You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yay, I love it whenever Drtooth and heralde are deeply emersed in a particular subject... it's like watching a couple of egg heads and double domes sitting around discussing magnetic theories. :excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
What's the deal with this?

How come there are those who are complaining and whining about how many Super Hero movies we got this year, but NO ONE mentions the fact we've had a crap load of racing films too. I mean, Rush, Turbo, Planes... I don't know if you'd count the latest Fast and Furious movie, but I do. Not to mention that we have to have a horror/thriller film every other month at least. And not just this year, every year since forever. We had 2 films about the White House being under attack and 2 films about stage magic (and for the record, Burt Wonderstone freaking was awesome, even if I'm the only one who thinks so). We even had 2 movies that used the same exact painful line "Snailed it." But Oh No! Disney/Marvel wants to continue a theatrical universe, DC has that one movie, and then there's one Marvel Film Disney has no rights to, and that's the big to do?

EDIT: Oh I forgot one. 2 terrible sketch comedy movies that work on the "let's be as offensive as possible" school of humor that make even the worst adult swim show writers blush.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ya know, it's funny... looking back on the old days, when MySpace (now My[_____]) was the big thing, everybody had this mentality that you shouldn't use it, because social media was like a big playground for predators just waiting to steal your identity, or steal your personal information and hunt you down and kill you, or whatever... (MADtv even did that WICKED funny SST spoof about it where Bert was a pedophilic online predator)... fast forward to today, and it's just the opposite... like you HAVE to have Facebook, otherwise you apparently don't exist, and social media is apparently a necessity of life.

How peculiar life can be.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
like you HAVE to have Facebook, otherwise you apparently don't exist, and social media is apparently a necessity of life.

How peculiar life can be.
Anyone who "has to have" Facebook needs to start reexamining things. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But you see my point don't you? Back in the day, social media was "evil", and you needed to avoid sites like MySpace, but nowadays, social media is a "necessity" and you have to have Facebook to prove you exist. :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But you see my point don't you? Back in the day, social media was "evil", and you needed to avoid sites like MySpace, but nowadays, social media is a "necessity" and you have to have Facebook to prove you exist. :stick_out_tongue:
I'll take your word about MySpace, I really don't remember. All I know is people love jumping on bandwagons.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What's the deal with all those Lego versions of Star Wars and other franchises? I don't mean Lego toys of the characters from franchises, I mean stuff like video games, movies, and books that feature Lego versions of popular characters. What's up with that?

A lot of times, when I go to flea markets/antique stores/thrift shops, employees ask me if they can help me find anything. I always turn down their requests for help, because I don't know if they would have a way of knowing if they have what I'm looking for. But to these kinds of places keep track of specific items? It recently hit me that they probably think people are looking for generic stuff ("clothes", "books", "toys", "videos"), as opposed to more speciffic things I look for but usually never find (Muppet compilation videos from Playhouse, Jim Henson's Play-Along Video series, Rowlf: Ol' Brown Ears is Back, etc.) I wonder, if I did tell them what I'm looking for, if they would be able to help. But I can rarely find what I really want, especially not that stuff I mentioned. And it seems these kinds of places sell everything else that existed for sale at some point.

Okay, that's a little exaggerating. As far as things I'm not neccessarily looking to buy, I rarely see any Beta, Laserdiscs, or Super 8 films. Though I have occasionally seen Beta tapes and laserdiscs (once I went into a Goodwill store and found a whole shelf of laserdiscs... and they were all gone by the next time I went there).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In Toy Story, soon after Andy gets his Buzz Lightyear action figure, he replaces a lot of cowboy stuff in his room with Buzz Lightyear stuff. He replaces posters, drawings, and bed sheets. I can see the drawings on the wall replaced, and maybe also posters, but why replace his cowboy blankets with Buzz Lightyear blankets so close to moving? Shouldn't they have waited until he moved to his new house, which was within a few days?

And it seems like Andy was a fan of Buzz Lightyear before getting the toy, but I can't help but wonder how his toys didn't know of his fandom. Even though Andy doesn't know the toys are alive, I feel he should have talked a lot about Buzz in front of his toys, maybe even watched the Buzz Lightyear show (there was a show in-universe, right?) with his toys, maybe even had some Buzz merchandise. I wouldn't be surprised if a Buzz Lightyear toy was what Andy wanted the most for his birthday, and I'm sure the toys would have overheard something or been aware of the character, but it seems they don't. The toy soldiers only say what Andy got without saying they were Buzz Lightyear items (like "bed sheets" instead of "Buzz Lightyear bed sheets"). In fact I was watching this last night and noticed for the first time that Buzz Lightyear was on the wrapping paper for the toy.

And it seems the toys know more about Sid than Andy does. They know he likes to torture toys, know he was supposed to be in summer camp (and know that he gets kicked out). It's a shame we never get any interaction between Andy and Sid, we don't even get one of them mentioning the other (like when Sid sees Woody attached to Buzz in the claw machine, he could have said "hey, that cowboy toy's like my neighbors!"). It makes me wonder how well they know each other (I don't know any of my neighbors too well, not even next-door neighbors). Like, would Andy be scared/intimidated by Sid? Sid didn't come to his birthday party, which could be because they aren't friends, but it also could be because Sid was at camp.

One final thing, at the end, when Woody and Buzz fall into the car and Andy says he found them in the car, his mom just says "see? They're right where you left them". But Andy only had Woody in the car on the way to Pizza Planet, he didn't know that Buzz was there. He had lost Buzz before going, and his mom had specifically told him he could only bring one toy. Which also gets me realizing that he wanted to bring a toy, but then he didn't seem to notice Woody missing when he got to Pizza Planet, as if he had just left his toy in the car without caring. And this is a kid who was disappointed that he could only bring one toy to Pizza Planet.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
What is so great about Twitter? It's just like a limited version of Facebook, so why does everyone use it?