Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 2

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I bought my copy today. So far I've only watched episode 666 and some bonus sketches (and went to the chapter stops to watch "A Song from Kermit"). It's a shame that the booklet doesn't reveal who played Gordon in the pilot.

PinballStewie

Reaction score
Dunno why they left out "Kermit the Frog T-Shirt" and "Born to Add". Those are both classics to me :smile: On the plus side, Volume 2 has more attempts at parodying rock and roll music than the previous volume. I just knew somehow that "Telephone Rock" was going to be included and I'm psyched that "I Cry", one of SS's rare attempts at parodying a punk song (albeit with a somewhat Beatlesque organ), appears on one of the episodes! Here's hoping "The Letter N" appears on Volume 3!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Muppet Wikia has a run down of the set as well. Including links to episodes to see the "track listing" of the episodes put on the set.\

Seems like starting off the season with the #2 is a tradition or something.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Regarding Muppet Central's review of the set, I think it's pretty disgusting to even suggest that interacial relationships are being shunned. Shame on you Mr Brobeck. Such wild guesswork is how harmful rumors start. I epxect that from a forum, but not in a website review. Quite frankly such assertions offend me deeply, and I'm surprised the review was allowed to be published as is.

ploobis

Reaction score
I went to Best Buy to pick up a copy of the DVD and they did not have it!

I checked out Target, Suncoast, Barnes & Nobles and Walmart and no one had it there! :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

Later tonight at 6:00pm I'm going back to Best Buy to see if they found a box with the DVD in the back. They said that they were supposed to get 3 copies of it in today!

"SO WEIRD!" :confused:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I bought my copy and watched episode 666 before I even read the Muppet Central review. After looking at the episode page on Muppet Wiki I suspected that a sketch was shown between Rodeo Rosie's debut and the Roosevelt Franklin sketch. I noticed a few other films that I didn't recall reading about on Mupet Wiki's page, and when I saw Beat the Time, I figured that it was cut from the episode, was aware that the episode featured Dialing for Prizes, and thought it was weird that two Guy Smiley game shows would be included in the same episode (I guess it's not any more weird than an episode having many different skits with certain characters, which was very common back then). By the time the episode had ended I had forgotten about Dialing for Prizes, until I looked at that episodes page on Muppet Wiki and realised that Beat the Time is in the spot where Dialing for Prizes would have been. And I think it's safe to assume that the episode didn't originally feature both skits. It would be werid for two Guy Smiley sketches to be shown back-to-back in the same episode.

At first I was thinking that this set has less edits than the first set, but now that I think about it, excluding the copyright changes, it has about the same number of edits. One entire sketch is known to be cut, the ending of a sketch is cut, one whole sequence was cut from the pilot, and part of the end of the pilot is cut.

Looking at the review, I am glad that The Nobel Ostrich is included. And it's great that the set has some bonus skits as easter eggs, even if they are all animated ones. I would have hoped that if any skits were easter eggs, they would be ones that might have questionable content, like I Want a Monster to be my Friend. Or something really rare like One Song (Song of One) or a Professor Hastings skit (yes, I'm aware that these aren't from the late 1970s).

It seems like this set is an improvement over the first set.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Regarding Muppet Central's review of the set, I think it's pretty disgusting to even suggest that interacial relationships are being shunned. Shame on you Mr Brobeck. Such wild guesswork is how harmful rumors start. I epxect that from a forum, but not in a website review. Quite frankly such assertions offend me deeply, and I'm surprised the review was allowed to be published as is.
He also speculated that it could be to avoid confusion from kids who know that she's married to Luis, but I don't think that's an issue. Not any more confusing that seeing an orange Oscar, Snuffy being thought to be imaginary, Gordon having hair, and so on.

ploobis

Reaction score
He also speculated that it could be to avoid confusion from kids who know that she's married to Luis, but I don't think that's an issue. Not any more confusing that seeing an orange Oscar, Snuffy being thought to be imaginary, Gordon having hair, and so on.
Or Herry Monster having a fuzzy-N-blue nose. :smile: