Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 37

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
I am seriously loving the Law & Order spoof. It reminds me of the old spoofs they did back in the 70's of Dragnet. I am hoping they make this a re-accuring sketch. Its wonderful, and has alot of potential.
I think it will be a recurring sketch next year. I saw a TV guide article about this sketch, saying that it tested so well with kids that Sesame Workshop plans on bringing it back next season. I'm not too clear on whether that meant it was originally planned to be a one-shot sketch or not, but at least it'll be brought back next season.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I really liked Abby (they certainly hyped her up in newspapers and such). It is nice to see a new female muppet which I think has been a weakness of any of the muppet productions .

The Law and order parody was funny. I don't watch Law and order but the jokes were easy enough for any adult to pick up on.

I did wish they would have shown a bert and Ernie sketch...even a classic one would have been nice.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Bry, Ry, course it was Caroll voicing Big B.
Matt's voice has a slight off-keyish sound to it, pretty much gotten used to it by now and can pick it out from Caroll's, like when I commented on it in last season's finale.

Guy Smiley at the end of the episode? Missed it, thought there was nothing left after I missed out on Trash Gordon.

BTW: This makes it two years in a row the season premiere has been sponsored by the number 4.
And on a somewhat related note... There were four commercials before the episode started.
There was a nice little intro bit with Abby trying to poof her way to Sesame, she called her mommy and asked: Can you tell me how to poof to Sesame Street?"
The commercials were the one for Beech's, McDonald's, the one for Pampers with the pancake hat I'd wish they got rid of, and a new one for www.everydaykids.com
Hope this helps.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
Wow wow wow!! I looooooved it! Abby Cadaby is an awesome addition to the street! LOVED seeing Oscar at the beginning! Awesome! And Big Bird...Was that Matt Vogel? If so, he is an AWESOME Big Bird! And loved Snuffy and The Count and Zoe. And yes...I theprawncracker...Loved...Elmo...On the street...And Elmo's World actually...That was great seeing them all there...(HUGS ED!!) All in all, great episode.

OHHHHHH!!! And I don't know if anyone else saw, but after the episode, GUY SMILEY!! Yes! He was in a game show segment with Cookie, Arthur's Grandma and some dog from Clifford I think...But anyway he was voiced by Joey Mazzarino I think...Not sure, but he didn't sound perfect, but good. AND AWESOME characterization! Loved it!
Eric Jacobson performed Guy Smiley.

doctort13

Reaction score
My daughter and I watched the new episode, and dug it!

Bravo Sesame Street!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I think so. I think it's still Carroll performing BB in the street segments, but we'll most likely see more of Matt's Big Bird this season.

OHHHHHH!!! And I don't know if anyone else saw, but after the episode, GUY SMILEY!! Yes! He was in a game show segment with Cookie, Arthur's Grandma and some dog from Clifford I think...But anyway he was voiced by Joey Mazzarino I think...Not sure, but he didn't sound perfect, but good. AND AWESOME characterization! Loved it!
Wow! I didn't see that. Were the Muppets animated in that segment as well?

There was a nice little intro bit with Abby trying to poof her way to Sesame, she called her mommy and asked: Can you tell me how to poof to Sesame Street?"
I missed the very beginning. I was wondering if they still had happy/healthy openings. Now it seems like they just have generic cold openings.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Yeah, we get today's new episode on one channel at 2 different times, then later in the afternoon we get yesterday's episode on another channel. So if I ever miss a new episode, I know I have another chance to catch it tomorrow.
I used to be able to do that where I used to live, though.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah bear, I loved the choreography Big Bird and Suffy did on that song, and great song to.

Drtooth

Reaction score
First off, lemme say that Abby Cadabby is with out a doubt, the most annoying Muppet on the show since Elizabeth and Little Murry Sparkles left the series. Absolutely horrid. And the way she kept on saying stuff like "enchanting" and "it's magical!" I REALLY hope she flops like every other female character, besides ZOe, Prarie, and ROsita, of course. But if the kiddy's love it, fine...

The episode was pretty much the standard "introducing a character fare." Loved Oscar's intro and Count's small role. ("You never forget your first time" didn't sound like an innuendo to anyone besides me, did it?) ANd It's great to see Hoots back on the show. ELmo's ok, I guess... but I really only dislike the overuse of the character, because it only shows a little of Kevin Clash's talent. So It's great to have him back... though, I'll say the redesign of him looks more like a plush toy than the first one.

But then came the TRUE highlight of the show, Law and Order, Special letters unit. I thought I'd never live to see the day where I'd say, "Yeah! I've seen a muppet version of Richard Belzer." Looks JUUUST like him, if he were 3 feet tall and green.

Grover's segment is always a laugh, but the numer of the day was dull, using the same boring as shell dancing kids bit from the 90's. And the numerous "Eat healthy foods" and dancing were just cramming it down kid's throats.

The Muppet segments are as strong as ever, but the filler is exactly that... just filler.

But I'll disagree on almost EVERYONE on one subject. It was refreshing to see a Mo Willems "Suzy Kabloozie" segment where they didn't use the "Let's see what the judge says" junk. I'm a big fan of the animator and writer, Mo Willems (You have to see "the Man who Yelled." trust me) not to mention Miss Ruth Buzzi.

But no one else cheered but me when Rocko finally infiltraited Elmo's WOrld? I mean, the one thing that annoys even ELMO? How great that was.

All and all, some memorable bits, some I'd rather forget. Plus, I mean I like the Fix it Shop being back, but they didn't even explain why they changed it back... it's like either it takes place BEFORE the 2002 season, or it never was the Mailit Shop at all. Weird :concern:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why did they even change to the Mail-It-Shop if they were going to switch back to the Fix-It-Shop>