You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
What is so great about Twitter? It's just like a limited version of Facebook, so why does everyone use it?
Twitter is good for breaking news stories and sports happenings and things like that. I have a Twitter account and it's amazing how much quicker news disseminates on there than any other form. You can get real time reactions to things as they happen. Yes, it's silly to see a thousand variations of "at the beach wit my friends lol", but if you follow the right people, Twitter's worth it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Did you know that the phrase, "Innocent until proven guilty" used to be reverse in the old days, in that it was, "Guilty until proven innocent"? Personally, I kind of think that the older version seems a little more hopeful than what it currently is... to be, "Guilty until proven innocent" means just that, there's hope and a chance that you can be cleared of something you didn't do, and there will be PROOF that you didn't do what you're guilty of... but, to be "Innocent until proven guilty" makes it seem like they still have something to prove that you did something bad, and you're only innocent or free until they have the proof they need to lock you away. I mean, which sounds better to you: having to be proven that you're innocent, or having to be proven that you're guilty?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What's the point of stealing some really valuable one-of-a-kind item? I would think that maybe some one-of-a-kind item like an original painting would be stolen for the sake of selling for a high price... But why would somebody want to own something so valuable and one-of-a-kind aside from selling it (and how many times could it be sold?)? I'm sure that such one-of-a-kind items get reported in the news as being stolen, and the person who steals/buys a stolen one-of-a-kind item for their own sake (as opposed to making profit) can't really show it off, can they? They can't brag about having something so rare, except to other criminals, so they'd have to hide it from the public.

Do they do it for "bragging rights" among the thief community, so they can be seen as the best criminal ever? Do they do it to stoop so low as to destroy something so valuable for the sake of being evil? Do they steal such items so there'll be something interesting in the news?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In one episode of Dexter's Laboratory, Dexter and Dee Dee compete on a game show, and at one point they each have to answer a question about what each others favorite thing is. Dee Dee correctly guesses Dexter's secret lab, and Dexter holds up the answer confirming she is right... But why WOULD he give that answer on a TV show? It's one thing for Dee Dee to blurt out that Dexter has a secret lab on (probably national, maybe live) TV (though for the most part she is good about not telling anybody), but Dexter was actually willing to truthfully say that his lab is his favorite thing on TV? His parents are probably watching, so they would know. Then again, Dexter might just erase everybody's memories after watching (does he have enough technology to erase the memoires of EVERYBODY who watched it on TV, or even a way of knowing exactly everybody who watched?).

And why DID Dexter make his lab a secret? I can see Dexter wanting it to be a secret from Dee Dee, who found it by accident. And Dexter's rival Mandark knows about it (more on that below). So Dexter has successfully managed to keep his lab from most of the world, but the two worst people to know about the lab actually know about it?

Also, in Mandark's debut episode, he tells Dexter that he was told Dexter had a secret lab. It obviously wasn't Dee Dee who told him (he didn't see her until after seeing the lab), so who could it be? Did Dexter actually tell friends or schoolmates about his lab (Dexter doesn't seem to actually have any friends)? And when Mandark points out he knew about the lab, Dexter doesn't get annoyed or horrified that his new rival knows about the lab (or wonders who blabbed to him about the lab). I know, it was Dexter's ego that made him want to show off his lab (not knowing that Mandark had a better lab).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My wise old doctor had a saying that was brought up at his funeral a couple of years ago, his was, "Women are meant to be loved, not understood."

Now, I can go along with that, women ARE hard to understand *Anticipates heralde responded with some psuedo-feministic insight*, but there's a mentality I've noticed a lot of women are adopting today that I honestly really can't fathom:

Apparently, a lot of women today consider cheating okay if the other woman is more attractive than they are. I'm sorry, but how is ANY form of cheating, irregardless of what the other woman looks like, "okay"? I even remember once reading some kind of blog posting where a woman said that if she ever found out her man was cheating on her, she would be ****** off if the other woman was uglier than she was, but would be fine if the other woman was more attractive than her... I don't get it... how could you NOT be ****** off as well if the other woman was more attractive? Wouldn't you, at least, feel like what's she got that I don't have? But either way, wouldn't you feel hurt and betrayed just the same if the other woman was ugly or pretty?

I'm wondering if since cheating seems to be so commonplace now that many women are just becoming desensitized about it? Either way, I still think cheating in general, irregardless of who the other person is, is bad, and shouldn't be considered "okay".

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Now, I can go along with that, women ARE hard to understand *Anticipates heralde responded with some psuedo-feministic insight*,
Um, thanks, lol. Hopefully not. :stick_out_tongue:

I even remember once reading some kind of blog posting where a woman said that if she ever found out her man was cheating on her, she would be ****** off if the other woman was uglier than she was, but would be fine if the other woman was more attractive than her... I don't get it... how could you NOT be ****** off as well if the other woman was more attractive?
Ohhh, I see what you're saying. Well there is this phenomenon in society occasionally where when some men cheat, the woman they cheat with is rather bizarrely unattractive and you wonder why the guy even bothered. Why didn't he just stay with his wife/girlfriend if he wasn't seeking a more attractive woman?

Personally I think that just demonstrates that cheating isn't really about finding a new love. It's about insecurity.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I still fail to see how the act of cheating, in general, can be considered "okay", even if the other woman is more attractive or not.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I still fail to see how the act of cheating, in general, can be considered "okay", even if the other woman is more attractive or not.
It's not that she's saying it's "okay." Like I said, it's more that she's sarcastically saying, "You better not do this, but if you do, you'd better have a d*** good reason for it!!!!" :mad:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Another thing, if the guy cheated with a prettier girl, then the discarded lover at least has an easy reason to fall back on, "Oh he cheated on me because he's shallow, that's all!" But if he cheats with an unattractive girl, then it kinda implies there might be something wrong with you, the discarded lover.