Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 37

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Few things...

1 Will agree that it was good to see a Suzy Kabloozy bit where it's not Let's see what the judges say... Number segment.
Just would've liked to get the original version of Everybody Sleeps instead.
2 The concept of the Mail-It-Shop was OK for it's purposes...
The Fix-It-Shop bit had gotten old, seeing as how it was only used to fix toasters and pretty much nothing else during the last few seasons (30-32) from what I've seen on Noggin.
So I was OK with and understood why they'd want to try something new with the Mail-It-Shop. Plus, it's always a good thing to have a local post office near your home.

But as OK it was, the Fix-It-Shop just evokes much more nostalgic sentiment than the Mail-It-Shop ever will... The Fix-It-Shop is a classic traditional hallmark and landmark of Sesame Street.
Guess they felt it was better to bring it back, along with changing the set so that it incorporates more of the classic look/feel as someone mentioned above what with the return of the stairs in the Arbor/Courtyard area.

Hope this helps.

Mistoffelees

Reaction score
I kinda found the whole "Rocko" thing annoying and wanted to see Elmo either slap Zoe or walk away and talk to someone else instead, and I like Zoe! I thought this was a very good episode, good to see the Count on thr Street but I missed having an Ernie segment. The L&O segment was great. Did anyone catch the credits? Who else are new performers? I saw Heather Asch, Amanda Maddock, and I heard about a Ryan Dillon.

Leslie never played Baby Bop on Barney

rowlf84

Reaction score
Zoe was rebuilt for this season. Her eyes are smaller, her hair has "sparkles" in it, and her tutu is a slightly different color. I really like the street scene, although I know there are better ones coming up. Abby will be featured prominently in one more episode, then have a supporting role in another, so no worries about being "Abby'd" out. As for her being in EW, they film EW months in advance of the Street scenes and Abby hadn't been finalized as of yet, although it would have been nice to see her there. And Jerry performed the Count.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Does this mean Leslie Carrara is not a full time puppeteer?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I enjoyed it all. Love Abby too. I can't wait for more episodes. YEAAAAAAA!!! Keep them coming SWS. :stick_out_tongue: :frown: :grouchy:

BEAR

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Yeah bear, I loved the choreography Big Bird and Suffy did on that song, and great song to.
I didn't mention that their harmony was also really good.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Does this mean Leslie Carrara is not a full time puppeteer?

Yeah, Ms. Carrara was not listed in the credits with the other performers.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Saw the other half

I saw the other half of the first ep of the new season this morning, the local PBS station here in NYC runs the same ep twice in a row at the beginning of a new season.

I found it interesting, kind of neat how Abby added a new twist to a game of Hide and Seek, how do you find someone who can disappear. I liked how Maria didn't believe that Abby's wand would work at first, you could hear the skepticism in her voice. Of course when it did she was faced with another problem, a really broken toaster. Interesting that The Count didn't go to the fix-it shop with them for his monocle, instead he called for an optician.

Johnathan woke up just as Cookie and Prarie were introducing the letter M, so I couldn't see the second half again. Oh well I'm a little old for watching the same thing twice in a row anyway. I let Megan watch the second half alone.