You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does Bambi even have a plot? I had been wondering that for awhile, and when I watched the movie last night to see, I couldn't tell if it had a plot or not. As far as I'm concerned the plot can be summarized in just one sentence: A deer grows up.

It feels more like a collection of several 7-minute shorts with the same characters and settings put together into one movie. Then again, Pinnocchio feels more like it's three separate 30-minute shorts and a regular 7-minute short (the beginning when Pinnocchio becomes real) put together into one.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, take into account that the original Pinocchio was actually a series of stories anyway. Very dark stories indeed, and Disney managed to take only the major points that would work for the narrative of a movie. So that's why it seems a little disjointed.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I keep hearing that big cities like New York City are more expensive to live in, but they have large populations. Shouldn't they be cheaper if they have a lot more people living there and paying for things?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It always costs more to live in the city, city is life is simply more expensive.

One thing that intrigues me though, it that supposedely, these big cities like NYC are apparently among the safest places to live now, as opposed to smaller cities, or even the suburbs, which is kind of hard to wrap your mind around.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Except that suburbs also have those pesky property taxes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, no matter where you go, or where you live, you're going to get screwed over one way, or another, for one reason, or your mother.

Lemme tell ya, DECENT landlords are a RARE seed. Seriously, real estate, or even renting, is like a bloodsport, and landlords are some of the smuggest snakes in the grass you'll ever find. We're pretty darn lucky that right now, the place we rent is owned by an old codger who very well would remind you of Fred Mertz (seriously, he's got Fred's penny-pinching quirks downpat).

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is for the small Venn Diagram of those who like The Middle and Transformers.

Anyone notice that Brick basically talks like Shrapnel shrapnel ? That same odd silently repeating the last word of a sentence sentence? I'm starting to wonder if the writers were fans of the Insecticons and threw that in as a reference reference.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
McDonald's has been changing it's sign at various different locations where the sign doesn't even include the name "McDonald's" anymore, it's JUST the golden arches and the red upside trapezoid... what, do they figure after all these decades, if people don't know the name by now, they'll never-never know it? Ooooh-woooo-oooo-woooo?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In the movie Hocus Pocus, the main characters have trouble convincing the town that they brought the witches back to life. But doesn't the movie take place in a town that believes in the legend of the Sanderson sisters? I can see the parents not believing them since they just moved there, but for a town that takes Halloween so seriously I would have thought that more of the townspeople would believe them.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
McDonald's has been changing it's sign at various different locations where the sign doesn't even include the name "McDonald's" anymore, it's JUST the golden arches and the red upside trapezoid... what, do they figure after all these decades, if people don't know the name by now, they'll never-never know it? Ooooh-woooo-oooo-woooo?
I haven't seen any signs like that. Are you sure it's not really McDowell's? :wink: