Video: Ben Folds Five and the Fraggles sing "Do It Anyway"

jvcarroll

Reaction score
This is fantastic and it's about time! Fraggle domination!!!

Sure, the puppets are going to look a little different, but that happens with every rebuild. These look closer to their predecessors than most of the current Muppets or Sesame gang resemble their 80's counterparts. And the fact that they rebuilt some of Fraggle Rock is impressive! This is definitely a WIN!
:coy::smirk::excited::drool::sigh::dreamy::busy:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I kind wish they had picked one idea for the video and went with it. The Fraggles coming to the surface and groove with the band? Sure! But the blue shirt dude and the girl with the Gorg shirt, why? It kinda had something to do with the song, but I didn't fully understand its purpose.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
My hope is with the Gorgs that they use the same type of setup they had with the show and try not to CG everything. I think we are seeing that having the puppets there means so much more to the people working around them that I hope they take heed to that with other things such as the Gogrs doozers and the Dark Cristal.

jgidley

Reaction score
Awesome to see the Fraggles back, but how come Traveling Matt and Red are the only ones that speak?(something tells me the Boober clip at the end comes from the theme) I wanted to hear Gobo(possibly by Matt Vogel).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Awesome to see the Fraggles back, but how come Traveling Matt and Red are the only ones that speak?(something tells me the Boober clip at the end comes from the theme) I wanted to hear Gobo(possibly by Matt Vogel).
Because if none of them are really required to speak, why should they fly in all the performers (I'm assuming this was shot prior to Nelson's death). Matt's portion was probably recorded over the phone or something. And yes, Boober's line was borrowed from the original theme.

jgidley

Reaction score
Because if none of them are really required to speak, why should they fly in all the performers (I'm assuming this was shot prior to Nelson's death). Matt's portion was probably recorded over the phone or something. And yes, Boober's line was borrowed from the original theme.
I thought is was from the theme.:sigh:

King Tigre

Reaction score
Like they said in the Behind the Scenes, they only had 2 weeks to shoot this video. I think it turned out great all things considered. Though I concur that hear Gobo and Wembley would have been awesome. Made me want to dust off my DVD's.