Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 37

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Saw part of the new SS

I tuned in at the beginning of Law & Order Special Letters Unit (loved it) and stayed to the end. I didn't like Suzy's version of "Everybody Sleeps" much either, but it was okay considering it was about cats and not everybody in the world. BTW those of you who are owned by cats know that sleeping is their main activity.
Elmo's Friends ep of Elmo's World was good, but maybe Abby should have shown up there too: new friends, old friends, you know the rest. I saw Trash Gordon. Trash was on the planet Spaghetti getting chased by a meatball, which he sneezed away.
All in all, it was a good ep I wish I had seen the whole thing, but I was spending the early morning getting some quiet time with my wife, something we don't get enough of these days with the new baby and everything. Oh well, they will certainly rerun it b4 the season is over.

DTWolf

Reaction score
Abby meets Oscar

I had this thought while writing about Abby in her thread:

I was happy that they owned up to the fact that being told off by a grouch would hurt someone's feelings. They downplayed it, yes, but the acknowledgment was there. I'm so familiar with Oscar that I tend to forget his behavior would be very painful for someone who didn't know him. I'm impressed that the writers recognized that.

deadenders

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but here in the L.A. area the episode had a horrible voice over track that described all on the on-screen action. Not only did it step all over the episodes' dialog but was annoying and monotone. I don't need to hear "Abby returns to the fix-it shop" when I can see it happening.

I hope this was just a mess up on the broadcast here and not something new for the season.

BEAR

Reaction score
deadenders said:
I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but here in the L.A. area the episode had a horrible voice over track that described all on the on-screen action. Not only did it step all over the episodes' dialog but was annoying and monotone. I don't need to hear "Abby returns to the fix-it shop" when I can see it happening.

I hope this was just a mess up on the broadcast here and not something new for the season.

Weird. I know they have that as a special feature on the Sesame DVDs for blind people. I can see where it would be distracting for others who watch it on television though. I hope it doesn't air that way when i watch this afternoon here in LA.

deadenders

Reaction score
That is exactly what it seemed like. I talked to some who have watched it on cable and Sat. and both have had the same problem. Sounds like a west coast problem. I hope the repeat tomorrow will be fixed.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I wonder what got them to bring back the mail it shop? It's Good of course but I wonder.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
I just saw the episode (after having set my VCR) and enjoyed it.

I was pleased to see Big Bird figure so prominently in the street segment.

Abby's voice (and to a certain degree her personality) remind me of one of my students.

And poetic justice has seldom been funnier (at least to me) than when Zoe stole the show on Elmo's World.

I too wish there had been a Bert and Ernie segment, but after all there are 25 more episodes, so I'm sure we'll see more of them.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Wow wow wow!! I looooooved it! Abby Cadaby is an awesome addition to the street! LOVED seeing Oscar at the beginning! Awesome! And Big Bird...Was that Matt Vogel? If so, he is an AWESOME Big Bird! And loved Snuffy and The Count and Zoe. And yes...I theprawncracker...Loved...Elmo...On the street...And Elmo's World actually...That was great seeing them all there...(HUGS ED!!) All in all, great episode.

OHHHHHH!!! And I don't know if anyone else saw, but after the episode, GUY SMILEY!! Yes! He was in a game show segment with Cookie, Arthur's Grandma and some dog from Clifford I think...But anyway he was voiced by Joey Mazzarino I think...Not sure, but he didn't sound perfect, but good. AND AWESOME characterization! Loved it!

BEAR

Reaction score
Big Bird's voice sounded like Carrol's to me, Ryan.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this episode!!! They were all there at some point in the episode in a new segment. Even though Baby Bear, Rosita and Telly didn't have much to do and weren't in the street segment at all, they were with the whole principle Muppet gang in the Elmo's World segment. Same with Bert, Ernie, Cookie and Prairie. I also loved how Big Bird poked his head in the window. The Best Elmo's World so far! Even Stinky made a new cameo and Hoots came back!! The new song with Big Bird and Snuffy was incredible. I'd like more new songs like that in the future. It was good quality music and their choreography made it even more spectacular. Abby is a wonderful addition and I am looking forward to seeing how she develops. Funny how the thunder storm cracked Count's monocle. Also, I know that Hoots was rebuilt but was Zoe redone too? Her hair looks longer and blonder.