Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 2

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if this would affect SW's releases of EW videos in the future. Maybe they'd just dub out the music with something more public Domain. Like "He's a Jolly Good Fellow" which makes no sense, but it's the most common substitute.
Was Happy Birthday sung in any Elmo's World epsiode? Or are you reffering to Jingle Bells, which I think is public domain.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh yeah. in certain earlier episodes they used the Happy Birthday song (instrumental) whenever they did the "Can a Birthday cake ______________." They long since have stopped. it was an unneccisary use of money. I wish I had an example or two of episodes that used it. They also used Rockin' Robin at one point.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
By the way, does anybody know what the film clip from Dialing for Prizes is from? I wonder if it could have been produced for Sesame Street, but Sesame Workshop couldn't get clearances from the filmaker of that footage.
It's hard to tell why it was cut. The silent film used in that segment was also seen in show #131, for the traffic light film.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Was Happy Birthday sung in any Elmo's World epsiode? Or are you reffering to Jingle Bells, which I think is public domain.

No, the song used for Elmo's World was "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow", which is the cheaper/more affordable alternative for Happy Birthday.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
While the Typewriter's new segments are good, they are hardly introductions. They seem like more of an excuse to make new Typewriter skits. Only the introduction to episode 666 seems to have any relevance to the set, as he types "O-old school". However, unlike the animated closing sequences on the first set, all of the closing sequences are different, and related to the introductions. On the first set, all of Bob's closings were the same.

Rubber Duckie

Reaction score
I have to ask. Is the 1971 PBS logo retained at the end of the episodes on this set like the previous one?

mjb1124

Reaction score
Yes, and they also kept the NET logos on the pilot.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere on the web, so I'd like to be the first to confirm that Henson Ball Wire #3 is the version with the cherry ending, rather than the powder ending.

BillyKal

Reaction score
Just got this in the mail today.

Lovin' it so far. Although I must admit that I do miss slighly Jazzy Spies and The Number Painter.

BUT what we do get is pretty sweet stuff.

This was the era I grew up with (the mid 70s) on Sesame Street.

Nice to see more David and Louis on here, as well as the debut of Linda Bove.

BTW, nice fuzzy memories seeing Don Music again.

Weird about the Dialing For Prizes Movie being replaced.

Can anyone post that on YouTube?

All in all A+ on the set. To me more enjoyable than Volume 1.