway, my point was, the tweens would catch on pretty quickly if given the chance, I think, and maybe a little encouragement.. even to some of the "older" stuff... and if nothing else.. heck.. we could stand to see some of the films on tv more often... :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't think i'd agree that the original muppet show was too obscure for kids today... my step kids all seem to enjoy it.. especially the 9 year old.. she's always wanting to watch all the muppet stuff I've got. she loves the muppet show (though there are some guests or bits that she'll ask us about.. but hey.. look at it as a great way to get the generations talking!
That's really great! I always say the idea that kids today don't appreciate the classic stuff is a myth and oversimplification. And you're right, it's great when kids see unfamilar things and are encouraged to ask questions. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That's really great! I always say the idea that kids today don't appreciate the classic stuff is a myth and oversimplification. And you're right, it's great when kids see unfamilar things and are encouraged to ask questions. :smile:
I have all three seasons of the Muppet show that have been released, and my four kids love the show. there ages range from 9-4 some of the things in it I don't think they understand but they still ask me if they can watch it.

Davina

Reaction score
gracious.. that reminded me.. the first time my 8 month old grand daughter paid any attention to anything on tv.. it was muppets we were watching that caught her attention and held it through the entire bit! her mom (the 21 year old.. i swear, i'm not old enough to be a grandma.. sheesh...) was just shocked cuz she'd never paid any attention to anything on tv before.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I have all three seasons of the Muppet show that have been released, and my four kids love the show. there ages range from 9-4 some of the things in it I don't think they understand but they still ask me if they can watch it.
I was like that as a kid, I didn't understand some of the stuff I watched but somehow I still loved it, and in a way that encouraged my imagination. Maybe that's why some experts say it's better for very young kids to watch grown up shows rather than overly flashy kids shows.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I was like that as a kid, I didn't understand some of the stuff I watched but somehow I still loved it, and in a way that encouraged my imagination. Maybe that's why some experts say it's better for very young kids to watch grown up shows rather than overly flashy kids shows.
Maybe I really don't know on that.

I have a question though does anyone know who preformed Foyed and Janice?

Sevenofdiamonds

Reaction score
My favorite part was Animal hitting on Miley, and her father's reaction at the end. They did a good job grouping the Disney kids with the muppets. I also liked Bop to the Top with Kermit's dancing and Piggy verses Ashley.